• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

It is a tradition or more like a bad habit. Every year everyone has OT as our greatest need w mocks filling the need w the #1 and every year they flumox the draft gurus and fans. Get ready for a TE or RB w the #1 and a lot saying WTF again.
    no flumox here.... had Wirfs last year, and.... glad team TommyJohn trumped my hand,

had Ramczyk the other year as well....

and would be surprised by the either of a TE or RB, as think the more likely get if not Oline, is on the defensive side of the ball.... CB, LB or even DT ???
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

no flumox here.... had Wirfs last year, and.... glad team TommyJohn trumped my hand,

and would be surprised by the either of a TE or RB, as think the more likely get if not Oline, is on the defensive side of the ball.... CB, LB or even DT ???

at least we know it's not a QB... when I came back from my little Hiatus, I thought maybe I would just pay attention until Rivers was done, but young Mr Herbs has changed that (along with Slayer, Bosa, Ek, James, etc,) Watching him throw the deep ball is a thing of beauty... or as one player put it (forgot which one)..." I love his balls", lol.

Moxie and character too.

(I know I'm a little late to the party on that one but I wanted to throw my ups to Herbs)
      Last edited by Longrobbdiego; 03-15-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
        2 OL holes filled today, if Pitts fell to 13 i would sprint to the phone to call that in. take a serviceable OT in the 2nd, i think that kid is going to be a monster TE. Sustain becomes much more possible overall team value as well.

And so the rationale to kick the OT can down the road began ...
        agree.... but Pitts will likely be long gone before 13, ..... but I could easily see CB Surtain, or RB Harris, who are both elite talents.... or maybe the LBer Pardons....or the Alabama DT/DE Barmore who is a one-man wrecking crew.... After Sewell the OT's are not elite..... some are better as OG's....and most need more development .... dont want to reach at 13....

Comment

• H82LUZN
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
          2 OL holes filled today, if Pitts fell to 13 i would sprint to the phone to call that in. take a serviceable OT in the 2nd, i think that kid is going to be a monster TE. Sustain becomes much more possible overall team value as well.

And so the rationale to kick the OT can down the road began ...

Comment

• H82LUZN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2020
            • Send PM

This is giving me the same good feeling I had before the Chargers drafted Kellen Winslow back in the day. Pitts is my new hope at all 13. As there are plenty of OLT options in the second round (I like Eich the best). I do have a question as am reviewing the availability guards based on scheme. Are we running a zone, man, or power scheme?

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Ontario , Canada
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Well hopefully. They are more predictable w the #1 actually (Bosa, Herbert, James all solid) . The later rounds is when you scratch your head more.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                Hmmm could Bulaga play LT? Move Feiler to RT? Fuck thats cheap money for 2 OTs.
                Bulaga played LT in college. But he’s been an RT his entire NFL career. Though I get your feelings on the matter since Feiler would be better at RT than LG.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Ontario , Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Longrobbdiego View Post

hopefully with TT probably on the hot seat, we'll be broken out of that curse, but yeah pick13 looks like it could be just about anything now, huh?
                  You never know. They are pretty good w the #1s though in hindsight. The later rounds,not so much. Welcome to the boards too.

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

True

Comment

• DragonIce
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2021
                      • Arizona
                      • Send PM

As longtime Cowboy I gotta say:
                      Huge fan of Linsley signing.

When the Cowboys drafted Travis Frederick at center I wasn't impressed with the selection. Then Frederick quickly became a key cog in the "Great Wall 2.0" that the team briefly enjoyed in 2016-2018. A good, intelligent center can make such a difference for the entire o-line. And Corey is still very much in his prime.

Comment

• pigskin
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Southern Oregon
                        • Send PM

At this point I'd love to see a H. Reddick singing.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
                          As longtime Cowboy I gotta say:
                          Huge fan of Linsley signing.

When the Cowboys drafted Travis Frederick at center I wasn't impressed with the selection. Then Frederick quickly became a key cog in the "Great Wall 2.0" that the team briefly enjoyed in 2016-2018. A good, intelligent center can make such a difference for the entire o-line. And Corey is still very much in his prime.
                          had Frederick as a first rounder that year, and despite that didn't have much if any company on that speculation....

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X