Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
    nothing new to see here folks- its all talk and proposals. Roski was the farthest along the EIR and permit process in LA- anyone heard from him the last few years? How about AEG and the mouthpiece that GUARANTEED they would be breaking ground last Summer as it was a done deal with Farmer's Field naming rights sold and all? Once they are actually scheduling the groundbreaking it will be a reality- and my bet is the Chargers have a deal done in San Diego long before that.
    I see the difference being land ownership this time. That's a huge step forward.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• Faded blues
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2013
      • Send PM

People are forgetting that krienko has a land partner to develop the site

The Chargers want to develop the site themselves.

Game day ticket sales are a small peice if the puzzle

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        The Rams want no part of Raider Nation at the new stadium. Too much vandalism at other new venues around the NFL when they visit. Not gonna be them.
        exactly...do you know how many shopping carts of aluminum cans you would need to purchase the PSL alone??
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Back when the Raiders were in LA the land in question was already approved for a NFL stadium. Its re-to-go. No EIR required from what I understand.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            Back when the Raiders were in LA the land in question was already approved for a NFL stadium. Its re-to-go. No EIR required from what I understand.
            It's Kalifornia. You know how Sakramento loves to make new laws, so there's probably one that resets that EIR. Kroenke has enough cash to grease palms, but it still will take time.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
              I see the difference being land ownership this time. That's a huge step forward.
              Roski had the land too + EIRs all done, permits, a cheap stadium construction cost because it used part of a natural bowl- AND he even beat City Of Industry council a couple times when they tried to pass ordinances against things like nuisance on game day, clogging streets with too many car trips over capacity, excess smog and other BS. he was ready to go- but no takers. I think he even dropped or watered down his desire to own at least part of a team initially to start construction. AEG I think purchased or planned to a building or parcel in Downtown LA Live district that would be used for part of their plans + got a middle of the night backroom Waiver from Gov Ahnold that allowed them to skip all the environmental studies, had Farmers backing, but again....

The difference this time is Kroenke already owns the Rams, as well as access to the 1st 60 acres + his new partners share of Hollywood Park. Funny thing is after this topic popped up this morning I went to the store and was listening to local AM radio talking about it and they said Kroenke does NOT want to share his new palace with another team. So if and when they can jump through all the hurdles and possibly start building, it may only benefit the Rams.

Also, the news story said Mayor Faulkner thinks he has a workable plan for a new SD stadium after all the behind the scenes talks and plans to air it publically in the next 2-3 weeks. I wonder how the media is playing this all up in JAX since they were rumored ready to leave as soon as they find a new home. Florida is too small to support 2 AFC teams along with the Bucs and not a great media market for them either so I could see them getting into LA before anyone else with the Chargers getting a new place in SD sooner.
              Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                Roski had the land too + EIRs all done, permits, a cheap stadium construction cost because it used part of a natural bowl- AND he even beat City Of Industry council a couple times when they tried to pass ordinances against things like nuisance on game day, clogging streets with too many car trips over capacity, excess smog and other BS. he was ready to go- but no takers. I think he even dropped or watered down his desire to own at least part of a team initially to start construction. AEG I think purchased or planned to a building or parcel in Downtown LA Live district that would be used for part of their plans + got a middle of the night backroom Waiver from Gov Ahnold that allowed them to skip all the environmental studies, had Farmers backing, but again....

The difference this time is Kroenke already owns the Rams, as well as access to the 1st 60 acres + his new partners share of Hollywood Park. Funny thing is after this topic popped up this morning I went to the store and was listening to local AM radio talking about it and they said Kroenke does NOT want to share his new palace with another team. So if and when they can jump through all the hurdles and possibly start building, it may only benefit the Rams.

Also, the news story said Mayor Faulkner thinks he has a workable plan for a new SD stadium after all the behind the scenes talks and plans to air it publically in the next 2-3 weeks. I wonder how the media is playing this all up in JAX since they were rumored ready to leave as soon as they find a new home. Florida is too small to support 2 AFC teams along with the Bucs and not a great media market for them either so I could see them getting into LA before anyone else with the Chargers getting a new place in SD sooner.
                I did not communicate my point as well as I intended.
                I mean to say that this time a team owner has control over the land.
                Roski was never an NFL insider or ownership candidate.
                His location was also not among the spots favored by the Cartel we lovingly refer to as the NFL.

I agree with the gist of your post.
                Last edited by Mister Hoarse; 01-05-2015, 03:42 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

As for Jacksonville, I fully expect them to move, but not to Los Angeles.
                  IMO Kahn was allowed to purchase a franchise with an eye toward filling Goodell's wish of having a team in London. That's where my money says they will end up.
                  sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Dear Kevin,
                      How do you manage to write these wonderfully balanced stadium pieces with John Lynch Sr's cock inside your mouth? I'll take your answer over at window P.
                      Tim Sullivan, formerly of San Diego
                      sigpic

Comment

• SDFan
                        Woober Goober
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Dolores, CO
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

so we keep hearing about this dreaded "2/3rds requirement" as if this is the Silver Bullet that will kill any vote for a Chargers stadium asking for a "public contribution"- but it is not that cut and dried. For those that can't sleep at night or just like the abuse see the following link about the 1982 State Ballot Initiative 218 that created a 2/3rds voter approval for SPECIAL TAXES. I briefly looked over the text and history and some case law contained therein, and there are ways around this. I'm sure some a$$holes will try to sue and claim any public contribution amounts to a "special tax" but that doesn't mean they will win. A cleverly crafted plan, especially if its a county wide initiative is still possible. Let's see Fibiani and any other lawyers the Spani hire earn their pay on this one...

oh yeah, and Acee can suck a$$ on stupid "what ifs" all he wants, but NOTHING has changed for the Chargers for at least 2015 and Deano never indicated he has any "eye on LA". What a Ma-roon!

Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Does anybody really think if the Rams move to LA, that the NFL will force them to move back?
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X