• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-man
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Would you guys be upset if...

On draft day...the commissioner announces...with the 17th pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select...Melvin Gordon, RB from the Wisconsin...

(This of course assumes the Lightning Bolts had beefed up the online in free agency.)
  • TABF
    Por debajo del promedio
    • Jun 2013
    • SoCal
    • Send PM

Originally posted by X-man View Post
    On draft day...the commissioner announces...with the 17th pick of the 2015 NFL Draft, the San Diego Chargers select...Melvin Gordon, RB from the Wisconsin...

(This of course assumes the Lightning Bolts had beefed up the online in free agency.)
    If we have significantly upgraded our OL, he is a quality RB and possibly worthy of a 1st round pick (needs work on his ball security though [RM24 v2?]).... However, I truly believe a quality RB can be found in any round or a grocery store as long as you have the OL in front to do their jobs.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

I love Gordon. So yes id be ok with it. Lots of inside/outside zone in that program. But they also run alot of power-o. Hes a good fit. Hes a good fit for both schemes imo. Making him more versatile than Gurley on paper. But we didnt get to see him much in the passing game.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Mike McCoy: "Playmakers and pass-rushers needed"
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

I would rather send a 6th to Az for Kerwin Williams
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

RB at that spot would absolutely not be what I would be looking for. If the line was addressed in free agency (though this assumes resigning Dunlap and replacing both guards which may be a lot to do in one offseason), I'd rather have a stud nose tackle, ILB, or pass rushing OLB.

Comment

• TTK
              EX-Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • America's Finest City
              • Send PM

No RBs in the 1st round please.

Comment

• Boltergeist
                Pesky apparition
                • Jun 2013
                • Baja Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
                If we have significantly upgraded our OL, he is a quality RB and possibly worthy of a 1st round pick (needs work on his ball security though [RM24 v2?]).... However, I truly believe a quality RB can be found in any round or a grocery store as long as you have the OL in front to do their jobs.
                I'm not saying I would take Gordon there, but I am also backing off on my conviction that RBs are a dime a dozen. Look at the difference in our team when we have RM in the game. The line looks much better. Look at what Lacy has done for GB, what Bell does for Pitt, or what Lynch does for Seattle. Depending on who was on the board and when, I might take a flyer.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If Ryan isn't 're-signed then RB isn't out of the question. need to think more than just extending Rivers' window, we'd need a franchise rb/wr tandem of the future while Rivers is on the team and for whoever the qb is in the (near) future.

Comment

• Panamamike
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
                    I'm not saying I would take Gordon there, but I am also backing off on my conviction that RBs are a dime a dozen. Look at the difference in our team when we have RM in the game. The line looks much better. Look at what Lacy has done for GB, what Bell does for Pitt, or what Lynch does for Seattle. Depending on who was on the board and when, I might take a flyer.
                    I don't believe any of the backs you listed went in the first round....maybe lynch late first. Between the draft and FA, we need to rebuild the lines. Games are won in the trenches, and we got pushed around way too much.

The OC for USC is very athletic. Not sure how he grades out, but he has played all over the OL, gets excellent leverage, and can pull and get to the second level. I would like him in the middle rounds if he is there.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by X-man View Post

I think i might be. We need another RB but not a first round RB. I dont think Gordon is going to be much without a decent OL. He had a record season but i still dont think he is as good as LT.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                        I would rather send a 6th to Az for Kerwin Williams
                        LOL....we could of kept him for free

Comment

Working...
                        X