• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

If the Chargers moved, what kind of deal would they have to cut to Kronke to share his stadium? I just can't see Kronke really going for that unless the other team ponies up a huge chunk of money and they would still have to pay the big relocation fee on top of it to a city that just doesn't care about the Chargers. I don't see how moving to LA would benefit the Chargers at all.

Comment

• bonehead
      Undrafted
      • Jul 2013
      • TBD
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
      Dear Kevin,
      How do you manage to write these wonderfully balanced stadium pieces with John Lynch Sr's cock inside your mouth? I'll take your answer over at window P.
      Tim Sullivan, formerly of San Diego
      Dear Tim

Lynches cock is up my ass freeing me up to use my voice dictation software.....
      Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• bonehead
        Undrafted
        • Jul 2013
        • TBD
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
        Does anybody really think if the Rams move to LA, that the NFL will force them to move back?
        No way in hell
        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Faded blues
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

The spanos have no bargaining position to assist krienko. There net worth is tied into the Chargers. They would get hosed in any deal trying to be joint tenants with kronke

. The Chargers are staying out where they any leverage at all is San diego

Comment

• Sec-E4
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2014
            • Arizona
            • Send PM

I've done a few jobs for a few San Diego sports personlities/Employees and they've all said the Chargers aren't going anywhere, There's to much money to be made off of the Chargers, To just let them pack up and leave. I've put my trust in what I've heard, It just sucks about all the drama and obstacles being thrown up.

Comment

• Faded blues
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

To sec

Visa versa

The chargers know internally that the only
              Three million people that give
              A shit about the Chargers are the people that live in this county sorrounded by desert one way
              Cardboard boxes another the pacific the other and tanks north.

It's ironic really but the Chargers have no nationalr cognition despite bad ass unis and a cool song that makes forms great ring tone

And I agree that the 2/3'is bull shit

Comment

• Faded blues
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2013
                • Send PM

Sorry
                For my typos

I have too tall jones type
                Hands trying to type
                On a digital key board

Comment

• MakoShark
                  Disgruntled
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Alabama
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
                  If the Chargers moved, what kind of deal would they have to cut to Kronke to share his stadium? I just can't see Kronke really going for that unless the other team ponies up a huge chunk of money and they would still have to pay the big relocation fee on top of it to a city that just doesn't care about the Chargers. I don't see how moving to LA would benefit the Chargers at all.
                  I think a long term lease from the Chargers would benefit Kronke enough. He collects rent from the Chargers and keeps all or most of the collateral revenue, I.E. concessions and parking. The Chargers only get ticket revenue which means they will need to put butts in the seats. Not sure how the rough numbers would look and I'm not sure Spanos would go for it. On the flip side, what kind of deal would Spanos seek in stadium sharing? Hows it work in NY?

I do think the public should pitch in on a new stadium in SD, but if Spanos is expecting the public to cover 60% of the costs I don't see it happening and I wouldn't vote for it. I'm thinking more in the 33% range, maybe up to 40%.
                  sigpic

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

As SDFan has said, Kroenke is not interested in 2 teams playing at his stadium. He owns the Rams. They will be the tenant, barring, of course a franchise swap, as we San Diegan's saw with the Boston Celtics/ Buffalo Braves deal( for those who don't know, the then owner of the Celtics wanted to move the team to SD. Commisioner O'Brien said " Over my dead body", so worked out a deal that saw the Celtics and Braves owners swap franchises. The team that came to SD has always been mistakenly referred to as the Braves, where in reality, 1/2 the roster were actually Celtics. Interesting side note is that the Commissioner allowed the team remaining in Boston to keep that years #1 pick in Boston. That guys name? Larry Bird........)

I digress, my apologies.

Anywho, I flew over the Hollywood Park site on Sunday and noticed that any semblance to a horse track( stables, course, rings,etc.) have been removed from the site. The grandstand and large buildings at the entrance of the park still stand but look soon to be gone. Once accomplished, that site will be just one big plot of dirt. I could see grading starting anytime before winter ends. That could possibly set them up to have a facility in place by the start of the 2018 season.

So, short of Farmer Field or the Culver City site moving earth within the next few months, only 1 team will be in L.A. in 2016, at the earliest. And that's the Rams.
                    Last edited by WindsorUK; 01-06-2015, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
                      As SDFan has said, Kroenke is not interested in 2 teams playing at his stadium. He owns the Rams. They will be the tenant, barring, of course a franchise swap, as we San Diegan's saw with the Boston Celtics/ Buffalo Braves deal( for those who don't know, the then owner of the Celtics wanted to move the team to SD. Commisioner O'Brien said " Over my dead body", so worked out a deal that saw the Celtics and Braves owners swap franchises. The team that came to SD has always been mistakenly referred to as the Braves, where in reality, 1/2 the roster were actually Celtics. Interesting side note is that the Commissioner allowed the team remaining in Boston to keep that years #1 pick in Boston. That guys name? Larry Bird........)

I digress, my apologies.

Anywho, I flew over the Hollywood Park site on Sunday and noticed that any semblance to a horse track( stables, course, rings,etc.) have been removed from the site. The grandstand and large buildings at the entrance of the park still stand but look soon to be gone. Once accomplished, that site will be just one big plot of dirt. I could see grading starting anytime before winter ends. That could possibly set them up to have a facility in place by the start of the 2016 season.

So, short of Farmer Field or the Culver City site moving earth within the next few months, only 1 team will be in L.A. in 2016, at the earliest. And that's the Rams.
                      hey Windsor, I gotta correct a couple things in your post. Check the bolded part and then read this snippet from the article Rich posted earlier in this thread:

"Still to come are actual details of the financing and also the inevitable legal and environmental battles, as well as a ballot measure to approve the development. Developers said the stadium could be ready for the 2018 season."

Kalifornia is 1 of the most business unfriendly states in the country because of the tax climate and the all permits, inspections and delays to build any project no matter the size or scope. You also have to add in the Environmental studies and reports that are mandatory and ripe for opponents to use to stall or kill building anything. There's a large group of people in CA that HATE "developers" and will spare no cost to stop them if possible. They will also need to check for soil contamination and possible Indian sacred sites and/or artifacts at the site- either of which could delay or derail new construction grading. This thing isn't going to happen quickly, if it actually happens at all. Time is not the enemy for the Chargers here even though some people insist on portraying it that way any time an LA stadium story makes news...
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Yeah, my bad.
                        I should know better than to post after a 10 hour all night from L.A. to London.
                        Date has been corrected.
                        And, oh yes....THIS VIDEO IS NOT

Comment

• WindsorUK
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Windsor, U.K.
                          • Send PM

And then there is this:http://www.cityofinglewood.org/depts...cific_plan.asp

Looks like the FEIR has already been done. I'm a bit vague if this can be used for a different purpose for this site but I'm guessing if it's already been cleared for 1,000's of residential units they'll allow a multi use facility like a stadium. So may not take as long.
                          Last edited by WindsorUK; 01-06-2015, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X