Clear All
  • SuperCharged
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2019
    • Utah
    • Midnight Toker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I did my best to fix this for you. (Staley is not filet mignon.) :facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facep alm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1:: facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepa lm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::f acepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepal m1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::fa cepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1::facepalm1:
    Wow.... I take it you don't like Staley.... Still better than Lynn. If Staley is 3 day old chicken nuggets. Then Lynn is a dumpster behind golden corral that hasn't been picked up for a week in the Arizona heat.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

Wow.... I take it you don't like Staley.... Still better than Lynn. If Staley is 3 day old chicken nuggets. Then Lynn is a dumpster behind golden corral that hasn't been picked up for a week in the Arizona heat.
      Yeah, I was probably a "wee bit" too harsh with that comment. (Ya think?)

I do think Staley is an upgrade versus Lynn.

I just had my heart set on Daboll and still believe he would have been the best choice by a wide margin.

I am very glad that the team got rid of Lynn, but it does not matter if we do not get the play calling situation right. Getting it right is ruled out with the keeping of Steichen unless he undergoes a startling and favorable metamorphosis.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

I just had my heart set on Daboll and still believe he would have been the best choice by a wide margin.

I am very glad that the team got rid of Lynn, but it does not matter if we do not get the play calling situation right. Getting it right is ruled out with the keeping of Steichen unless he undergoes a startling and favorable metamorphosis.
        Which isn’t out of the question if he’s working under a genius.
        I’m not a fan either, but Staley gets benefit of the doubt on all initial decisions, including keeping an OC who has looked lost at times working under the mayhem Lynn was in charge of.
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Daboll was so impressive that two teams. Only two were interested. He has been around and had bottom offenses until recently. He does not have a track record of being great where ever he goes. And we don't know how.much of Allen development was helped by Ken Dorsey who helped Cam become an MVP. There were question marks about Daboll. But he would likely be a good coach. The Xs and Os is overblown. For both Daboll and Staley. It's still takes player execution and winning their matchups and making plays.

Also the dumping on Lynn is silly.
          The coach has a winning record in the NFL on his resume.
          He has a playoff win on resume. He took over a difficult situation and did some really good work in 2017 and 2018.
          I thought he should get one more year, especially because the defense had so many stars injured. But it turned out, they moved on.

The picked a great HC in Staley who has been successful where ever he goes. The teams he works with seem to always improve. I don't care if some of it's at lower levels. That is a great pattern to have when hiring someone. To see success and improvement happened every place they worked.

I said before he was hired. This is the guy to bet on.

Hopefully they can get championship level roster put together and the stars can stay healthy.
          Who has it better than us?

Comment

• SuperCharged
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Utah
            • Midnight Toker
            • Send PM

I know I know. I really wanted Daboll as well. If he truly does stay in Buffalo then his even better coach than I thought. Maybe Staley will suck and he's 1 and we get Daboll next yet. :smile:

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Daboll was so impressive that two teams. Only two were interested. He has been around and had bottom offenses until recently. He does not have a track record of being great where ever he goes. And we don't know how.much of Allen development was helped by Ken Dorsey who helped Cam become an MVP. There were question marks about Daboll. But he would likely be a good coach. The Xs and Os is overblown. For both Daboll and Staley. It's still takes player execution and winning their matchups and making plays.

Also the dumping on Lynn is silly.
              The coach has a winning record in the NFL on his resume.
              He has a playoff win on resume. He took over a difficult situation and did some really good work in 2017 and 2018.

I thought he should get one more year, especially because the defense had so many stars injured. But it turned out, they moved on.

The picked a great HC in Staley who has been successful where ever he goes. The teams he works with seem to always improve. I don't care if some of it's at lower levels. That is a great pattern to have when hiring someone. To see success and improvement happened every place they worked.

I said before he was hired. This is the guy to bet on.

Hopefully they can get championship level roster put together and the stars can stay healthy.

:sigh::umno:

I love it when 2 games above .500 gets you the "has a winning record" title. :coffee:

2017 and especially 18 was Mostly Rivers. He was the OC and that was a good team.

