• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
    I'm not saying I would take Gordon there, but I am also backing off on my conviction that RBs are a dime a dozen. Look at the difference in our team when we have RM in the game. The line looks much better. Look at what Lacy has done for GB, what Bell does for Pitt, or what Lynch does for Seattle. Depending on who was on the board and when, I might take a flyer.
    Or you can look at what CJ Anderson does in Denver. He was undrafted and is playing way better than Ball and Hillman. Or you can look at Ellington in AZ who was a 6th rounder. Or you can look at undrafted Ahmad Bradshaw has done in NY and Indy while Richardson has sucked at Indy and Cleveland.

I dont want to pick a RB high but after Gordon i like TJ Yeldon. Not sure if he is declaring though.
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-29-2014, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Hard Charger
      Chargers fan since 1977!
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
      I'm not saying I would take Gordon there, but I am also backing off on my conviction that RBs are a dime a dozen. Look at the difference in our team when we have RM in the game. The line looks much better. Look at what Lacy has done for GB, what Bell does for Pitt, or what Lynch does for Seattle. Depending on who was on the board and when, I might take a flyer.
      Speaking of Rivers..... I know he has some gas in the tank, but that is something we need to be thinking of in my opinion. In a couple of years we will be hurting if Rivers goes to pot and we have no one to replace him. He has carried this team pretty well and without him we're not going to go very far. Where/when do we address that issue. And I hope this doesn't get taken out of context, I just think we need to be on the look out, or we'll be able to address it with the first pick in a near future draft. Maybe there is a project in the later rounds this, or next year. Hell, I don't know. I do know that I am sick and tired of not being able to win a game when we absolutely have to. This is just my uneducated (in the football sense), opinion.

HC

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I don't think we need to worry about that for a few years at the very least.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
          Speaking of Rivers..... I know he has some gas in the tank, but that is something we need to be thinking of in my opinion. In a couple of years we will be hurting if Rivers goes to pot and we have no one to replace him. He has carried this team pretty well and without him we're not going to go very far. Where/when do we address that issue. And I hope this doesn't get taken out of context, I just think we need to be on the look out, or we'll be able to address it with the first pick in a near future draft. Maybe there is a project in the later rounds this, or next year. Hell, I don't know. I do know that I am sick and tired of not being able to win a game when we absolutely have to. This is just my uneducated (in the football sense), opinion.

HC
          I hope they don't waste any picks on any developmental QBs. Those picks almost never pan out.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Shitehurst/Cromp/Soarin'son are all still playing... if you count the CFL.

I agree though about not wasting a pick. Ms.Cleo's Psychic Lemons network was only an URFA and I always got a good feeley about his potential.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

A RB in the 1st is a little high for me. I expect a high turnover ratio with the roster this offseason and the focus will have to be on the trenches or the rest won't matter.
              sigpic

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Don't like the idea of a RB in the 1st either. A lower pick spent on it maybe, but OL has to be a priority.

Comment

• FiftyFive
                  Dean Spanos is a traitor!
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Yes, I would be. A running back is a waste of a first round pick. Couple that with the glaring need for talent in the trenches and I'd be wondering if Dean snuck AJ back into the front office without telling anybody.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                    Charger Fan till the end
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Carolina
                    • Send PM

OL or DL PLEASE!!

We have poor quality beef....time to change the beef!

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Prime cut grade A beef! No more pork please!!!!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• madcaplaughs
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

He's a special talent. I think he's going to show people that the only reason that Wisconsin didn't throw to him, is that there was no QB to do it correctly.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Without any real starting rb (assuming Mathews leaves), we'd be gambling that a rookie OL (with some vet signings) will improve the line...but that may not necessarily improve the run game. that strategy worked last year, but that was with a first round level talent at rb.

I think it may take at least 2 years before we have a line good enough that you can have success regardless of who the rb is.

Comment

Working...
                          X