• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Why is he still on the roster unless they are taking the week end off?

Like you said, bring in some guys - hell bring in two and have them alternate during games.

Who can kick off the farthest
    who can make FGs in real games
    put them in real game situations....
    Let's not forget that Ty Long was a dual punter and kicker in the CFL, with an 88% figgie rate. Also, he can kick long figgies, with a "long" of 52 yds. Bags's Achilles Heel is figgies over 40 yds.

long.JPG

Born: April 6, 1993 – Roswell, Georgia 2019:  Years as a Lion: 3rd   Years in CFL: 3rd   Status: International Career Games: 36   Playoffs: 1   Grey Cup: 0   Acquired: Ty was signed by the Lions as a free agent in February 2017.   Highlights: 2018: Ty put together one of the best kicking seasons in […]

Comment

• PR#1
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

I think all the Money badger stuff has gone to his head and he's not putting in the work anymore

Comment

• RyanLeaf4President
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2019
        • Send PM

Chargers really need an accurate kicker like Lambo or Koo. Too bad we don’t have anything like that. Guess we’ll just have to keep looking.

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

He was good prior to this year, I just think he can be fixed. I wouldn't be in a hurry to let him go. Coach him up by making him practice, practice, practice!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
            He was good prior to this year, I just think he can be fixed. I wouldn't be in a hurry to let him go. Coach him up by making him practice, practice, practice!
            Not so sure about that, Roo...Bags has gone from 93% his first year to 81% last year to 68% this year. This is a steep deterioration. And he can't be counted on hardly at all to kick anything over 40 yds...if it was just one year, I'd cut him some slack, but over a 3-year period is more than enough time to say it's time to move on...

Comment

• Lyth
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2018
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Not so sure about that, Roo...Bags has gone from 93% his first year to 81% last year to 68% this year. This is a steep deterioration. And he can't be counted on hardly at all to kick anything over 40 yds...if it was just one year, I'd cut him some slack, but over a 3-year period is more than enough time to say it's time to move on...
              I guess it depends on what caused the decline. Injury? Lack of practice? Mental?

If it's injury it's probably time to move on.

If it's not being serious about being an NFL player then he better be first in, last out of the building next year. If not, move on.

If it's mental just cut the cord now. A kicker without confidence will not get better missing kicks. Take away sharp objects and move on.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So two years of over 80% isn't good enough? I don't think those years were bad, in fact if he can get back to 93% he'd be one of the best in the league.
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

69% and he hasn’t been cut. That says everything you need to know about Anthony Lynn. He wouldn’t be playing on a college team at 69%.

at 69%, Rocky Long would go for it on 4th down every time, and he’d go for 2 on all EPs
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

I heard on NFL radio this morning that one of the all time great retired NFL kickers said that he knows what is wrong with Badgley...... he said the placement of the ball is in the wrong spot to kick consistently..... seems like the Chargers actually need to hire an actual professional to coach ST's and our kickers.......

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

My gut feeling is that Bags will right the ship next year.......He was money the first 2 years.......he has a good leg and nice ball when he's on.

That being said, he is an ass for crowning himself "Money Badger".......bad Karma waiting to happen.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AZBolt View Post
                        My gut feeling is that Bags will right the ship next year.......He was money the first 2 years.......he has a good leg and nice ball when he's on.

That being said, he is an ass for crowning himself "Money Badger".......bad Karma waiting to happen.
                        Yep...some people, at the time, referred to the Titanic as "unsinkable"...oops...

Comment

• Steve
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • South Carolina
                          • Meteorologist
                          • Send PM

We have had 3 blocked punts and numerous missed FG. How about a new LS?

You can see it in the replay that Badger missed his 1st FG because of the bad snap.

Comment

Working...
                          X