• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

So by that logic Staley is in a no win situation? Blitz and die quickly or dont blitz and get taken apart?! I think Staley probably knows the stats for GB and LAR. His team didnt get to the top ranking by sending extra guys so you typically go with what has brought success. Sure you must disguise and throw in the occasional pressures but i completely see why having the extra defender defending the pass works better for LAR....it depends on the players though too. Donald injured i guarantee fucked up the game plan.

IMO this HC decision may have been made already with the in person interview supplying the necessary information. If Staley stands out as a top mind with a plan for what Staley would do for this team I think he gets the offer by tonight. If there are too many concerns I think TT tries to get more time with Daboll or others in the top cluster and has to wait.

My gut says Staley is a strong communicator and prepares well (in hearing info from the all knowing internet). If he nails the interview I think he gets the nod and hes announced Monday or even today. I just feel like this is in Staleys favor at 70% chance he is the pick.

Comment

• Eurobolt
      *** Jim Harbaugh ***
      • Sep 2018
      • Send PM

TT has been preparing for Rivers departure (Lynn hire and runing ball philosophy nonsense, premium picks spent on defence over past few yearsb Harris JR and Joseph FA) what has he this past few years was about building dominant defence has it worked? No.

I see situation as below

Plan (to build dominant def) has not aged that well, Herbert become better than anyone expected offence lead by Steichen (1st year guy) was ok and in eyes of TT does not need to be fixed.
      I believe DC genius who can bring the best out of investment is better option for managment.

Staley it is?

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

Originally posted by UglyTruth View Post

Rodgers is also the #1 QB against the non blitz.

Every QB in the league plays better when the defense gives them all the time to throw the ball. This isn’t classified information.

Read somewhere that Staley doesn’t blitz much in general and just relies on his 4 man rush to develop pressure on QBs. This works when you have the type of DL that the Rams have but it won’t work in most other places including Chargers.
        Maybe that's why he does it with the Rams,. . he's no dummy if he knows he needs to blitz he will. But if you Blitz Rodgers you most likely give up big plays, hence the 58 yard clincher.

Probably best to rely on your pass rushers if you have them and drop back. It worked well til late in the game.

We don't have the pass rushers asside from one guy. And if you recall we beat Green Bay last season with Gus as DC and that is what he does.

The Rams dropped two INTs yesterday against Rodgers.

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
          So by that logic Staley is in a no win situation? Blitz and die quickly or dont blitz and get taken apart?! I think Staley probably knows the stats for GB and LAR. His team didnt get to the top ranking by sending extra guys so you typically go with what has brought success. Sure you must disguise and throw in the occasional pressures but i completely see why having the extra defender defending the pass works better for LAR....it depends on the players though too. Donald injured i guarantee fucked up the game plan.

IMO this HC decision may have been made already with the in person interview supplying the necessary information. If Staley stands out as a top mind with a plan for what Staley would do for this team I think he gets the offer by tonight. If there are too many concerns I think TT tries to get more time with Daboll or others in the top cluster and has to wait.

My gut says Staley is a strong communicator and prepares well (in hearing info from the all knowing internet). If he nails the interview I think he gets the nod and hes announced Monday or even today. I just feel like this is in Staleys favor at 70% chance he is the pick.
          Conversely, since the Rams are out, can we assume if no announcement by Monday that Daboll is the choice?

:cartman:

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Maybe there is a split among Spanos/Telesco on who they want. Guess which side is partial to running into the guy below at the water cooler?

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Is this a guy Johnny Spanos wants to deal with on a daily basis? Dean?

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

This is who the Spanos like..

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

and this..

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

and this... good old Uncle Norv!

Oakland Raiders Hire Norv Turner As New Head Coach
                    People: Norv Turner
                    Similar images

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

here you go...looks a bit like Johnny Spanos. Even Dean Spanos could walk all over this guy.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

How did this guy sneak past them? Look at those teeth - egads!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                          Maybe there is a split among Spanos/Telesco on who they want. Guess which side is partial to running into the guy below at the water cooler?

Who knows but Staley is already in the building. Just on the other side. Give him a new shirt lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X