• Show
Clear All
  • SDFan
    Woober Goober
    • Jun 2013
    • Dolores, CO
    • Retired
    • Send PM

sounds like the beginning of an actual plan to me...

Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

“At no point in San Diego’s history has the possibility of the Chargers moving to Los Angeles been more real,” he said. “My goal is that when the season ends, we won’t be talking about whether the Chargers are moving. We'll be talking about the proposal to keep them here"

How long from the season end until the out clause can be exersized? Sounds like a 25th hour offer were the other party will not have 12 hours to make a choose...
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• SDFan
        Woober Goober
        • Jun 2013
        • Dolores, CO
        • Retired
        • Send PM

how so? They still won't be any closer to having a new stadium the Chargers could play in built in LA 1 year from now, so it doesn't hurt the team any to take this on a year to year basis and they already said they aren't moving for 2015. I'm guessing the hope is to have a plan that everyone buys into ready to place on ballot November 2016 when the next General Elections are held.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Hope is one thing, greed is annother. IMO the Spani will puonce once the taxes are in order unless San Diego makes them a sweeeeee333,333,333$$$$$$t deal. The NFL is weighting for old man Spanos to die IMO. Would the NFL offer millions for two stadiums in so cal on a short timeline? The NFL wants to contribute to one more stadium in Cali max! And for two teams to play in it!
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Faded blues
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Aug 2013
            • Send PM

Krienko nots building his new toy to share

It was very pleased by the speech

This is not to take a year and see if we can commit to the chargers

This by the end of the year we will have a plan

That's the most we have heard in 10 plus years

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

A take it or leave it plan.

We are doing what St. Louis has done...
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

I agree that the NFL owners do not want to contribute 2 seperate stadium funds. That will never happen.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                  “At no point in San Diego’s history has the possibility of the Chargers moving to Los Angeles been more real,” he said. “My goal is that when the season ends, we won’t be talking about whether the Chargers are moving. We'll be talking about the proposal to keep them here"

How long from the season end until the out clause can be exersized? Sounds like a 25th hour offer were the other party will not have 12 hours to make a choose...
                  The Chargers were very quick to announce they weren't going any where after this season. There still won't be a stadium any where else for them 1 year from now, but there could be a proposal ready to go on the ballot 1 year from now. My bet is they would stick around to see how that plays out. They have nothing to lose by hanging around another year.
                  sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    I agree that the NFL owners do not want to contribute 2 seperate stadium funds. That will never happen.
                    I'm not convinced that's true. The Chargers, Rams, Raiders and Jags are all facing relocation and/or new stadium issues. With that many teams in limbo I don't see how only 1 stadium settles things down. I think it takes at least 2.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Faded blues
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2013
                      • Send PM

By 2020

Jags London

Rams la

Chargers San diego

Raiders hell

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Goodell has been on record several times saying the NFL wants a solution for the Chargers in San Diego since the comments about no more Super Bowls in San Diego unless there is a new stadium. The idea the NFL would not fund more than 1 new stadium in CA is a new one on me- anybody got more than their own opinion/speculation to share on that angle? Remember, any team that is approved for a move must pay relocation fees to the NFL, which I recently saw estimated at more than $200 Million to move to LA, and coincidentally that happens to be the same amount (200 Mil) the NFL normally kicks in as a loan (not gift) to a new stadium for any team. The NFL is richer than ever and I think we've just received the most positive news possible at this time regarding a new Chargers stadium. Let's not the kill the BUZZ!

:dancingbolt:

Comment

• TTK
                          EX-Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • America's Finest City
                          • Send PM

The NFL has never said it will pitch in $200 million for Kroenke's stadium since Kroenke has kind of gone rogue on this without the NFL's blessing so far. Also, if Kroenke does move, I've heard Spanos will try to appeal to the league for some of the relocation fee that Kroenke will have to pay since they're "invading his market".

Comment

Working...
                          X