Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread and Post Game Discussion (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Like saying, "don't jump off the Titanic...we can still patch up this wreckage..."
    lol

Comment

• heywally
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

The way Herbert already sees the field and quick releases the ball (he needs that to stay healthy here) is crazy. Glad he is no longer casual about running with the football.

Hoping there is enough evidence on Lynn now to can him but the real problem with the franchise lies above. Is Herbert enough to make this a plum HC job for the right guy? It would depend on the terms offered and the Telsco status/weight.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
        To have two back to back potential franchise QBs doesn't happen often. Chargers organization better not fuck this up.
        If they keep Lynn - this will not be good

They have won two weeks in spite of him

Look at the Warriors they got better under Mark Jackson and yes players did mature but they hire Steve Kerr and he took them up a notch

I think the same will happen if the Chargers replace Lynn and decent adjustments are made to OL, Edge, CB

I am also not bringing back Mike Williams at 15.6 - I would say 4/40 or find a better deal
        Guyton, Johnson, Hill and maybe Reed will make $3m next year.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

What a refreshing attitude.
          "It's on me," Gruden told reporters. "It was tough. I'm really proud of our coaches and our players. We did a lot of good things tonight. But you've got to win these tight games. And often times, that's a reflection on the head coach."
          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
          The Wasted Decade is done.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

I love this stuff. We stuck a fork in them.

For all intents and purposes, the Raiders season is over, and the team is 18-28 since Gruden took over in 2018. What makes matters worse is the organization fell apart late last season, too. The Raiders finished the '19 campaign by losing five of their final six contests. They could have another late-season 1-5 stretch by losing to the Dolphins next week.

Some serious soul-searching needs to happen in Sin City. What happens in Vegas shouldn't stay in Vegas if this is how the Raiders continue under Gruden's supervision.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'll admit I missed the Chucky faces with him being masked up. As bad as that overall record is , I don't think Gruden is getting fired yet... but I can see him resigning.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I watched the blocking on the Cam Newton QB sneak for a TD. Their IOL cut blocked our DL and took them to the ground. Easy TD for Newton over the top.

i watched our OL block the raiders DL up high and get stood up twice with no penetration. Nothing is ever easy in Chargerland.

Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                  Fan since 1961
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Oregon
                  • Retired Manager/Pastor
                  • Send PM

I never read so much bitching in a game that we won! Some of you seem more like fans of another team that just dropped by to harass the Charger fans, for instance I could name some people that didn't post anything positive all night! What the hell kind of a fan does that?

Let's look at the good from tonight's game -

We found out that Guyton and Johnson are turning into pretty good WR's
                  The pass blocking held up all night long
                  All the bitching about clock management, did anyone notice our terrible clock manager got it right at the end of the first half and the correct use of time outs led to a TD as time ran out on the half.
                  Aside from the missed FG's our ST play was good

and ...... we have a franchise QB!

They pulled off a win with our #1&#2 WR's missing in action.

Quit hating and give these guys some credit!
                  THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• therber219
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2017
                    • Iowa
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    Badgely misses. More Bad coaching..just like the Guyton drop .
                    The bad coaching part comes from not releasing Badgley 7 weeks ago.... This is in his head and the coach needed to bring in a new kicker. Lynn's unwillingness to make a tough change is what makes him a horrible coach.

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      I never read so much bitching in a game that we won! Some of you seem more like fans of another team that just dropped by to harass the Charger fans, for instance I could name some people that didn't post anything positive all night! What the hell kind of a fan does that?

All the bitching about clock management, did anyone notice our terrible clock manager got it right at the end of the first half and the correct use of time outs led to a TD as time ran out on the half.

I second this. We have a good base of young talent to move forward. Of course there are some holes to fill in, including the coaching staff. As far as our top picki in the draft I am comfortable with any of several players depending on how they see the depth at certain positions. We really need another Edge rusher, OT, CB.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

I second this. We have a good base of young talent to move forward. Of course there are some holes to fill in, including the coaching staff. As far as our top picki in the draft I am comfortable with any of several players depending on how they see the depth at certain positions. We really need another Edge rusher, OT, CB.
                        I think most fans see the current talent and understand areas of need

its the coaching I think that is drawing the most ire of the fans. Quit playing NOT TO LOSE and try winning the damn game

The idea that you "need balance" quoting Lynn is a fallacy. Each game develops its own identity - win the game. If one week you pass 50 times to win, so be it. The next week you might ground and pound 40 times. Of course, you want balance but if its not working, go to what is working.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                          The Precious
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Good morning! All true and I love this Johnson kid and of course Herbert. And, we just put all kinds of doubt in the Raiders organization and they get to face Herbert for years to come. Screw them for what they did to their loyal fans in the East Bay I hope they crash and burn hard. Roo I’m sure you remember when their a-hole fans would come on the UT board and talk major shit.

It would really suck this morning if we had lost that game last night and it was a classic Raiders vs Chargers game.

Anybody else notice Turner #70 mixing it up with their defense after the play several times last night? Fuck the Raiders.

Comment

Working...
                          X