Clear All
  • Silversurfer
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Los Angeles
    • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post
    Hire Pederson! I like him.

Edit: deleted reference to Pederson being fired as I am unfashionably late to the party.
    He aint changing the culture here just a playsheet junkie from the sideline. Hard pass for me, he has made some questionable in game decisions.

Also not the same coach with out Reich.
    Last edited by Silversurfer; 01-11-2021, 01:20 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Eurobolt View Post
      Who are the coaches we do interview to meet Rooney rule?
      Bienemy for sure
      maybe Saleh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by perryao View Post
        Hire Pederson! I like him.

Edit: deleted reference to Pederson being fired as I am unfashionably late to the party.
        :shock:
        Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And reading why he was partly fired - coaching staff selection- He just might be good at it. Lynn had a weak staff - I don't want another weak sauce staff

Just get Brian Daboll in here and lets rock and roll. No need to interview Pederson.
          Agree.... lets get the new era started!

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

And reading why he was partly fired - coaching staff selection- He just might be good at it. Lynn had a weak staff - I don't want another weak sauce staff

Just get Brian Daboll in here and lets rock and roll. No need to interview Pederson.
            I prefer Daboll as well. But if we’re going to go with yours and others preference for a HC having prior experience, then Pederson has to be interviewed at least. Besides his ring, I also love his aggressiveness based on analytics. Questions are staffing choice and if his leadership abilities. We’ll be back to square one if Pederson lacks Lynn’s ability to hold a locker room together.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I prefer Daboll as well. But if we’re going to go with yours and others preference for a HC having prior experience, then Pederson has to be interviewed at least. Besides his ring, I also love his aggressiveness based on analytics. Questions are staffing choice and if his leadership abilities. We’ll be back to square one if Pederson lacks Lynn’s ability to hold a locker room together.
              I do like his aggressiveness coaching - going for it on 4th down, going for two
              The worrisome part is leadership in the locker room and picking his staff. That last part seemed a weakness of Lynn. And we know the coaching/game mgmt was a weakness too

There is no rush - worth a chat

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

I like Pederson's style - I like that he doesn't always punt on fourth down, I like that he's willing to take some chances - trust his players and not be just like all the rest of the coaches. Most of all I like that he's already shown he can lead a ream to the SB.
                I'll be happy if they hire him.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Pederson just got fired by the Eagles.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    JLC on Urban Meyer to Jags and Bolts.....

http://www.cbssports.com/general/vid...3-b37923070d85
                    Why do i get the feeling that we wont hear about it if the Chargers interview him? This seems like something that would come out of no where if we snatch him away from the Jags and everybody will be shocked.....including all of us lol.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-11-2021, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Three considerations:
                      1. The shine is off after this year
                      2. He’s been told he’s the heir apparent to Belichick and won’t take any interviews
                      3. He’s been essentially blacklisted after the Indy debacle.
                      I’m his biggest proponent and even I have to say that if there are options out there like Pederson with actual NFL post season success on their resume
                      It would be downright irresponsible to gamble on a Josh McDaniels
                      I still think JMcD is a smart choice for a team with a smart and mature qb but Doug makes it a no brainer to move on
                      Even Meyer without NFL experience is a better gamble because of his experience in creating a winning culture.

we have to get one of these two with a fall back option of Daboll
                      2024: Far From Over

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

You and I are in violent agreement. What I wrote was intended to convey exactly what you stated here. Apologies if I misunderstood your origin post on this.

TG
                        Whoa now.....volent agreement? LOL, now there's a statement! :Cheers1:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why do i get the feeling that we wont hear about it if the Chargers interview him? This seems like something that would come out of no where if we snatch him away from the Jags and everybody will be shocked.....incuding all of us lol.
                          If the Chargers get Urban Meyer - it will be whatever you want to call a WojBomb from Adam Shefter . An "Adam Bomb" is too easy; A Shefter Shot!!

As you are right - that would be very quiet and than all of the sudden - tweet from Shefter

Comment

Working...
                          X