Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread and Post Game Discussion (Wk 15)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

Yeah. Don't fire Lynn, because a new system will screw up Herbert, lol.
    Like saying, "don't jump off the Titanic...we can still patch up this wreckage..."

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post

Need defensive line upgrades. Justin Jones and others are useless. Linvale does his job. Need another edge rusher and a solid interior D tackle.
      I agree big time. The defensive line aside from the notable players isn't very good. The D-line is best when you have a good 8-man rotation. Something where this team isn't good. So many people overlook this or they don't know.

We also need a better CB group. The secondary is really bad. Chris Harris Jr. and Casey Hayward are living on reputation.

People blame Gus a lot for not blitzing. I saw the team blitz tonight. Mariota converted when they did and beat the secondary. The team not blitzing is not the problem. The problem is the defense isn't really that good outside of its star players. The talent is very overrated.

Herbert is bailing the team out, and I hate how this team wastes their good QBs.

Comment

• kgbpasha
        #болтап
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Let Vadgley go and he will become a Pro-Bowl kicker somewhere else with real coaching.
        Don't act like you haven't seen that play out before.

Lynn isn't going anywhere. #reversejinx

Comment

• Lyth
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2018
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

I agree big time. The defensive line aside from the notable players isn't very good. The D-line is best when you have a good 8-man rotation. Something where this team isn't good. So many people overlook this or they don't know.

We also need a better CB group. The secondary is really bad. Chris Harris Jr. and Casey Hayward are living on reputation.

People blame Gus a lot for not blitzing. I saw the team blitz tonight. Mariota converted when they did and beat the secondary. The team not blitzing is not the problem. The problem is the defense isn't really that good outside of its star players. The talent is very overrated.

Herbert is bailing the team out, and I hate how this team wastes their good QBs.
          Soft in the middle and no one sets an edge except Bosa. Tillery is a horrible end. Hope that Tranquil and James can cover up some of the issues next year.

Comment

• Canal Zone Bolt Fan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Indianapolis, IN
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lyth View Post

Soft in the middle and no one sets an edge except Bosa. Tillery is a horrible end. Hope that Tranquil and James can cover up some of the issues next year.
            Soft on both sides of the ball. Telesco is going to get the Kid killed by not knowing how to draft and develop OL talent. He hasn’t done that for the 8 years he’s been here. D line is the same way. Spanos should fire everyone

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Originally posted by kgbpasha View Post
              Let Vadgley go and he will become a Pro-Bowl kicker somewhere else with real coaching.
              Don't act like you haven't seen that play out before.

Lynn isn't going anywhere. #reversejinx
              Welcome to Badgely fan club! His kicks are rushed and other players on special teams are giving him the yips. The first kick he missed was a quick bad placement that threw off his timing. The second one was actually close but we all know money bags had to put his whole leg into it. If we find the equivalent of a solid superstar kicker by next I'm all for upgrading the kicker but we really need to address other concerns first.
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lyth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Canal Zone Bolt Fan View Post
                Soft on both sides of the ball. Telesco is going to get the Kid killed by not knowing how to draft and develop OL talent. He hasn’t done that for the 8 years he’s been here. D line is the same way. Spanos should fire everyone
                I wasn't going to comment on the OLine. That would be like picking on the fat kid. On the play before the TD they couldn't even hold their own. They got pushed back on the left side of the ball. Pathetic.

Comment

• jubei
                  Vagabond Ninja
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Jo, I was SMH at that TO to ice Bankrupt Bags...dumb, dumb, dumb...
                  that was a strange TO call eh? and then the other one where he waited to call a TO when it was 3rd and goal in OT. I was thinking call the TO now, why wait for another 15 seconds to run off?! Then Troy Aikman was saying the same.

Comment

• Attack
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2017
                    • Send PM

Herbert is a superstar. He's been blazing hot in his rookie yr. In this game, he really carried the team more than any other, with Johnson and Guyton, two UDFAs being his main WR targets, along with Henry at TE. Herbert can win with those two WRs and a healthy Keenan, and maybe Reed and Hill develop more to round out the WR corps. I wouldn't pay MW $15M for next season. Use that money on free agent OL, DL/pass rush, or CB. Draft for those positions too and a K. And am not a Lynn believer. I would like to keep Pep though. This team can be turned around in a few yrs with the right coach and 4 or 5 starters at those weak positions. Lots to look forward to! Bolt Up, bitches!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                      We Are The Storm!
                      • Aug 2018
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      shopping list:

1. headcoach
                      2. protection
                      3. kicker
                      4. DE

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Hey! We get the weekend off! And we fucked the Raiders!

Thank you Justin.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Diegodansd View Post
                          Go Bolts! Take the 2nd Half!!
                          Welcome to the Blues.

Comment

Working...