• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamamike
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    I’d be shocked if we weren’t Daboll’s number 1 choice.
    Are verbal agreements legal and can they be made public?
    or would that be a bad look?
    That would be considered tampering by the NFL. That would cost us likely a huge fine and draft pick so why bother doing that?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Adam Schefter with an overnight mini "Adam-bomb" (take off of a Woj Bomb) - it looks like the choice will be... Brian Daboll

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "Sources: Bills’ OC Brian Daboll has emerged as a favorite to land the Los Angeles Chargers' head coaching job: https://t.co/egmjHNrWvU" / Twitter

Sources -- Buffalo Bills OC Brian Daboll emerges as a favorite to land Los Angeles Chargers' head-coaching job (espn.com)

I think this is good the story has been leaked. Daboll can coach the games - start getting his staff together.

Comment

• Lyth
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2018
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Or they have their sights set on someone else.
        I hope they haven't zeroed in on anyone after just an online interview. They should have a short list now, but it doesn't seem like enough discussion to make a decision on.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

I hope they haven't zeroed in on anyone after just an online interview. They should have a short list now, but it doesn't seem like enough discussion to make a decision on.
          Per Schefter its Daboll

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

They had strong ties in high school...lol. Maybe there is something there, but we are talking High School, folks. For all we know, they couldn't stand each other...someone else on here posted that Daboll might have put Telesco on a coat hook, lol...

Hopefully both these men are a lot different than the boys they were in High School...

No matter...I like Daboll and what I have read on him...been around the horn a few times, dicked it up plenty, then found success....you learn what works by screwing up. As good a choice as any. Couple of years ago, I didn't think Allen was gonna be anything but a Blake Bortles...inaccurate cannon who can scramble...but he has been tuned in nicely, and no doubt Daboll had a big part in that.
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              They had strong ties in high school...lol. Maybe there is something there, but we are talking High School, folks. For all we know, they couldn't stand each other...someone else on here posted that Daboll might have put Telesco on a coat hook, lol...

Hopefully both these men are a lot different than the boys they were in High School...

No matter...I like Daboll and what I have read on him...been around the horn a few times, dicked it up plenty, then found success....you learn what works by screwing up. As good a choice as any. Couple of years ago, I didn't think Allen was gonna be anything but a Blake Bortles...inaccurate cannon who can scramble...but he has been tuned in nicely, and no doubt Daboll had a big part in that.
              The thing with the high school is its just a connection for Telesco. You are right - maybe they didn't get a long with each other or maybe since they were two years apart, how well did they know each other. That said, there is commonality: neighborhood, same teachers in school , burger joints to hang out at . Not that you need a connection with the coach you hire but this is a make or break year for Telesco (e.g Oline and Special Teams Tom!) and maybe this helps

I just like Dabolls experience

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Here’s a tweet in case anyone missed what Bolt4knob posted.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

there's lots of people I didn't hang out with in high school that we've got to know each other as adults. And being prominent people in the football community I'm sure they have had many discussions of football along the way. my opinion is just waiting for Buffalo to be eliminated from the playoffs to announce the hiring.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

there's lots of people I didn't hang out with in high school that we've got to know each other as adults. And being prominent people in the football community I'm sure they have had many discussions of football along the way. my opinion is just waiting for Buffalo to be eliminated from the playoffs to announce the hiring.
                    I HATE the Ravens and really want the Bills to win, but that adds another week before we can hire him - conflicted!

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

So we’re going to hire the guy to develop one of the few players on our team who’s pretty well developed. Broke rookienpassinf records, etc. can he develop the whole team? Can he assemble an A+ staff? Seems like a done deal from the outset. Hope this isn’t TT having blinders on about his high school connect. How many productive years has Daboll had? Didn’t hear his name mentioned once before this year as a candidate. Shiny new toy

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        So we’re going to hire the guy to develop one of the few players on our team who’s pretty well developed. Broke rookienpassinf records, etc. can he develop the whole team? Can he assemble an A+ staff? Seems like a done deal from the outset. Hope this isn’t TT having blinders on about his high school connect. How many productive years has Daboll had? Didn’t hear his name mentioned once before this year as a candidate. Shiny new toy
                        Staff will be a big deal. I would like for him to keep Pep

But DC and ST coach - those are my ones to look out for

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                          So Herbert is a finished product, eh? LOL...that's exactly the kinda backwards thinking that could put a promising career in limbo...Herbert is at his floor right now, and it's amazing to see...imagine what he could do as he gets better...

Not saying the other guys like Staley or Eberflus wouldn't bring an offensive plan and staff that would be great for Herbert...but what makes you think they can do any better assembling a staff or developing a whole team better than Daboll? Daboll could just as easily bring a good defensive staff with him, as those guys could bring an offensive staff. FWIW, I like all three...who is your guy?

Or do you want Pederson, because he was a successful HC? Merit there, but where is he? Why haven't we heard dick about him? For all we know, he wants to sit back and regroup for a year after the firing...smart play...and Meyer is gone.

Get the feeling there are people on here who aren't going to be happy no matter who we hire...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X