• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
    Interesting.....Chargers Meyer, no Jax. ..... Chargers Saleh. No Jets.
    opcorn:​​​​
    Meyer was only going to the Jags. And it felt like the Jets were the ones who really wanted Saleh:

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think the Chargers are getting Daboll.. .not sure if you like that or not Heat?
      Not at first, but I am coming around to it. I really wanted Meyer, but realized that was very unlikely and Daboll to me is the best choice on the list after Meyer. I just feel like it is going to be Garrett. Whoever it is will have my full support. I always hated Marty but I love the guy now.

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• jox g
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Wow - I hope that is fake news. He is only slightly more appealing than Jason Garrett.
        Ya, I was merely looking up/studying each candidate's background...then I see this! Ridiculous!

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Wikipedia is fine for non-volatile information, but is crap for current events, because anyone can change anything. Just as bad as any other social media... needs back up to confirm.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Not at first, but I am coming around to it. I really wanted Meyer, but realized that was very unlikely and Daboll to me is the best choice on the list after Meyer. I just feel like it is going to be Garrett. Whoever it is will have my full support. I always hated Marty but I love the guy now.

TG
            I prefer Daboll to Garrett . But if not Daboll - Garrett actually would be fine

Hell, I wanted Harbaugh and I talked up Brian Kelly but the second was clearly never an option. I didn't appreciate Marty as much as I should have - he is just one helluva coach. Garrett wasn't bad with the Cowboys. I am not sure working for Jerry Jones helps a coach. But hopefully it is Daboll - I think he win be sold.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Smith to Falcons.

Lions, Eagles, Texans, Chargers
              If Spanos keep kicking tires.......does another name go to Texans, then another to Eagles, and then another to Lions....

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                Smith to Falcons.

Lions, Eagles, Texans, Chargers
                If Spanos keep kicking tires.......does another name go to Texans, then another to Eagles, and then another to Lions....

I don’t think they are kicking tires. If their target is still in the playoffs then their hands are tied. That is why tomorrow’s games would be huge.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Not official yet on Arthur Smith, just has an offer from Falcons.

As far as the Chargers go, all I want is to be not surprised by the HC pick. But the Chargers are real good at keeping their intentions vague. Dabol seems to be in the lead, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did go with Staley. I think Pederson really isn't a serious consideration, but they don't have to disclose if he was interviewed.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

This has been my theory for about a week now. He had only two interviews. I mean, the Lions are interviewing Bowles today and Daboll was not on their radar. I just think as said earlier in this or the Daboll thread, the rest of the league saw Daboll to the Chargers as a match when this all started.

Daboll will have a good staff in place - meaning he has made calls or sent texts. I am intrigued if he brings Mayo - I think that would be a slam dunk.

Keep Pep (or hopefully Daboll if he is the coach gets a chance to interview him), bring in Mayo or Eric Washington- and hire a very good ST coach.

I truly would still be okay with Wade Phillips but it might be time to give a younger guy Daboll might know better a chance. He coached with Washington in Buffalo; and I think was in NE with Mayo
                    Same thing happened with the Jags and Meyer. Only rumors were them and maybe us. I would be very surprised as well if it’s not Daboll.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

Ya, I was merely looking up/studying each candidate's background...then I see this! Ridiculous!
                      You do realize that anyone can edit Wikipedia right?

Comment

• jox g
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                        You do realize that anyone can edit Wikipedia right?
                        Did not realize that...but thanks!

Comment

• AKFlyFisher
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2020
                          • Send PM

A few of my random thoughts. First, the Falcons apparently offered the position to Smith. I think Smith might be waiting to see if the Chargers are interested before he accepts. From a cap management and long term view of franchises, the Falcons job does not look very appealing. So I bet Smith wants to think about it a bit and weigh his options. The Chargers' front runners are apparently in the playoffs. Therefore, I suspect it is Daboll and Staley that are the finalists for the position. Given the desire to create a strong relationship between the HC and Herbert, I suspect Daboll is in the lead. I believe Garrett is plan B/C if Daboll and/or Staley fall through. Garrett's attitude and manner and style scream Norv Turner. I have no doubt that Garrett provides that warm and comfy security blanket for the Spanos clan. I truly believe if we end up with Garrett, it will not be because he was the first choice. If he was the first choice -- given he is not in the playoffs -- then the team would have hired him already.

Comment

Working...
                          X