Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
    I dont think todd gurley is injury prone
    he has played at least 13 games every season which is a good number for a RB
    also he is really good at scoring and that is something that has been lacking in the chargers RBs since tomlinson
    He has a knee issue that has made him not as durable and explosive as he once was. He played less later in the season last year which he also did the season before , so we wouldnt be getting the player he was.

Id rather draft a RB early like round 2 instead of sign one. Much cheaper for one thing.

Comment

• CTrout
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
      I dont think todd gurley is injury prone
      he has played at least 13 games every season which is a good number for a RB
      also he is really good at scoring and that is something that has been lacking in the chargers RBs since tomlinson
      All the bashing on Gurley is funny.....the washed up, injury prone rb still had better stats then any rb on our roster.

Comment

• eaterfan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
        Hmmmn barring an extension, we should really reconsider the 5th year option for MW if this is true.
        I really just don't understand what the Chargers were doing with Hunter Henry and Mike Williams.

I get that a $13 million cap hit for Henry is less than ideal (franchise tag). But cut Mike Williams and you have a $2 million cap savings this year. It at least buys more time to negotiate a long term extension with HH.

What incentive does Mike Williams have to negotiate a long term extension? He gets $15 million guaranteed. With the cap going down this year and up next year the WR market might creep back up again. Deep draft classes have driven down prices, and that may continue, but teams won't be under the cap crunch and may be more likely to resign their own players or not cut their own Wars so the FA pool at the position won't be as deep. This is the best yeast to pick up a vet FA to replace Williams.

Could have done that and tagged Henry to get more leverage in negotiating an extension or have him for one more season while Parham develops and there is hopefully a better TE class next year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Comment

• Boltgang74
            We Are The Storm!
            • Aug 2018
            • Send PM

Lets grab another goodie for the pile.O line?CB?RB?Probably is smart to be patient at this juncture.Coupon king get ta clippin.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

I really just don't understand what the Chargers were doing with Hunter Henry and Mike Williams.

I get that a $13 million cap hit for Henry is less than ideal (franchise tag). But cut Mike Williams and you have a $2 million cap savings this year. It at least buys more time to negotiate a long term extension with HH.

What incentive does Mike Williams have to negotiate a long term extension? He gets $15 million guaranteed. With the cap going down this year and up next year the WR market might creep back up again. Deep draft classes have driven down prices, and that may continue, but teams won't be under the cap crunch and may be more likely to resign their own players or not cut their own Wars so the FA pool at the position won't be as deep. This is the best yeast to pick up a vet FA to replace Williams.

Could have done that and tagged Henry to get more leverage in negotiating an extension or have him for one more season while Parham develops and there is hopefully a better TE class next year.
              Who knows. Maybe they value WR over the TE position. Or didn’t think HH was worth another FT or what the Patriots gave him. I personally would have kept HH over MW but that’s just me. But I’m also leery of both players’ injury history, and wouldn’t be paying either that much.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                Draftnik
                • Oct 2020
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                Lets grab another goodie for the pile.O line?CB?RB?Probably is smart to be patient at this juncture.Coupon king get ta clippin.
                If we’re not planning on re-signing Tevi it might be a good idea to take a good look at Reiff.
                Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Jorgecasas10
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Mar 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

All the bashing on Gurley is funny.....the washed up, injury prone rb still had better stats then any rb on our roster.
                  Exactly
                  he is not the elite rb he was 3 years ago but he is still better than all our RBs and will be a cheap signing

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Belichick looking for his biggest need

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.emailimagecdnuyi.com%2Fqkyl6d91ch%2Fen_us%2Fimages%2F605124b89a21a-1615930552.6313.png&t=1616001472&ymreqid=bfdfe4a2-1dbd-7684-1ce9-c2000301fd00&sig=Guma8ZDHN2vkT6TvKqJBAA--~D.png

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Willing to bet he’s got his eye on Mac Jones.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Willing to bet he’s got his eye on Mac Jones.
                        Minnesota picking 14 - he might be there at 15. But I hope Hoodie wants to trade up and get him. 5 QBs in the first 12 picks plus Pitts, Smith, Chase, Sewell and the CBs please

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

AJ Smith was fortunate to inherit a team on the rise when he took over as GM thanks to Butler and Marty, who made his name turning teams around. That and the Afc west wasn’t very good. We won one Afc west title going 8-8.

TT has been in the division with the Broncos and Chiefs both going to 2 SB’s a piece and each winning one. It’s been a little tougher. That said, he hasn’t built an oline and hired 2 mediocre head coaches. Let’s not anoint Staley yet. He hasn’t been HC for a single game. TT’s job is on the line if Staley doesn’t work out.
                          AJ inherited nothing. His best friend, John Butler died of lung cancer, and the 2003 draft was John's last draft. AJ was the assistant GM. That first line is so far off-base, just wow.

I was a mod here during AJ's hiring. Chargers didn't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of before Butler/AJ Smith arrived.
                          Last edited by ghost; 03-17-2021, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X