• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
    Norm never won the division or made the playoffs in a season where another AFC West team (other than the Chargers) finished with a winning record.

And much like Marty, I would hate to see his record against the top AFC teams back then other than the Colts (Pats, Pitt, Bal, Jets)
    Not certain why people are saying Marty's teams primarily fed off of the bad teams: its demonstratively not true.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I give you Caleb Farley.
      Chances of drafting or going after a top corner increased with the hiring of Staley.
      You can't count on Casey Hayward anymore....his decline wasn't sudden, but gradual.

Comment

• Chargerville
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Not certain why people are saying Marty's teams primarily fed off of the bad teams: its demonstratively not true.
        One thing I liked about Marty is, he typically would absolutely hammer the bad teams, and if he’d lose to a good team, it was usually by 3 points.

But he definitely would destroy the bad teams lol

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post

One thing I liked about Marty is, he typically would absolutely hammer the bad teams, and if he’d lose to a good team, it was usually by 3 points.

But he definitely would destroy the bad teams lol
          He owned the Raiders. And I will never forget, "Don't let them in the f-ing endzone!"

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I give you Caleb Farley.
            I do not anticipate Farley being available @ #13.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post
              I don't know if it's already been posted some where or not, but all this talk about the mid to late '00 teams reminded me of this video I watched the other day. Lot's of laughs and good stories.

That was pretty cool but it was too short. Liked seeing a Sproles in on it and Jam though he didn't say a word lol.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Bosa will be standing up more in a Staley defense.
                ​​​​​
                ​​​​​And for Murray, Staley intentionally does whatever he can to keep the linebackers clean to make plays. So Murray should shine.

It still starts with talent. Staley needs a shutdown corner to unlock his defensive schemes.
                ​​​​
                So you are planning on Tillery and JJones keeping Murray clean ?

Hell, I do not even have Murray playing there. He's on the EDGE in my world, setting and providing backside pursuit + blitzing--where Kenneth can have some impact.

Bosa's hand will be in the dirt.
                Eagle Front 4i.
                Hybrid DE.

There will be a variety of looks, depending on effectiveness, matchups and opponents offensive attacks.

I am gonna blister TPB's hide in a couple of days, when I get time to bring it all together.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by SYB View Post

I've considered the bolded as well. Zimmer and Arians are guys that were rumored to not come across the best in interviews and both took years of solid work as coordinators before finally getting an HC gig.

I also wondered if he gets a little discounted by having guys like Mahomes, Kelce and Hill at his disposal. I have to imagine it's hard to look bad coaching those guys. Although I'm sure that Gase could live up to the challenge.
                  Maybe its because he’s the “OC” of an offense he didn’t design and doesn’t call the plays for?
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by captaind View Post

He owned the Raiders. And I will never forget, "Don't let them in the f-ing endzone!"
                    There has never been a coach in their history, before or since, that understood “Raider Week” like he did.
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Hell, I do not even have Murray playing there. He's on the EDGE in my world, setting and providing backside pursuit + blitzing--where Kenneth can have some impact.

Eagle Front 4i.
                      Hybrid DE.

There will be a variety of looks, depending on effectiveness, matchups and opponents offensive attacks.

I am gonna blister TPB's hide in a couple of days, when I get time to bring it all together.
                      had me at “backside pursuit”
                      P1. Block Destruction
                      P2. Shocking Effort
                      P3. Ball Disruption
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Eagle Front 4i.
                        Hybrid DE.

Agree and excited about the new defense. Have to get bigger up front. Here's my first take on it.
                        I'm now leaning towards 54ninjas plan to take Alim McNeill in the 3rd round or a run stuffer in the 4th to help Linval clog the middle and keep the LBs clean.
                        Sign Leonard Floyd to put on one side and Joey can stay outside as well when in 5 man front to bring the heat off the edge. Nwosu the 3rd DE
                        Linval over center, McNeill and Jones in the B gaps. The big 3 average 323 lbs and adds another huge body in the middle between the ends. Tillery the 4th DT
                        Murray can now chase more and cover less
                        Coverage won't be elite but this fixes the pass rush and should make the run D better?
                        Hoping John Johnson wants to be a Charger as well.
                        Last edited by Leslie Grossman; 01-19-2021, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• gzubeck
                          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Tucson, AZ
                          • Send PM

Vic Fangio puff piece but still interesting....

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

Working...
                          X