• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Daboll appears to have gotten better as a coach over time, working with different responsibilities. He's a legit candidate.
    Currently Daboll, Bienemy, Staley are in play. When they're available for a serious interview, I want to hear about their vision for LAC. Staff, players, FA, draft. The guy I want has been doing his homework on LAC since it became apparent that Lynn would be released.
    Romeo Crennel on Brian Dabol.

The Kansas City Chiefs cut Romeo Crennel and new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll loose on the media today. Daboll's hire hasn't been the most ...

“I know that a lot of people say that he’s another guy from the New England tree, but it’s been a while since he’s been in New England and I just happen to be from that New England tree also so sometimes knowing people and knowing what they’re about is important and in this case it was important to me plus I know he’s a good person, he’s a very hard worker, he’s smart, and he’ll do a good job for the Chiefs,” Crennel said. “That’s why I hired Brian as we went through the process.”
    Romeo hired Brian Dabol in KC, stands to reason Dabol would hire a coach that helped him in his career, in return.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Bills-Ravens is going be interesting. Like Mahomes, Both QBs have a tendency to get hotter in the second half. I still expect the Bills to pull away in the 3rd Quarter, as the Bills 4WRs are better than anybody's nickle or dime package you care to throw at them. Bills' WRs have sight-adjusted routes in zone coverage, which Daboll's offense, reads and eats for lunch.
      Both coaches make great adjustments in 2nd half......
      Ravens play mostly man and blitz like crazy causing lots of pressure and hurried throws.....

Bills defense is ok vs pass but not good vs run, which is ravens strength...... if the ravens are forced to throw to win they are in trouble since that is Jackson's weakness........

Bills offense should still be able to hit some big plays against single coverages and blitzes.....so game should be very interesting.....

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

According to ex-GM Pat Kirwin on sirius NFL radio, he says Daboll will be Chargers HC and Daboll already has his staff chosen...... as if it was already done deal just waiting for Bills season to be over.....

If Bills light up the tough Raven defense, that delays Chargers hiring Daboll but further confirms he has built a dominating offense..... If Bills struggle scoring tonight, does that reduce enthusiasm for daboll?..... this game should be interesting since its old school running vs new school pure passing game.....maybe passing offense wins because no defense today can really stop a great passing offense..... interesting to see what rams do against GB......

I think with today's rules, our Coryell HOF offense would be unstoppable today..... and Winslows knee probably could have been repaired so he could extend that HOF career......

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
          According to ex-GM Pat Kirwin on sirius NFL radio, he says Daboll will be Chargers HC and Daboll already has his staff chosen...... as if it was already done deal just waiting for Bills season to be over.....

If Bills light up the tough Raven defense, that delays Chargers hiring Daboll but further confirms he has built a dominating offense..... If Bills struggle scoring tonight, does that reduce enthusiasm for daboll?..... this game should be interesting since its old school running vs new school pure passing game.....maybe passing offense wins because no defense today can really stop a great passing offense..... interesting to see what rams do against GB......

I think with today's rules, our Coryell HOF offense would be unstoppable today..... and Winslows knee probably could have been repaired so he could extend that HOF career......

I certainly hope so.
          I was going for the Bills but between this post and jojax’s, I think I’m leaning towards Buffalo

Now I just have to come clean to my diehard Raven fan cousin
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

With today's rules, the Chargers would have went to Super Bowl instead of the Raiders in 1980. The Chargers changed the rule, The Holy Roller.

Raiders fans bitchin' about the Tuck Rule, ain't crying about that.

Also, the Chargers changed NFL overtime rules. The year that Philip Rivers beat Peyton Manning with a FG in OT was the reason the first team can't kick a FG and win: Our Chargers.

Also, our Chargers are the reason the refs aren't allowed to share email correspondence with fans, because I got a email apology back from Ed Hochuli after the Bronco game against the Chargers.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Could be why Daboll only had two interviews - it was basically a "done deal" before its a done deal. Maybe his staff will start leaking out here - even if the Bills win tonight. Popper or Manzano might start writing possible names.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jox g View Post

2009: CLEVE; Try coaching Mr. 3 Td's 10 INT QBR 42+ Mr. Derek Anderson. Eric Mangin HC .413 win pct
                2010: CLEVE how bout ROOKIE Colt McCoy 6 TD's 9 INTS with Jake Delhoume 2 TD 7 INT Mangini again.
                2011: MIA Forever Mr. Backup Matt Moore 16 TD 9 INT (could only manage 12 games) Tony Sparano HC .438 win pct
                2012 KC Chiefs Matt Cassel 6 TD 12 INT (9 games) Brady Quin 2 TD 8 INT Romeo Crennel HC .337 win pct

Are any of the above QB's better than JH? A good marriage must have BOTH parties working well together. HC and QB.
                How does Daboll do with good QB like Josh Allen and weapons?

Both Bobby Ross had Defense experience and Offensive experience before being HC. Daboll worked 2 years in Defense under Yoda Belicheck too. Hopes up!
                By your own standards of both parties working well together, a good coach should have raised them up too? So if the qb is to blame for him being bad doesn’t he deserve half of it? He was a part of the fiascos, I don’t see where he took a bad qb and took them to 8-8 or 9-7 and a wild card berth.

that would be impressive, any offensive coordinator can take bad qbs to bad records or a good qb to good records.

In other words he’s responsible for what he did or didn’t do.

Comment

• rikardo
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Daboll hired

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Sorry, but who is uStadium?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Sorry, but who is uStadium?
                      Not Shefter is who it is lol.
                      I mean it could have merit but I'll wait for the official word from Shefter or Rapaport.

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Could be why Daboll only had two interviews - it was basically a "done deal" before its a done deal. Maybe his staff will start leaking out here - even if the Bills win tonight. Popper or Manzano might start writing possible names.
                        agree.... it makes sense that insiders know more than what is released publically..... and so many "experts" said that Daboll was best fit with Chargers and herbert......

Hopefully he turns out to be a great one that we can keep for a decade or more.....

Comment

• Xenos
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

If it’s a done deal, then I’m fine with the Bills continuing to win. Hopefully make more posters on here less upset about the hire when it happens.

Comment

Working...
                          X