• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
    The only consistent thing in NFL history is that no coach has won a Super Bowl as the head coach of two different organizations. I think that just goes to show how hard it is to win a Super Bowl as a head coach. Most coaches who have won multiple Super Bowls did so with a lot of the same players.

Joe Gibbs really managed to win some with pretty different rosters. And Belichick turned over the entire roster with the exception of the greatest QB in NFL history. Gibbs was a bust when he came back. Thus far Belichick looks VERY human without Brady (he’s still an incredible coach).
    True but he had Cam who was awful. 7 TD passes all year and three of those came in his last game. Hec i think if he had Fitzpatrick he has a winning record but probably dont win the division. Still whipped our ass 45-0.

BTW...Critty kept saying Belichick sucked as Clevelands HC but he did take them to the playoffs and he won a playoff game against Bill Parcells Patriots.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-11-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Why do i get the feeling that we wont hear about it if the Chargers interview him? This seems like something that would come out of no where if we snatch him away from the Jags and everybody will be shocked.....including all of us lol.
      If he joins the jags that job is a two year reclamation project. The chargers could be competing for the playoffs next year with a few tweaks. Which job would you want to take?
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

If he joins the jags that job is a two year reclamation project. The chargers could be competing for the playoffs next year with a few tweaks. Which job would you want to take?
        As LaCanfora said in the video - are the Spanii willing to give up control of the team. I know John Butler came in and brought Marty so that seemed to be a pretty strong combo.

Dean needs to ask himself this question: How much do I want to win a Super Bowl? If the answer is Yes - he would cede power to Urban, Telesco would be a GM but whatever and Meyer does his thing

If not - well could be same old same.

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

True but he had Cam who was awful. 7 TD passes all year and three of those came in is last game. Hec i think if he had Fitzpatrick he has a winning record ut probably dont win the division. Still whipped our ass 45-0.

BTW...Critty kept saying Belichick sucked as Clevelands HC but he did take them to the playoffs and he won a playoff game against Bill Parcells Patriots.
          New England had 5 starters opt out due to covid at the beginning of the season. They also lost some important players to free agency (not just Brady). They play in a division with Buffalo & Miami. Their division got really good right when New England took a few steps backwards.

7-9 for them was decent...they had very little beyond their secondary. Fault Belichick the GM.....5-10 years back around the end of the first round and some years having top pics taken away for cheating.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Depends on where he prefers to live as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

New England had 5 starters opt out due to covid at the beginning of the season. They also lost some important players to free agency (not just Brady). They play in a division with Buffalo & Miami. Their division got really good right when New England took a few steps backwards.

7-9 for them was decent...they had very little beyond their secondary. Fault Belichick the GM.....5-10 years back around the end of the first round and some years having top pics taken away for cheating.
              Yes , i forgot about that. One was Hightower which was a big loss for the defense.

Comment

• jox g
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

TT and Dean S:

As you know, the BOLTS do better w/ a former HC at the helm. ONE proven one (with proven OC and DC is available!)

HC: Doug Pederson
                42-73 .531 Win pct. (Genius Andy Reid disciple). Prob would know how to beat him too. 4-2 in playoffs. Recent SB Champion. Have we ever had one of those yet?
                Would rank him 7th all time out of 16 Chargers coaches. Lynn would drop down to 8th rank (if DP was hired.) However, unlike all other Botls Coaches, DP has a RING!

He had NO OC in 2020 (Morninghweg was a senior offensive consultant only)

From his staff:
                OC: Marty Mornhingweg - Offensive Coordinator for 7 yrs under Andy (the genius Reid)
                During his career as an offensive coordinator, Mornhinweg's offenses have finished 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 9th, 10th, and 12th in total offense, and regularly highly ranked in big plays.

DC: Jim Schwartz Philadelphia Eagles - 14 yrs experience
                On January 19, 2016, Schwartz was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles to be their defensive coordinator under coach Doug Pederson.[28] Inheriting one of the league's worst defenses, Schwartz made an immediate impact. Implementing his 4-3 defense, Schwartz turned around the defense that previously ranked 30th in yards allowed and 28th in points allowed to 13th and 12th in his first season and fourth in both categories during his second.[29] He would eventually lead the defense to his and the Eagles' first Super Bowl championship in Super Bowl LII.[30] On January 7, 2021, Schwartz announced that he was going to step away from coaching.[31]

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

PFT: Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie doesn’t think Doug Pederson will be out of work for long.

Lurie said today that despite firing Pederson, he believes Pederson is a good coach and will recommend him to any of the six other owners who currently have head coaching vacancies.

“I actually think it’s better for both the organization and for Doug and I really, really expect him to be a successful head coach in this league and it wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if he is on another NFL team later this week. I’m certainly there for any owner that wants to talk about Doug because I will be a major fan,” Lurie said.

Lurie may have a financial incentive to hope Pederson goes elsewhere, as it would offset any money Lurie still owes him on his contract. But Pederson and Lurie also won a Super Bowl together, so Lurie probably means it when he says he thinks highly of Pederson as a coach. Pederson’s time in Philadelphia ran its course, but that doesn’t mean he can’t succeed elsewhere.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • New Jersey
                    • Send PM

Pederson had a really lousy season with the Eagles and completely screwed up things with Wentz. Why would the Chargers want him? I get the Philadelphia paper and the writers there didn't think much of him.
                    Last edited by cmplxgal; 01-11-2021, 03:31 PM. Reason: Edited to correct spelling of Pederson

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2020
                      • Send PM

Why would you take a job for $1 million when you probably get $5-6 million a year as a head coach. Hell I'd even take a year off and refresh the batteries.
                      Again, I noted assuming he doesn't have a HC opportunity. Furthermore, he might view being an OC for a spell as an opportunity to regroup before becoming a HC again. I said it was a "long shot."

Comment

• Eurobolt
                        *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Send PM

Would you take Naggy if Bears gona release him?

I think I would.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                          Peterson had a really lousy season with the Eagles and completely screwed up things with Wentz. Why would the Chargers want him? I get the Philadelphia paper and the writers there didn't think much of him.
                          Philly fans Boo'd Santa Claus, writers just as bad. Its Philly. Whats does Philly like? Cant imagine they like Wentz either.

Comment

Working...
                          X