We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I don't know. When you offer more money for a Staley former player and he signs elsewhere, I'd call that losing out.

IF OBJ is traded, it's probably going to be during the draft and then maybe we are interested if we miss out on OT early and imo that makes the draft pick lower but I never was interested in anything above a third rounder for him.

We'll see.
      Not sure if your point is that players just don’t want to play for LAC, no matter the money, its just that bad? Even with their beloved ex-coach their, they just can’t. They would rather be poor than LAC?

Asking for a friend ...
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Often times, sticky players can be pried away draft day. When a prospect other team covets is there when Chargers pick is on the clock and Telesco can milk them then.
        I don't think a player like ZeusII is a draft day on the clock trade . The Chargers would need to extend ZeusII - no way I am just trading for him

And I have cooled on the trade - I think you can get a good solid LT prospect at 13 or trade back and the cost compared to Orlando Brown Jr would nominal for the next 5 years. Player might be better too.

I am still sticking at 13 - if Horn or Slater are there (it used to be just Slater but Horn was impressive yesterday and reading some scouts ) - I just take one of those two. If not, trade back if there is a feasible trade - get more picks and just try to build up your depth

Chargers should still be in the market for CB and OT. I think they need to check in on Eric Fisher - just to see how his rehab is going

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I don't think a player like ZeusII is a draft day on the clock trade . The Chargers would need to extend ZeusII - no way I am just trading for him

And I have cooled on the trade - I think you can get a good solid LT prospect at 13 or trade back and the cost compared to Orlando Brown Jr would nominal for the next 5 years. Player might be better too.

I am still sticking at 13 - if Horn or Slater are there (it used to be just Slater but Horn was impressive yesterday and reading some scouts ) - I just take one of those two. If not, trade back if there is a feasible trade - get more picks and just try to build up your depth

Chargers should still be in the market for CB and OT. I think they need to check in on Eric Fisher - just to see how his rehab is going
          Maybe your right, that ship has sailed just like Hunter Henry. I just think this years draft will have an unprecedented number of trades early on. DW debacle could even force another team to enter the QB fray. That’s big reason Sewell is possible as he will be pushed down the board. Then these teams or ones traded with will have to address their OL.

I’m always amazed, how quiet NFL war room buzz, even with the media prying, gets before the draft, then all hell breaks loose soon as it begins. Everybody has a plan and scheming execution. All I know is bets off the table when that clock begins and urgency/panic ensues veryourhead:

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Maybe your right, that ship has sailed just like Hunter Henry. I just think this years draft will have an unprecedented number of trades early on. DW debacle could even force another team to enter the QB fray. That’s big reason Sewell is possible as he will be pushed down the board. Then these teams or ones traded with will have to address their OL.

I’m always amazed, how quiet NFL war room buzz, even with the media prying, gets before the draft, then all hell breaks loose soon as it begins. Everybody has a plan and scheming execution. All I know is bets off the table when that clock begins and urgency/panic ensues veryourhead:
            I think the most likely DW trade is between HOU and NYJ. If that happens HOU will be picking #2–most likely a QB or WR. Probably not Sewell since they already have Tunsil. If the trade doesn’t happen, the Jets picking Sewell seems like a possibility (word is they’d move Becton to RT).

Then CIN would pick Slater and we’re left with Darrisaw. Not the worst thing, but I think we’d all prefer Slater.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
              Here's a shocking stat for you:
              Kyler Fackrell had 11 sacks in 2018.

I hadn't heard of the guy, but he's a respectable player.

without looking it up, probably similar to Melvin's production at a fraction of the cost:whistlin:

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

without looking it up, probably similar to Melvin's production A FEW YEARS AGO at a fraction of the cost:whistlin:
                There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I think the most likely DW trade is between HOU and NYJ. If that happens HOU will be picking #2–most likely a QB or WR. Probably not Sewell since they already have Tunsil. If the trade doesn’t happen, the Jets picking Sewell seems like a possibility (word is they’d move Becton to RT).

Then CIN would pick Slater and we’re left with Darrisaw. Not the worst thing, but I think we’d all prefer Slater.
                  Walker Little is coming up my draft board actually. Maybe not at 13 - but a trade back (if an option) for sure.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Oklahoma
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

There...fixed it for 'ya!
                    I'll go out on a limb and guess Fackrell has given his teams around 70% of Melvin's production at closer to 20% of the cost.
                    One of many examples why the Packers had a better roster.

Speaking of: Here is another gem from 5 years ago
                    According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Bulaga has agreed to a five-year, $33.75 million deal, which equates to $6.75 million per season.
                    Telesco has not yet proven worthy of washing Ted Thompson's jock strap.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Walker Little is coming up my draft board actually. Maybe not at 13 - but a trade back (if an option) for sure.
                      After Slater I’d go;
                      Darrisaw
                      Jenkins
                      Little
                      Brown
                      Cosmi
                      Radunz
                      Eichenberg

Shame I can’t put AVT and his tiny lil arms on my list anymore.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Oklahoma
                        • Send PM

Wonder how a 5'9 tall O Lineman with arms and hand punch like a grizzly bear would do?:Cheers1:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

I'll go out on a limb and guess Fackrell has given his teams around 70% of Melvin's production at closer to 20% of the cost.
                          One of many examples why the Packers had a better roster.

Speaking of: Here is another gem from 5 years ago
                          According to ESPN's Chris Mortensen, Bulaga has agreed to a five-year, $33.75 million deal, which equates to $6.75 million per season.
                          Telesco has not yet proven worthy of washing Ted Thompson's jock strap.
                          Ted Thompson was a very good GM. Telesco's record speaks for itself. But hard to compare what Bulaga for on his other deal to this one - different salary cap
                          That being said, Thompson was a draft and develop type GM. Telesco comes from Polian and the more I hear of Polian, the less he impresses.

Comment

Working...
                          X