• Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

New stadium in LA

http://lat.ms/1BA13Ye ) Stan Kroenke has partnered with Stockbridge Capital Group, owners of the 238-acre Hollywood Park site in Inglewood.

Kroenke and Stockbridge say they plan to add an 80,000-seat NFL stadium and 6,000-seat performance venue to a massive development of retail, office, hotel and residential space.

The plan will add to pressure on St. Louis to either strike a deal for a new stadium or watch the team return to Southern California, where it played from 1946 to 1994.

It's the latest of numerous Los Angeles-area NFL stadium proposals over two decades.

___

Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.
  • Maverick
    (Coryellian)
    • Jun 2013
    • Point Loma
    • Send PM

Go LA Rams!

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Rams belong in LA.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Apparently no tax dollars involved in the construction of the place...its going to be a very pricey ticket. Of course, the threat of another team moving in as well will be implied so that the cities of Oakland and San Diego won't sit back and think they will keep the teams.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Apparently no tax dollars involved in the construction of the place...its going to be a very pricey ticket. Of course, the threat of another team moving in as well will be implied so that the cities of Oakland and San Diego won't sit back and think they will keep the teams.
          As noted they supposedly want a NYJ/NYG type AFC-NFC type deal. Which, makes financial sense in that it will be occupied (minimum) 20 weeks of each year for NFL football versus just 10.

Not sure the Spanos' want this type of deal, however as noted above, just the mere talk about another occupant should/could fuel fire into Oakland/San Diego.

Comment

• TABF
            Por debajo del promedio
            • Jun 2013
            • SoCal
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Rams belong in LA.
            Agree... I have a ton of family in LA, those that are avid sports peeps, would love to see the Rams back. None of them would support the Chargers. (1) they hate them, and (2), they have no allegiance to them what so ever like they do the Rams/Raiders.

At the price these tickets are going to sell for, I'm not sure LA could support an 80k seat w/one team, let alone 2. The Dallas Cowboys have the biggest following in all of sports in the U.S. (Maybe Yankees), and they couldn't fill their stadium 10 times a season since the place opened.

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I'd like to hear SDFan's take on this as he's one of the most knowledgeable posters here in regards to the whole process.

This gets interesting because now (presumably) there will be a venue in LA, the NFL has made it known they want two teams there, and the city of LA does not want the Raiders. In this scenario the Spanos family wouldn't have to sell the team either.

Comment

If the Chargers leave for LA as much as it will hurt you can't blame them. This city let Jack Murphy go to shit, they didnt take care of it and the team cannot continue to play there forever.

Arrowhead is a great example, KC took care of that place.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

The 1997 Quallcomm renovation was a joke as well.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Rams plus Chargers (or Raiders) sharing and paying for a stadium in LA without tax dollars? Yeah that's doable. $ 400M from the league and each team? I can see it. I suspect the value of each team would double with only a 1/3 investment each in a new stadium.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

The Rams want no part of Raider Nation at the new stadium. Too much vandalism at other new venues around the NFL when they visit. Not gonna be them.
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

nothing new to see here folks- its all talk and proposals. Roski was the farthest along the EIR and permit process in LA- anyone heard from him the last few years? How about AEG and the mouthpiece that GUARANTEED they would be breaking ground last Summer as it was a done deal with Farmer's Field naming rights sold and all? Once they are actually scheduling the groundbreaking it will be a reality- and my bet is the Chargers have a deal done in San Diego long before that.
                        Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Working...
                        X