• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

If he is hired, I'll pull for the guy obviously, but I don't think with out a doubt he's a sure fire home run. In college he has all the power. The players have the power in the NFL.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Arthur Smith reported the frontrunner for the Atlanta job...Saleh probably a Jet, but also headed down to Jacksonville, but I don't get the feel the Chargers are in that hunt...

The pool is narrowing...this is getting pretty exciting...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I thought Pederson was the Jets frontrunner? Does anyone really know? Lol

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
          I thought Pederson was the Jets frontrunner? Does anyone really know? Lol
          It was assumed because Pederson is buddies with a bigwig in the front office? I don't know if its the GM, but I think his name is Douglas, and I think he was with the Eagles before the Jets, and they have a relationship...but since the original flurry, there doesn't seem to be any word on Pederson, or if he is even gonna try and coach this year...that I have seen anyway.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Question....the Texans finally requested to interview Bienemy...but have to wait until the Chiefs season is over, due to anti-tampering rules...so how the hell did Daboll and Staley interview? Did they allow it wild card round, even if their teams were playing, but now closed the window? Just asking...I must not be up on the rules or something...

Comment

• Charge!
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              Question....the Texans finally requested to interview Bienemy...but have to wait until the Chiefs season is over, due to anti-tampering rules...so how the hell did Daboll and Staley interview? Did they allow it wild card round, even if their teams were playing, but now closed the window? Just asking...I must not be up on the rules or something...
              that is a good question..... I remember Whiz interviewing with other teams the week of a WC game(which we lost)..... should have been spending 100% of his time preparing for gsme but he actually went for on-site long interviews...... I think it was allowed by Chargers........ so i assume its allowed at least if team is stupid enough to allow it......?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

that is a good question..... I remember Whiz interviewing with other teams the week of a WC game(which we lost)..... should have been spending 100% of his time preparing for gsme but he actually went for on-site long interviews...... I think it was allowed by Chargers........ so i assume its allowed at least if team is stupid enough to allow it......?
                I had thought the NFL changed the rules so teams have to allow assistants to interview as long as the job is a promotion. Could be wrong ...
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

They are allowed to do the interview, but only in the off week for a team with a bye. We couldn't interview any team who was going to play on the 1st Sunday until they get eliminated.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

They are allowed to do the interview, but only in the off week for a team with a bye. We couldn't interview any team who was going to play on the 1st Sunday until they get eliminated.
                    We interviewed Daboll the day after the Bills won. So did the Jets. Staley has interviewed as well

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Okay, here it is, straight from the horse's mouth:

nfl rules.JPG

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, here it is, straight from the horse's mouth:

nfl rules.JPG
                        https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/sta...824961/photo/1
                        I can now see how Daboll was interviewed...but why not Bienemy...I know they didn't win a wildcard game, but that's cuz they have a bye...the only explanation I can think of is the Chiefs said no, you have to wait, and nfl network didn't report it accurately...because the way I read the rules, the Texans should be able to interview ANYBODY between the 11th and 17th, provided they have permission.

By the way, thanks for the scoop Kitty...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

With the news this morning from Schefter about Urban Meyer -I think its a two person race based on media reports, bloggers, etc: Daboll and Staley. I kind of have to root for the Ravens and Rams this week end!! I think its 90% Daboll and 10% Staley

Albert Breer thinks its down to these two

Chad Forbes - for whatever he is worth thinks when the Bills lose, the Chargers and Daboll will come together pretty quickly.

Comment

Working...
                          X