In direct counter to your Lynn accolades 19 one score games lost. That is a stat that screams bad coach no matter how much you try and play it down. A good head coach would have won at least 6-7 of those games.

The last revealing thing is the most glaring of all....

1 just one requested interview from Seattle for a OC position. ZERO HC requests. Sorry the NFL floor is littered with the corpses of failed head coaches.....

Comment

• FoutsFan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Birmingham AL
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

I love it when 2 games above .500 gets you the "has a winning record" title. :coffee:

2017 and especially 18 was Mostly Rivers. He was the OC and that was a good team.

In direct counter to your Lynn accolades 19 one score games lost. That is a stat that screams bad coach no matter how much you try and play it down. A good head coach would have won at least 6-7 of those games.

1 just one requested interview from Seattle for a OC position. ZERO HC requests. Sorry the NFL floor is littered with the corpses of failed head coaches.....
                In my book that was Lynn's biggest failings. He actively let teams hang around and he kept the opponents in the game by riding the brakes on offense once we had a lead. He worked hard to lose these games, did not work with his teams to teach the necessary discipline to win close games. Lynn was his own worst enemy. Hopefully he learns from his mistakes and can come back and be a better coach for it.

Comment

• Critty
                  Dominate the Day.
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

It is not littered with coaches with only 4 years of HC experience and overall winning record.

The pile is filled with sub .500 coaches.

You do realize there are 31 other teams paying people to beat you. Winning in the NFL is not easy.

I mean Belicheat without Brady has a losing record as a NFL HC. He only stood at top of HC mountain by standing on Brady shoulders. He has fallen back to pack without him.

Your 19 one score losses lacks context.it doesn't show how often he was behind or by how much, who those losses were to and if he ever had the lead in those 19 games and how often his team was the favorite going into the game. It a simple stat to make him look bad.

For example here is a simple stat that makes him look much better in regard to winning games.
                  2017, 2018, 2019 Lynn had the lead 25 times to start a 4th quarter. He went 22-3 in those games.
                  2020 he had the lead 9 times to start 4th quarter. He went 5-4 in those games.

Anyway, when they didn't keep Lynn,
                  I'm glad they went with Staley. In his first NFL DC job took the team from 17th in points allowed to 1st.

Daboll took Bill's OC job and in his 1st season they went from 22nd to 30th. They got worse in year 1. You can't take that off his resume. And he has had bottom of barrell OC ranks until recently. That isn't a gold star of approval when looking at his accomplishments when given opportunity.

I think I'll go with they guy who went 17th to 1st and not the guy who went 22nd to 30th. I mean if they were running a race as NFL Coordinators, Daboll had 3 seasons to run and Staley caught him in 1 year.

​​​​​I'm sure Daboll is a fine coach. But we clearly see things differently.
                  Who has it better than us?

Comment

• JPPT1974
                    May Day 2024!
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Need to ahve a coach that will be there for years maybe decades to come. And in the knowing that it is not how you start the game. But finished it. And really need to build the team around young Herbert there. And in the defense that over in the having a coordinator liek Duce Staley!

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Brandon Staley has the opportunity of a lifetime to build a dynasty with a franchise qb in place. Don’t blow it Staley

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        Brandon Staley has the opportunity of a lifetime to build a dynasty with a franchise qb in place. Don’t blow it Staley
                        Telesco too

Telesco has one more year to prove his worth. Offensive Line, SPecial Teams, be judicious and smart in free agency and the draft

Staley needs to build a staff that will allow coaches to move on because if Herbert is the "real deal" - OCs will get looks at Head Coaches.

The Chargers need that Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, legacy type coach for 8-10 years.

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Telesco too

Telesco has one more year to prove his worth. Offensive Line, SPecial Teams, be judicious and smart in free agency and the draft

Staley needs to build a staff that will allow coaches to move on because if Herbert is the "real deal" - OCs will get looks at Head Coaches.

The Chargers need that Mike Tomlin, Sean Payton, legacy type coach for 8-10 years.
                          Or just find an OC that will never be a HC again.

Comment

Working...
                          X