• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Arthur Smith reported the frontrunner for the Atlanta job...Saleh probably a Jet, but also headed down to Jacksonville, but I don't get the feel the Chargers are in that hunt...

The pool is narrowing...this is getting pretty exciting...
    The Bills OC is going to beat the Ravens this week right? I would hate to see the bills get beat down by the Ravens and then Daboll becomes our coach. But this seems like how it goes with us. We hired Lynn after the entire staff he was on was fired and he was passed over to be the coach in the organization he was the temp HC, right after that TT and Spanos and the Jr.'s swooped in an hired him, claiming we just hired our guy to build our winning culture.
    I hope this isn't a here we go again moment. Could we request an interview with Nick Saban?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

The Bills OC is going to beat the Ravens this week right? I would hate to see the bills get beat down by the Ravens and then Daboll becomes our coach. But this seems like how it goes with us. We hired Lynn after the entire staff he was on was fired and he was passed over to be the coach in the organization he was the temp HC, right after that TT and Spanos and the Jr.'s swooped in an hired him, claiming we just hired our guy to build our winning culture.
      I hope this isn't a here we go again moment. Could we request an interview with Nick Saban?
      How about LAR throttle Aaron Rodgers this weekend,
      and we have to wait longer for our
      ​​​​​genius level defensive minded future HC young Brandon Staley ?
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Arthur Smith reported the frontrunner for the Atlanta job...Saleh probably a Jet, but also headed down to Jacksonville, but I don't get the feel the Chargers are in that hunt...

The pool is narrowing...this is getting pretty exciting...
        At the beginning of this - there were three Hard No's for me: Smith, Staley and Brady. Smith and Brady because we have gone the very inexperienced OC route never been a HC and that hasn't worked. I was against STaley because just one year as a DC -.. Saleh had a bit more experience like Eberflus

So it does seem that Smith and Brady are not options at this point. Staley is still not my favorite choice

But it looks like dominoes are falling here soon - which would be nice

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2020
          • Send PM

Holy shit, if we wind up with Staley, I'll be excited as all hell.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
            Holy shit, if we wind up with Staley, I'll be excited as all hell.
            if they wanted to hire him - he would be hired

If they wanted Smith or Brady or Eberflus or Saleh - probably would have second interviews or would have hired them

I think its down to Daboll and Staley at this point

Comment

• JOJAX85
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Irmo, SC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

if they wanted to hire him - he would be hired

If they wanted Smith or Brady or Eberflus or Saleh - probably would have second interviews or would have hired them

I think its down to Daboll and Staley at this point
              Or Lincoln Riley has been on vacation & just hasn't seen his dump truck of cash in his driveway yet.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

I can now see how Daboll was interviewed...but why not Bienemy...I know they didn't win a wildcard game, but that's cuz they have a bye...the only explanation I can think of is the Chiefs said no, you have to wait, and nfl network didn't report it accurately...because the way I read the rules, the Texans should be able to interview ANYBODY between the 11th and 17th, provided they have permission.

By the way, thanks for the scoop Kitty...
                We did interview Bieniemy.

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                  With the news this morning from Schefter about Urban Meyer -I think its a two person race based on media reports, bloggers, etc: Daboll and Staley. I kind of have to root for the Ravens and Rams this week end!! I think its 90% Daboll and 10% Staley

Albert Breer thinks its down to these two

Chad Forbes - for whatever he is worth thinks when the Bills lose, the Chargers and Daboll will come together pretty quickly.
                  It was always the Jags position to lose with regards to Meyer.

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2020
                    • Send PM

With the Meyer issue ostensibly settled, I think it then turns to a Daboll vs. Staley decision for the Chargers.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ok rather than post who we WANT to be the coach, let's start talking realistically about who we THINK will end up the head coach: (PS I want Meyer)

Chargers - Jason Garrett. Why? He is very smart, he is nice, he has experience and he has won. He is safe. Won't be 4-12 and over his head. His personality matches both Telesco and Herbert. He will not be super expensive. He won't rock the boat, try to make major changes, or demand anything. Media already coming out in support as opposed to laughing (like all of us and Dallas fans are). He is the most Marty like of the available candidates.

Eagles - Eric Bienemy. Why? Continuity. Another Andy Reid disciple. Has the right personality for Philly fans. Maybe he can fix Wentz.

Jet - Saleh. Why? Toughness and Jets just failed with an offensive guy. So time to flip it to a defensive guy. Will be popular in their market, too.

Houston - Daboll. Why? Patriots pedigree but enough away from them to make Watson feel like they are still not trying to copy the Patriots all the time.

Atlanta - Smith. Why? He just screams Atlanta Falcons to me. And he is offense and they just failed with a defensive guy.

Jax - Meyer. Why? Money, control, location.

Lions - Staley or Brady, most likely Brady. Why? Young enthusiastic high potential coaches to fire up the fan base. Leaning toward Brady because maybe he can finally make something more than a stat machine out of Stafford.

Pick away at me. But remember it is who will be hired, not who you want.

TG
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post
                        With the Meyer issue ostensibly settled, I think it then turns to a Daboll vs. Staley decision for the Chargers.
                        Saleh looks like the dark horse candidate right now:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Saleh looks like the dark horse candidate right now:
                          Saleh for a second is good

Staley is interesting as his staff would include Anthony Weaver and somebody from the Colts to coach DBs. Interesting names

Right now
                          Daboll
                          Saleh
                          Staley

Comment

Working...
                          X