• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by mecho View Post

Mad money for someone at his stage of career. Glad we weren't in the running should be able to get 3 decent players for that sort of money.
    Yep...Williams is 32 years old...I don't think I would have liked to have seen the Bolts sink $138 mil into a player on the wrong side of 30 and hope he still plays at a high level the next 6 years...this is the age when players start breaking down...Trent missed 6 games in 2019 and a couple last year...likelihood of missing more games goes up even more after 30...

Comment

• eaterfan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Williams is 31 years old...I don't think I would have liked to have seen the Bolts sink $138 mil into a player on the wrong side of 30 and hope he still plays at a high level the next 6 years...this is the age when players start breaking down...Trent missed 6 games in 2019 and a couple last year...likelihood of missing more games goes up even more after 30...
      32. He'll be playing all of next season at age 33.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

32. He'll be playing all of next season at age 33.
        Wow...that's even worse...correction duly noted...

Comment

• eaterfan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wow...that's even worse...correction duly noted...
          Yeah. If he were 3 years younger can you imagine what that contact would be?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

Yeah. If he were 3 years younger can you imagine what that contact would be?
            I think he is a top notch player but for the dollars and his price - glad the Chargers passed. Just get your OT in the draft at 13 and have him there for many years to come.

Looking forward to seeing what moves Telesco makes today - I like the idea of Adoree Jackson. I want to see if Telesco can do a little boom or bust with that money not used on Henry. See if Staley can coach him up

Popper lists Eric Fisher as a possibility - the problem with Fisher - is he cannot play until 2022 probably with the achilles. Veteran minimum deal maybe.

Popper also pushing Kyle Rudolph - if he would accept 2/8m - probably sign Ruolph

Also want Telesco to play the comp pick game. Adoree Jackson, Kyle Rudolph and signing many of the IOL released would not count and the Chargers will probably lose PErryman and Ingram still.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Give me Ertz or Rudolph for half the cost of Hunter = instant roster improvement with money saved to sign one more new starter

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

This pretty much sums it up:

@PaulHembo

Most guaranteed money spent in free agency since 2016: 1. Jets ($341 million) 2. Jaguars ($318 million)
                Worst record in NFL since 2016: 31. Jaguars (25-55 W-L) 32. Jets (23-57 W-L)

Comment

• CTrout
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Brockers goes to the Lions for a 7th round pick......

Wondering if TT is asleep at the wheel with this one.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

I saw that one and for the same dollars basically - had to surmise Linval Joseph will be just as good at interior DL position as Brockers.

Now there is a guy on the Rams they might not be able to that might be a better guy to sign with upside potential, Morgan Fox. He is a DE - but might fit better with the new scheme. In fact, he might fit better than Hassan Reddick.

Comment

• Xenos
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post

I’m not seeing the love for Brockers.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think he is a top notch player but for the dollars and his price - glad the Chargers passed. Just get your OT in the draft at 13 and have him there for many years to come.

Looking forward to seeing what moves Telesco makes today - I like the idea of Adoree Jackson. I want to see if Telesco can do a little boom or bust with that money not used on Henry. See if Staley can coach him up

Popper lists Eric Fisher as a possibility - the problem with Fisher - is he cannot play until 2022 probably with the achilles. Veteran minimum deal maybe.

Popper also pushing Kyle Rudolph - if he would accept 2/8m - probably sign Ruolph

Also want Telesco to play the comp pick game. Adoree Jackson, Kyle Rudolph and signing many of the IOL released would not count and the Chargers will probably lose PErryman and Ingram still.
                        Agree. Maybe kick the tires on Reiff if you don’t want to start a rookie or if you want flexibility in the first. But glad we didn’t overpay for Trent.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Perryman might bring a 6th round comp...same with Ingram...

Comment

Working...
                          X