• Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I had no idea about Hali's contract so your probably right. If they cut him they will probably need another OLB. I was never sold on Ford though.

I loved Houston coming out and i wanted us to pick him in the first round .He was a steal and i was yelling for AJ to pick him. Pot or something i think was an issue. I cant recall.
    Yea even i wanted him in the 3rd round. He was basically the only 34 prospect left at the time i felt. Hali would be a decent JJ replacement.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      They finally get an elite pass rusher in Houston...who is only 25 with an aging Hali. No way they let him go. I see Ford taking over for a cut Hali who will save them 9 million in cap money once released. They are also Way under the cap going into 2016 so a lot of that guaranteed money can go to Houston then. I think they sign him long term. But like i said at the very least he gets a tag. LOL theres no way they let a 25 year old stud like this get away. Hes being talked about in the same discussion as Watt for MVP. Houston is just now getting into his prime. I couldnt have been more wrong about Houston coming out. I think BJ had this one right.
      The Raiders already let him get away....LOL...but then again, they are the Raiders.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
        The Raiders already let him get away....LOL...but then again, they are the Raiders.
        Wrong Houston? lol

Comment

• X-man
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

More people seem divided because of the additional picks given up and not so much because of the player that MGIII is or that they felt a solid RB could've been acquired later on without giving anything else additional up. In the end, most NFL experts seem to favor the idea that Gordon & Gurley were way ahead of their RB class...hence the rare 1st round selections. If Gordon is as good as advertised though, the Lighting Bolts could have a perennial pro bowler for the next decade if he has a healthy career.

Bucky Brooks on Gurley vs Gordon: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...or-todd-gurley

Sporting news on Gurley vs Gordon: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...backs-injuries

Breakdown of Gordon's special vision, patience, and break-away abilities:

Last edited by X-man; 05-01-2015, 04:55 AM.

Comment

• WindsorUK
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Windsor, U.K.
            • Send PM

Of the league's top 12 or 15 rushers last season, only 1 or 2 were first round picks.

RB's are really bad value in the first round.........when's Telesco's contract up?

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              Of the league's top 12 or 15 rushers last season, only 1 or 2 were first round picks.

RB's are really bad value in the first round.........when's Telesco's contract up?
              Depends on the RB and depends on the quality of the first round. But all accounts the top of this draft is very weak. The middle has a lot of depth. I am not a fan of losing a fourth three years in a row, however if we come out of day two with a pass rusher and a RG that can get Porkchop off the field, I will be pleased. had I been the GM, I might have stayed at 17, taken Dupree and looked at RB in the second. It appears that TT had a wide difference in RB ratings vs other postions and felt he could get players on day 2 to fill those needs. TT obviously loves Gordon's explosive abilities and what it can bring to the Offense. Hard to argue that. IF he stays healthy and plays to the level of Jamaal Charles will you still hate the pick?

Also....with the new rookie salary structure, it is not as much of a bad value as the previous system.

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I think TT (and McCoy) are going to be here for a while so I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for a change.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                  I think TT (and McCoy) are going to be here for a while so I wouldn't be holding your breath waiting for a change.
                  Now when you say " here" Rich, do you mean San Diego or Carson?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Now when you say " here" Rich, do you mean San Diego or Carson?
                    Hahaha - how about here in SoCal!

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
                      Depends on the RB and depends on the quality of the first round. But all accounts the top of this draft is very weak. The middle has a lot of depth. I am not a fan of losing a fourth three years in a row, however if we come out of day two with a pass rusher and a RG that can get Porkchop off the field, I will be pleased. had I been the GM, I might have stayed at 17, taken Dupree and looked at RB in the second. It appears that TT had a wide difference in RB ratings vs other postions and felt he could get players on day 2 to fill those needs. TT obviously loves Gordon's explosive abilities and what it can bring to the Offense. Hard to argue that. IF he stays healthy and plays to the level of Jamaal Charles will you still hate the pick?

Also....with the new rookie salary structure, it is not as much of a bad value as the previous system.
                      Man, I hope you're right Panama. It's been soooooooo long since this team had a number 1 pick come in and actually have an impact( or number 2 for that matter!)

A guy like Brown could have made better players of Teo and Butler. An OL pick could have improved both our rushing and passing game, which would have allowed a 2nd or 3rd round back to come in and be as productive as a Gurley or Gordon.

Plus the fact Gordon really doesn't have any experience in the passing game tells me he'll be a 2 down back, which makes his price tag even steeper.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        Hahaha - how about here in SoCal!
                        TT justs needs to do better.

I'll give him until the end of the weekend.........

Comment

• Panamamike
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Man, I hope you're right Panama. It's been soooooooo long since this team had a number 1 pick come in and actually have an impact( or number 2 for that matter!)

A guy like Brown could have made better players of Teo and Butler. An OL pick could have improved both our rushing and passing game, which would have allowed a 2nd or 3rd round back to come in and be as productive as a Gurley or Gordon.

Plus the fact Gordon really doesn't have any experience in the passing game tells me he'll be a 2 down back, which makes his price tag even steeper.
                          I like Brown, but he needs work on his technique a lot. He also doesn't take on double teams well. He has great physical tools and can penetrate, but by no means is he a sure fire impact player, especially as a rookie.

I also believe the team is much higher on Carreathers than people on this board think of him.
                          Last edited by Panamamike; 05-01-2015, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X