Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread and Post Game Discussion (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I agree big time. The defensive line aside from the notable players isn't very good. The D-line is best when you have a good 8-man rotation. Something where this team isn't good. So many people overlook this or they don't know.

We also need a better CB group. The secondary is really bad. Chris Harris Jr. and Casey Hayward are living on reputation.

People blame Gus a lot for not blitzing. I saw the team blitz tonight. Mariota converted when they did and beat the secondary. The team not blitzing is not the problem. The problem is the defense isn't really that good outside of its star players. The talent is very overrated.

Herbert is bailing the team out, and I hate how this team wastes their good QBs.
    Blitzing an elusive QB like Mariota can be tricky...if yer gonna do it, you MUST keep a spy on him in case he scrambles...

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

Welcome to Badgely fan club! His kicks are rushed and other players on special teams are giving him the yips. The first kick he missed was a quick bad placement that threw off his timing. The second one was actually close but we all know money bags had to put his whole leg into it. If we find the equivalent of a solid superstar kicker by next I'm all for upgrading the kicker but we really need to address other concerns first.
      Bags keeps hooking it to the left...maybe he should aim right...

Comment

• jox g
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Coaches:

Great win , great heart! I still think Justin Jackson (inactive?) over Joshua Kelly
        Please help the D coordinator learn how to slow down offenses w/ a running QB.
        At least practice against teams w/ good backup QB (like a mobile Mariota.)

Comment

• Boltgang74
          We Are The Storm!
          • Aug 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Canal Zone Bolt Fan View Post
          Soft on both sides of the ball. Telesco is going to get the Kid killed by not knowing how to draft and develop OL talent. He hasn’t done that for the 8 years he’s been here. D line is the same way. Spanos should fire everyone
          Post Of The Decade!!!!!!

Comment

• Attack
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2017
            • Send PM

How concerning are these concussions or near concussions with Bosa? Has he had them in the past? Maybe he should be shut down this season. Is he getting his bell rung really badly? Or has he had many concussions that it doesn't take much for him to relapse?

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

that was a strange TO call eh? and then the other one where he waited to call a TO when it was 3rd and goal in OT. I was thinking call the TO now, why wait for another 15 seconds to run off?! Then Troy Aikman was saying the same.
              Yep, don't see too many coaches icing their own kicker.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post
                How concerning are these concussions or near concussions with Bosa? Has he had them in the past? Maybe he should be shut down this season. Is he getting his bell rung really badly? Or has he had many concussions that it doesn't take much for him to relapse?
                At this point I'd rather shut him down for the rest of the season. Make Gus actually work for his money!
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

They did ok against the run tonite. We really need more pass rushers. The starters seem to get injured more now and we are getting 1.8 sacks per game. That is putrid. They need more DL and OL . Shouldn''t have to be pting this out to Telesco after 8 years.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

If he actually has another concussion that would be an issue. I’m not sure he does. Just tired of how banged up he gets. You don’t see Aaron Donald or Khalil Mack miss games or plays. Bosa is paid at the op of the scale. When he’s healthy he deserves it. He’s just not healthy enough

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

thought our line play was decent and that they held their own more oft than not, and against two lines that had had their way w/us in the past.... are our coaches scheming for the Storm Norton and other deficiencies ??

is our D better without Adderley ?? Jahleel brings energy.... Jaylen did some ballin' ....how would/is our D gonna be without Hayward and/or Harris ??

liked watching Mariota, albeit he did fade @the finish, and that's his problem/downfall.... he can't do what he did for a 16 game season.... he runs like the wind, but can't avoid season ending injury.

just one game and against a depleted/down Raiders secondary, and.... def not making a case for paying MW his $15m.... Guyton and Tyron makin' money tonight.... (you don't pay a third round talent top ten monies)

like the tape job on Tyron Johnson's shoes.... honestly wouldn't be surprised if they were difference makers

god awful play by #44 early in the game....

love me some Keenan Allen, and.... always a proponent of spreading the ball around.... give the Herb man an Oline and he will get the ball to his pass catchers.

and note to Critts 'n a coupla few others here.... backup receivers, Dline scrubs.... we got it done.... good coaching.... it can happen.
                      Last edited by beachcomber; 12-17-2020, 11:32 PM.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

If I recall, he said the one a few weeks ago was his first. I agree with him shutting it down.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I agree big time. The defensive line aside from the notable players isn't very good. The D-line is best when you have a good 8-man rotation. Something where this team isn't good. So many people overlook this or they don't know.

We also need a better CB group. The secondary is really bad. Chris Harris Jr. and Casey Hayward are living on reputation.

People blame Gus a lot for not blitzing. I saw the team blitz tonight. Mariota converted when they did and beat the secondary. The team not blitzing is not the problem. The problem is the defense isn't really that good outside of its star players. The talent is very overrated.

Herbert is bailing the team out, and I hate how this team wastes their good QBs.
                          well.... when team Anthony Ray Telescope trade up for an LB and leave CB and DE on the board.... that's what you get.... trade down.... stockpile picks pls.... (no overdrafting.... for need).
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X