• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Hope this page explodes in the next few days with great hires.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

SO: How was your day, dear?

TPB: The Chargers are gonna run a 3-4 OVER with a Cover 6 zone scheme.

SO: Isn't that nice. Please pass the casserole, dear.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
        Here comes Kyle Pitts? Waller is a similar player.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
          A lot of experience as a TE coach with the Bears and Raiders. Helped Waller - maybe he can help Henry, Parham and Anderson

Played OL at Miami (OH) blocking for Big Ben Roethlisberger

This doesn't seem like Campen will be back. Which is fine. Just as long as the HC, OC, OL and Telesco get in a damn room and figure out what the hell kind of players they want on the OL!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post
            Hope this page explodes in the next few days with great hires.
            Pep back as OC

Somebody like Weaver for the defense since I think Houston ran a 3-4 with Crennel and Weaver

EDIT: Or Pleasant from the Rams
            both work for me

ST - just anybody better than any coach the last 10 years
            Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 01-18-2021, 05:45 PM.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I also think Telesco needs to find at a couple veterans that excel in special teams. Its just not coaching - its talent too,
              We had a player who was good on special teams. Dzubnar. People cursed him out of town.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

I hope this TE coach can develop Parham and Anderson. They have the raw talent

Comment

• Charge!
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

We had a player who was good on special teams. Dzubnar. People cursed him out of town.
                  because he sucked as a LBer......... anyone who is good at a position like LBer can play great at ST's if they want to...... so the idea is to draft players and they will do what the coaches want them to do.....

Comment

• Xenos
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

If the website is true, it may mean Staley will get his staff choices and nothing was forced on him.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                      Administrator
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

The significant departures from the current staff are Lynn, Bradley and Ron Milus. Some of the remaining staff may have contracts that expire on the new league year, but who knows for sure. With the remaining HC spots down to just Philly and Houston, I expect there to be a pickup in the coaching rotation. I doubt there will be all-star games for the coaches and scouts to congregate, but the new coaches are probably on the phones connecting up with their lists.

Comment

• SYB
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
                        I hope this TE coach can develop Parham and Anderson. They have the raw talent
                        When I saw how much Waller praised him, I immediately thought of Parham possibly taking a big step.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Im going to take a positive approach to our new HC.....

Lets assume that he is a super smart inventive aggressiove HC, leader of team and the defense.....

I will assume that he hires a brilliant aggressive OC and lets him coach our offense to score as many points as possible.....

Lets assume he hires a brilliant DC that shuts down offenses and terrorizes QB's........

and he hires a great ST's coscdh who makes our ST's near top of the league.....

What happens if Herbvert'a new OC leads and offense thswt averages between 30-40 pts per game...... Chargers win division and advance in playoffs..... how do we keep our staff together? Our OC will be hired by some team as HC...... maybe DC also but Staley will be the main voice on defense anyway..... so he can hire another DC that will execute his scheme.....

Does Staley have to find another brilliant OC every year or 2???? Does Herbert have to endure new coaches every year or 2????..... That is a huge advantage to hiring a brilliant OC as HC..... then your star QB has a consistent voice in his head..... Reid will coach Mahomes likely for rest of his career.....

Staley may be a great guy, leader and brilliant defensive coach...... and maybe herbie is so great that it does not matter who coaches him???.... but.......is this the best way to support your star QB?????

.....just thoughts.......

still cant believe raiders were stupid enough to hire bradley when raiders have scored easily against his defense for years...... lol

Comment

Working...
                          X