• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Critty
    Dominate the Day.
    • Mar 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I hope he doesn't play him like that, as I don't think that Bosa would be as consistently effective on the inside, or want to play there. I expect more of a standup OLB role than a hand in the dirt DL. But we'll see when they get back together how it all falls together.

And for selfish reason, I really do hope that Staley can unlock Murray's potential, since I picked him up at the end of the season in my dynasty league. :whistlin:
    Bosa will be standing up more in a Staley defense.
    ​​​​​
    ​​​​​And for Murray, Staley intentionally does whatever he can to keep the linebackers clean to make plays. So Murray should shine.

It still starts with talent. Staley needs a shutdown corner to unlock his defensive schemes.
    ​​​​
    Who has it better than us?

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think Trotter made the point that the black coaches in the NFL all had white coordinators. To your point, Tomlin has never had a black coordinator.

Now you got a guy like Arians - he truly doesn't give a damn. Black, white, young, old, females on his staff - its just in his nature I think. REgarding owners and money - they might make so much they don't think about expanding the talent pool

And one thing to keep in mind, if you get draft picks for diversity - teams will use this to their advantage. You get a hot coordinator that goes on to head coach - worth draft picks. I think the rule is stupid but if its out there - and all things equal, the candidate is qualified, it will be taken into account.

My thing with Bieniemy is this - if Pederson and Nagy got jobs not calling plays, what is it about Bieniemy not getting a job? Is it his past? Does he not interview well? And those could be very valid reasons to not hire him. Maybe he does suck interviews. But if Nagy and Pederson got jobs - Eric B probably is viable,

. And all things equal at this point - if I am the Houston Texans and if Deshaun getting Bieniemy
      makes him happy - based on the pool out there -- I would pick him
      I think another issue is that Bienemy has been with the Chiefs and they have had deep runs in the post season the past few seasons at least, so I think that has to be factored into the equation also.

Do coordinators who are on teams that make deep playoff runs at a disadvantage? If so, should the hire of any coach be done after the Super Bowl, so all potential head coaches are available for interviews and have the same pool of coordinators to choose from? Just a thought.

Comment

• SYB
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

​​​​​
        ​​​​​And for Murray, Staley intentionally does whatever he can to keep the linebackers clean to make plays. So Murray should shine.

It still starts with talent. Staley needs a shutdown corner to unlock his defensive schemes.
        ​​​​
        That's the way I see it. While he obviously has the ability to win inside now and again. His 6'5" and 280lb frame isn't really built to spend the majority of his time there. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him drop a few lb's to add a bit of quickness for what I expect to be his new role. As it is, he's just a hair bigger than Merriman was when he was slaughtering QB's for the Bolts.

Comment

• FoutsFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Birmingham AL
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

actually it might have just taken a late hit call on Rivers during the damn game
          Or that blatant leg whip on Rivers injured knee that caused him to throw an interception. Throw the damn flag, its OK when its obvious.

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

​​​​​

​​​​
            I give you Caleb Farley.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• gzubeck
              Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
              • Jan 2019
              • Tucson, AZ
              • Send PM

Getting Derwin James back Healthy will do wonders for this defense too! But, unlike Gus, Staley can train mice to Fart!
              Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Lyth
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2018
                • Send PM

​​​​​

​​​​
                Tranquil too. He's make a pretty good jack. I'm pretty excited to see what those two can do in the middle.

The Rams do run alot of man coverage. We're going to need to get better at it.

Comment

• SYB
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post
                  Getting Derwin James back Healthy will do wonders for this defense too! But, unlike Gus, Staley can train mice to Fart!
                  Tranquil as well. I truly believe he was going to have a breakout year, before he got folded over his own leg.

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Tranquil as well. I truly believe he was going to have a breakout year, before he got folded over his own leg.
                    Yeah I was really sad when that happened.

Comment

• SYB
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

I don't know if it's already been posted some where or not, but all this talk about the mid to late '00 teams reminded me of this video I watched the other day. Lot's of laughs and good stories.

Comment

• UglyTruth
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2018
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Spani caught with their fingers in the cookie jar again...next thing u know, Baby Spanos will be texting Staley, telling him who to start...
                        Oh I would be surprised if that hasn't happened over the years especially with "yes men" like McCoy and Lynn.
                        Tom Telesco’s Results in 9 years as Chargers GM:

- 69-74 record
                        - 0 division titles in 9 yrs as GM
                        - Worst record among all active GMs with same tenure
                        - 6th worst winning percentage among all active GMs overall
                        - 2 playoff wins despite elite QB all 9 yrs
                        - Team still has the same weaknesses (Oline and run defense) that it had when hired as GM in 2013
                        - Consistently puts together horrible depth, expects starters to never miss games

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2020
                          • Send PM

I don't know if it's already been posted some where or not, but all this talk about the mid to late '00 teams reminded me of this video I watched the other day. Lot's of laughs and good stories.

That was a fun team to watch! I can't believe they did not win at least one championship during that time. In my lifetime as a Chargers fan, I find it difficult to find more than one Chargers team more talented overall than that group!

Comment

Working...
                          X