• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PORTERPARTY1
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I feel Lynn's fate was decided, or at least SHOULD be decided, based on several games this season where he has made absolutely horrible decisions...not to mention the poor game planning...
    Maybe so, but how good could he be with a full roster for all games. I'm sure someone has calculated the number of games first stringers have missed. Probably around 6 a game. He really only had one bad game, vs Pats.
    Maybe a new trainer ?

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post

Maybe so, but how good could he be with a full roster for all games. I'm sure someone has calculated the number of games first stringers have missed. Probably around 6 a game. He really only had one bad game, vs Pats.
      Maybe a new trainer ?
      Do you seriously think that had we not had all or most of those injured players, that somehow a MAGIC FULL ROSTER BUTTON could be pushed, resulting in Lynn suddenly making brilliant game-day decisions? Uh, don't think so...

Comment

• sonorajim
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Maybe a new trainer ?
        Huh?
        Clock management, playcalling, widespread player errors in every game don't speak well of Lynn.

Comment

• Charge!
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2019
          • Send PM

Maybe a new trainer ?
          Clearly the answer after 4 years of the same conservatism, bad player usage, bad clock management, bad game-day decisions, and same coach and player blunders we have had from many players all 4 years.......... same mistakes from many players means it's a COACHING issue!!!!

Lynn intentionally milks the clock and wastes the clock to artificially make sure all of our games stay one score close games that EITHER team can win or lose with ONE break or bad play or great play. the 12-4 season was riddled with the same blunders but Chargers got very lucky with many breaks going Chargers way.....

Chargers this year have about the same number of injuries we get EVERY year...... Coaching as usual is really bad..... great coaches like Reid or bellycheat look at the players they have and take advantage of what each does best!.......bad coaches like Lynn and bradley, decide ahead of time what kind of systems they want to run any desperately try to find players that fit their roles...... or they take a guy like Murray who was a great in the box run stuffer and QB blitzer but weak coverage guy..... and Lynn and Gus make him our primary coverage LBer for most of this season?????......

Look at the 49ers who have great coaching,...... they have lost far more players and far better players to injury, but they still play much better on game day than Chargers do because the great coaching gets their backup players ready to actually make plays!!!????.... novel concept that does not occur to Chargers coaches..... Lynn still is obsessed with making the Chargers a power running team even though we do not have the personnel for that .... personnel-wise Chargers should be a high scoring aggressive passing team........

Lynn needs to be fired yesterday, so Ownership could start the search for our next HC, instead of waiting till a month or two after the SB to start the rebuild process.... after all good options have been hired already, leaving only scrubs like Lynn, McCoy, or Turner....... Lynn has barely beaten 6 of the very worst teams in the NFL, and all of those wins took heroics from Herbert to keep us in the games and barely win them at the end.

Many other teams have rebuilt OL's or defenses in a year or 2 because they have great coaching...and much better GM and ownership....... but the Chargers have spent years failing at both because we have bad cheap coaching, GM, and ownership!!!
          It is that simple!!!.......

The way you keep losing as a franchise is keep bad coaches around after they have shown they are horrible...... Chargers tend to keep anyone around until their guaranteed contracts are over, since Spanos makes the same money whether we win or lose.....

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Maybe a new trainer ?
            Every team is and was missing starters.No more excuses.Win or move on.

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              Why are so many against playing Stick?
              Marty played Brees unnecessarily in that last game( did Marty have a contractual incentive to win?) and we saw what COULD happen( okay, a guy could get hurt anytime in the NFL but it would hurt A LOT more in a meaningless game).
              We need to find out if this kid has any abilities to compete at this level. Otherwise we'll need to fork out MORE money to bring in someone to back up JH for when he goes down( PR is a Unicorn guys! Everyone else in the league is human and gets hurt and misses time)
              Herbert is still learning the game, every game he plays he gains more experience and that is what he needs right now, especially a game where he can learn more about a divisional opponent, in this case a divisional opponent who is the favorite to win the Super Bowl every year. The more experience Herbert gains this season the better prepared he will be next season.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

What about Herbies consecutive games streak? Gotta start building it.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• Caslon
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Apr 2019
                  • Send PM

Who needs Herbert to possibly break the rookie passing yardage with him currently needing to pass for 340 yards this last game? Not me.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

I don’t care about rookie records I just like watching Herbert play and he saved the season for me. I also want to see Guyton and Johnson get more work. We cannot run the football and we want to put Stick in there? :lol:

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                      I don’t care about rookie records I just like watching Herbert play and he saved the season for me. I also want to see Guyton and Johnson get more work. We cannot run the football and we want to put Stick in there? :lol:
                      Pretty much the only good thing about this entire season is watching Herbert.

Comment

• foreigner
                        Tom Telesco is gone
                        • Sep 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                        Indeed... watching Herbert throwing those long passes to Guyton and Johnson made some Sundays games fun to watch.... even tho we lost most of the time I somehow knew it was a learning year from Herbert and that made things softer.... made me remember those long bombs from Fouts to Chandler and the rest of the guys...

Comment

• AK47
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • May 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by tges58 View Post

That would a hell of a feat since they don't play in the first round.
                          Okay good Burn !!!

Really though, the Bye week, Covid-19, Reid's history of early playoff exits even with top seed, Mahommes playing good not great and getting hit a lot, no run game. It would be fitting if Rivers and the Colts were to pull off an upset.

Comment

Working...
                          X