Ironman Philip Rivers - Is Rivers A Lock For The Hall?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

And yet Rivers has been the statistically better QB despite Stafford having some guy named Calvin Johnson to throw the ball to for most his career.

Stafford's advantage is that he is likely to play longer than Rivers, but he is not as good as Rivers.
    Seems like a decade ago that Johnson retired. I wonder what its like to decide you have so much money you can walk away from almost $100M when all you have to do to get it is play football
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Seems like a decade ago that Johnson retired. I wonder what its like to decide you have so much money you can walk away from almost $100M when all you have to do to get it is play football
      Spending a decade in a losing organization will do that to you. Same thing happened to Barry Sanders. They get tired of being the only successful focal point and a failure to make it a successful team effort. Calvin is so traumatized that he can't even watch football on the tele anymore. Net worth is $45 million. Unless you need another Yacht I can't see the point of him trying to do it anymore. I guess he just has feelings of failure that well up in him when watching it.

:thinking:
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Biggestfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Sad to see PR not get a ring. Not sure what would have happened if the Colts beat Buffalo. A few better decisions may have swung their way. That being said, the Chargers organization squandered another chance with another HOF QB in not putting the pieces in place to win a championship. Hopefully they learn with Herbert and figure it out.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Biggestfan View Post
          Sad to see PR not get a ring. Not sure what would have happened if the Colts beat Buffalo. A few better decisions may have swung their way. That being said, the Chargers organization squandered another chance with another HOF QB in not putting the pieces in place to win a championship. Hopefully they learn with Herbert and figure it out.
          2006 was really the year we dominated and should have won it all. Rivers never did beat Brady tho. 2007 we had another chance but LT hurt his knee beating the Colts, Gates hurt his foot beating the Titans and PR tore his acl in that same Colts loss. 2009 Kaeding killed us.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

2006 was really the year we dominated and should have won it all. Rivers never did beat Brady tho. 2007 we had another chance but LT hurt his knee beating the Colts, Gates hurt his foot beating the Titans and PR tore his acl in that same Colts loss. 2009 Kaeding killed us.
            And of course no one likes to mention 2008. Except for that overtime win against the Colts in the playoffs.

Comment

• Biggestfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The Chargers organization could have built upon those successes they had but never did. Oline and defense weren't handled properly. I mean there was also the lack of continuity thing too. Look at Pittsburgh. How long did it take for Cowher to win a superbowl? Its not always instantaneous. The Chargers organization has been mismanaged for a long long time.

Comment

• northerner
                Charger fan since '79
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

have you ever seen the current physical condition of some of the players from the 80's and 90's? some of those guys can barely get out of bed. and that is not even getting into head injuries.

how fun is 100 milion if it is painful to walk down the street.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Not a well thought out comment. Maybe go search for some articles on why he retired and you might think different. Or Google some players who are all fuckered up now.
                  11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                  35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                  37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                  66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                  69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                  100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                  110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                  140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                  181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                  225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

10 minutes with Philip Rivers.

Many videos have been coming out. He had many great moments and trying to find some earlier ones from the blue helmet days but here is this for now.

Comment

• bartman83642
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet but thought I would post it as I don't remember seeing it.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
                        Superbowl?
                        • Sep 2018
                        • Los Angeles/Chicago
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

And of course no one likes to mention 2008. Except for that overtime win against the Colts in the playoffs.
                        06-10 was the window.

08 the only game needed to win in my opinion was at Pitt in the playoffs, I was at that game and we had the ball 30 seconds in the 3rd qtr, punt bounced off weddles head and we lost 35-24.

Had we won that game we as a 8-8 team would have hosted Baltimore and then played the so so Cards in the SB.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bartman83642 View Post
                          Not sure if anyone else has seen this yet but thought I would post it as I don't remember seeing it.

Great article, thanx for posting.

Comment

Working...
                          X