• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Even if his cap hit is 40 mil, they are still 72 mil over the cap. That's unbelieable.
    It's fire sale time...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

I dont see how it could be worse for their cap...in a trade, we take the salary, right? Im no capologisr, but I thought thats how it worked...they arent cutting/releasing him...

Those other promising DBs on their roster is why I believe they would be willing to entertain such a move, giving them much needed cap relief, and much needed picks to boot. But I am also intriqued by those guys...
      Its because in the NFL - so many of the guaranteed dollars are through SIGNING bonus and not ROSTER bonus. ROSTER bonus is the current cap - player gets $10m bucks - its on this years; Signing bonus can be allocated over the life of a contract. For example, say before the 2020 season Ramsey signed his extension but he got whatever dollars in salary but a $20m signing bonus over 5 years, the Rams would allocate $4m each year so only 4m of that signing bonus counts towards each years cap. If the Rams trade him this offseason, the "remaining 16m" would accelerate to this years cap. So the Rams could actually have a higher cap number by trading Ramsey than not.

And its why the Lions totally bailed the Rams out by taking his contract. Otherwise - the lions could have traded Stafford to another team - but the Rams really had no other options for Goff

Lastly a note to the Spanii, Ed Maguire, Telesco - be thinking about Justin Herberts contract now and instead of doing like other teams - start trying to think about his 30m cap hits to be

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Even if his cap hit is 40 mil, they are still 72 mil over the cap. That's unbelieable.
        Right - because it wasn't just the Brees contracts - it was kicking the can on other contracts; it was signing Malcolm Jenkins and Emmanuel Sanders and taking the minimum cap hits because the Saints were giving it one more go with Brees.

They will June 1 Brees to lower his cap number to like $11m of deap in 2021 and 2022 --as part of that 100m over the cap includes a "salary" to Brees of $25m which will go away.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Its because in the NFL - so many of the guaranteed dollars are through SIGNING bonus and not ROSTER bonus. ROSTER bonus is the current cap - player gets $10m bucks - its on this years; Signing bonus can be allocated over the life of a contract. For example, say before the 2020 season Ramsey signed his extension but he got whatever dollars in salary but a $20m signing bonus over 5 years, the Rams would allocate $4m each year so only 4m of that signing bonus counts towards each years cap. If the Rams trade him this offseason, the "remaining 16m" would accelerate to this years cap. So the Rams could actually have a higher cap number by trading Ramsey than not.

And its why the Lions totally bailed the Rams out by taking his contract. Otherwise - the lions could have traded Stafford to another team - but the Rams really had no other options for Goff

Lastly a note to the Spanii, Ed Maguire, Telesco - be thinking about Justin Herberts contract now and instead of doing like other teams - start trying to think about his 30m cap hits to be
          I had thought that only happened on cut and release, that the team trading for him would assume deferred payments, but Ill take your word for it.
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

both injury-prone, but MW is a much better player than Tyrell....... no contest...... if we can afford MW, we should keep him or if he wants big money go and sign Allen Robinson, who is a great WR who has NEVER had a good or great QB...... Robinson would be all pro with Herbie throwing him the ball.....

If both cost lots of money would rather see the Chargers spend FA money on one or 2 starting OL... OC and OG or OT..... and a starting shut down CB..... if we sign one great starting OL, and a starting CB, then we can draft another starting CB/NB, a starting WR, a starting RB, a starting pass rusher, and one or 2 OL ...hopefully at least one will start.......
            Tyrell wasn't injury prone when he was with the Chargers. If you look at the production of Tyrell and Mike in the number games played for the Chargers, it is pretty even.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Tyrell wasn't injury prone when he was with the Chargers. If you look at the production of Tyrell and Mike in the number games played for the Chargers, it is pretty even.
              I think I would rather pay MW 4/45 than Tyrell Williams. But if MW really wants 15.6 or more than 11m AAV - might just have to move on

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think I would rather pay MW 4/45 than Tyrell Williams. But if MW really wants 15.6 or more than 11m AAV - might just have to move on
                That's why I think Tyrell would be a good option if MW is going to cost too much. Tyrell was the Chargers' No. 2 WR not Mike in the two years they were on the roster together. Tyrell made it possible for Mike to break out in 2018 because Mike was getting No. 3 coverages. They could probably sign Tyrell to a 1-year prove-it deal for cheap like the Raiders did with Agholor ($1.05 million).

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Agree. I think it is due to their style of play. TW got his yards on shallow crossers. Mostly YAC. While MW got his yards on deep balls and contested acrobatic catches. I would rather pay to watch MW play. We can get T Billy and Guyton do the shallow crossers for cheap.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Agree. I think it is due to their style of play. TW got his yards on shallow crossers. Mostly YAC. While MW got his yards on deep balls and contested acrobatic catches. I would rather pay to watch MW play. We can get T Billy and Guyton do the shallow crossers for cheap.
                    I want the better player but for me and how the team needs to improve, Mike Williams on a one year deal for 15.6 is stupid. Even 4/48 makes a bit of sense though I think they can do better with another player.

I do like the idea if MW and the team part away - to give a low risk deal to Tyrell.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

If MW is allowed to walk and sign elsewhere, he could generate a comp pick, depending on all of the factors involved? But he is considered a top tier FA right?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                        If MW is allowed to walk and sign elsewhere, he could generate a comp pick, depending on all of the factors involved? But he is considered a top tier FA right?
                        I actually do not think he would with the Chargers rescinding but you never know. Plus the Chargers would have to lose the "comp pick" game to get a comp pick. My guess, Trai Turner might be release (no comp pick); Hayward (no comp pick)

Hunter Henry or RAyshawn Jenkins could be losses but you might be signing players to offset.

Comment

• 21&500
                          Bolt Spit-Baller
                          • Sep 2018
                          • A Whale's Vajayjay
                          • CMB refugee
                          • Send PM

With team-building season officially underway, PFF takes a look at the 250 best players available in the 2021 NFL free agency class.

"25. C COREY LINSLEY

Linsley is the best center on the market. He’s been one of the most dependable pivot men in the league since 2014, and he’s been at his best in 2020.

Linsley has been outstanding in pass protection this season, allowing just four pressures on 437 pass-blocking attempts in 2020. He is also a strong run-blocker, ranking in the 84th percentile in the percentage of positively graded blocks and the 85th percentile when it comes to avoiding negatives.

Contract Analysis: The Packers made left tackle David Bakhtiari the highest-paid offensive lineman in NFL history in the middle of the 2020 season, and that probably closed the book on any Linsley extension in Green Bay. However, PFF’s top-ranked center could be a highly sought-after free agent for teams who want a veteran player to step in and take some of the pressure off a young, developing quarterback.

Prediction: Chargers sign Linsley for three years, $33M ($11M APY): $16.5M total guaranteed, $10M fully guaranteed at signing."

11/Year doesn't sound bad at all for a true veteran C who has snapped for Rodgers his whole career
                          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

Working...
                          X