• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
    There are round three OLTs in this draft.
    ​​​​​
    Now that we have stabilized IOL, we could live with Pipkins, Tevi, Villanueva, Reiff, whoever.

I would just as soon put the exclamation point on IOL with one more early/mid round shitkicker.

What did TT say ?
    We need to improve at running game and Red Zone offense.
    I would add short yardage...that all points to IOL.
    does young Johnny like him some Walker Little, or.... ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post
      We can always create an easy 15-16 million cap space by restructuring Keenan and Joey's deal, just like everyone else. I don't know why we are the only team that seems restricted by a single cap that cannot be increased by contract restructuring. We can get the players we need if the coaches believe in their ability.
      The Chargers are a team that spends to the cap but doesn't write contracts with the voidable years down the road; kicking the can down the road. They keep dead cap down and though they spend to the cap - you don't see them do what other teams do. Which is fine

The most obvious way to get more cap space is to extend Mike Williams

But the Chargers do not need any more cap space today. There just isn't a player out there right now that seems like they will break the bank. Or need too

Popper said there is like 12.5m of cap. That can be 4 or 5 really good players. And remember - if they sign a veteran for 1m; the net cap hit at this point is $300k since somebody is falling off the cap. Its not truly $1m of cap space. The Chargers have PLENTY of cap space

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

We can always create an easy 15-16 million cap space by restructuring Keenan and Joey's deal, just like everyone else. I don't know why we are the only team that seems restricted by a single cap that cannot be increased by contract restructuring. We can get the players we need if the coaches believe in their ability.
        Because when you restructure, you send a lot of money to the back and increase the Dead cap the next couple seasons or so. The Falcons are going to be shitting themselves real soon with Matt Ryan he this is the year he starts to decline.

Restructure is good for the now but it can really bite you in the ass later.

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher View Post

So a great signing is a 33 year old TE who is a poor blocker and has shown ball security issues.
          In regards to fumbles, Cook did have the rock punched out of his grasp during the NFC Divisional playoff in January vs. the Bucs. However, over the years, he has averaged only one lost fumble a year or less:

cook fum.JPG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Because when you restructure, you send a lot of money to the back and increase the Dead cap the next couple seasons or so. The Falcons are going to be shitting themselves real soon with Matt Ryan he this is the year he stats to decline.
            If there is player out there worth kicking the can on BOsa or Allen at this time - IF you cannot extend Mike Williams - I just don't see it. And this is a good point - the Falcons hosed themselves with that Ryan extension three years ago and it will screw them through 2023.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

It would be a doubling down mistake to extend MW imo
              he doesn’t project to stay healthy so just eat the damn 15 mill and hope he doesn’t break
              I doubt he is tradable now that his money is guaranteed
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                It would be a doubling down mistake to extend MW imo
                he doesn’t project to stay healthy so just eat the damn 15 mill and hope he doesn’t break
                I doubt he is tradable now that his money is guaranteed
                I actually agree after all the consternation. Prove it - prove you are worth what a top flight WR gets paid.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I actually agree after all the consternation. Prove it - prove you are worth what a top flight WR gets paid.
                  Some of you kill me....Some here liked Will Fuller for to posssibly sign and let MW go who is hurt a lot more than MW but call MW an injury concern? Sure he misses two, three games ..Fuller missed 27 games in 5 years and he got 10 mil.
                  MW has played in 2 more games in 4 years than Fuller has in 5 years.

MW doesnt have to prove anything to the Front office, they are sold and why they excercised his 5th year and are ok rolling with it.

I see Keenan and MW to both be over 1000 yards next season in this offense. Just like they were in 2019.

Comment

• BoltingUP
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
                    Because when you restructure, you send a lot of money to the back and increase the Dead cap the next couple seasons or so. The Falcons are going to be shitting themselves real soon with Matt Ryan he this is the year he starts to decline.

Restructure is good for the now but it can really bite you in the ass later.
                    You cannot keep doing it, but you also cannot avoid it. Not doing it is worse than waiting around with your self-imposed contract restrictions until Herbert costs you 45 million /year where if you keep that attitude you will never add a player. See Mahomes contract. They have created a cap bank where each year they can clear 20 million of cap space at the cost of 2 million extra annual hit. That's a heck of a deal.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

You cannot keep doing it, but you also cannot avoid it. Not doing it is worse than waiting around with your self-imposed contract restrictions until Herbert costs you 45 million /year where if you keep that attitude you will never add a player. See Mahomes contract. They have created a cap bank where each year they can clear 20 million of cap space at the cost of 2 million extra annual hit. That's a heck of a deal.
                      The Chargers are a year early from really needing to jack with the cap. Maybe two years. Not that I want to kick the can on this year but I think Telesco needs a good draft, get the nucleus together and maybe next year - see how the team is and than maybe manufacture the cap like other

What player do you want hte Chargers to sign that is worth kicking the salary cap can for? And they still have like $13-14m of cap space

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                        Heard Chargers are in talks with ex-steeler
                        T ALEJANDRO VILLANUEVA

Has there been any more news on that?
                        Oh hell no.......please????? Just no........

Comment

• BoltingUP
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Mar 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                          What player do you want hte Chargers to sign that is worth kicking the salary cap can for? And they still have like $13-14m of cap space
                          I am just saying if the coaches see a LT, CB or anyone else that will help but we need a little more cash, go get the player now. I am not advocating spending just to spend....I just don't want some extra money to be the excuse for not making us ready to seriously compete.

Comment

Working...
                          X