• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

if we miss on Troy Hill and end up w/Kyle Fuller (@reasonable dollars).... gotta be ok w/that,
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Riddick is the ONLY one I've seen mention the Chargers in the mix for Fuller. I want us to be but I'm seeing Denver, Ravens, Washington, Packers, Niners.

Comment

• FarAwayBoltFan
        San Diego Native
        • Feb 2019
        • Farmington, NM
        • Send PM

I don't understand the mixed opinions about Allejandro Villanueva. He's 32 which isn't old for an OT. He's rated as a decent blind side protector (making him a huge upgrade over anything we've seen in recent years) and is a top notch character guy.

He's a huge upgrade at our greatest position of need and signing him keeps him out of the hands of the Chiefs. I'd rather have him blocking for Justin 19 games a season rather than blocking Joey for 3.

But, I may be missing something. Come on TPBs, help me out. What is it that you don't like about Allejandro Villanueva?

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post
          I don't understand the mixed opinions about Allejandro Villanueva. He's 32 which isn't old for an OT. He's rated as a decent blind side protector (making him a huge upgrade over anything we've seen in recent years) and is a top notch character guy.

He's a huge upgrade at our greatest position of need and signing him keeps him out of the hands of the Chiefs. I'd rather have him blocking for Justin 19 games a season rather than blocking Joey for 3.

But, I may be missing something. Come on TPBs, help me out. What is it that you don't like about Allejandro Villanueva?
          Maybe it’s that chemistry he has going already with our projected LOG—oh wait no, that’s still a positive
          2024: Far From Over

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Riddick is the ONLY one I've seen mention the Chargers in the mix for Fuller. I want us to be but I'm seeing Denver, Ravens, Washington, Packers, Niners.
            Popper says he was just speculating based on connections with Staley and Fangio
            2024: Far From Over

Comment

• PORTERPARTY1
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2020
              • Send PM

Did I miss something, they did not cut M Williams, so where would Fuller play? With Cook in we shift to BPA at #13, CB or OLT! My hope is trade our number 13 and 97 to Giants and get ,Slater(ahead 0f 49'ers) or best CB still on Board.

Comment

• mecho
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by PORTERPARTY1 View Post
                Did I miss something, they did not cut M Williams, so where would Fuller play? With Cook in we shift to BPA at #13, CB or OLT! My hope is trade our number 13 and 97 to Giants and get ,Slater(ahead 0f 49'ers) or best CB still on Board.
                Different fuller they are on about the CB fuller who played for Chicago

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  Any idea who this source might be ?

For those of you missing the point here, "football playing Jesse" is a term used by Staley in more than one of his interviews...

I would like to add Fuller, giving us additional flexibility in the draft...

But also possible our staff like a lot of the corners available in the draft this year...I know I do. It's even possible where most see Farley and Surtain as the 2 corners worthy of a top 15 pick...our staff may see 3, or even 4 guys they like at 13...regardless of our amatuer evaluations and gradings. If we fail to add a corner pre draft, this is my theory, anyway.
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

For those of you missing the point here, "football playing Jesse" is a term used by Staley in more than one of his interviews...

I would like to add Fuller, giving us additional flexibility in the draft...

But also possible our staff like a lot of the corners available in the draft this year...I know I do. It's even possible where most see Farley and Surtain as the 2 corners worthy of a top 15 pick...our staff may see 3, or even 4 guys they like at 13...regardless of our amatuer evaluations and gradings. If we fail to add a corner pre draft, this is my theory, anyway.
                    The Chargers have one CB signed for next season. Chris Harris is a FA after this year . So , like LoneBolt said, signing a CB like Fuller would allow flexibility in the draft just in case Surtain or Farley are not there at 13. Also if you sign Fuller to go with Davis - that does allow flexibility as LT is still the highest priority on the team. And maybe it allows you to go CB in R2 or 3 because you have Davis, Harris and Fuller

I have no idea what Fuller will cost but I think the NFL Rumors about the WFT, Packers, Niners being interested do not make sense. I get the WFT connection because of his brother but they just spent big money on William Jackson. I am not sure about the Packers or Niners having the cap space (though things can happen)

Riddick mentioned the Chargers and Broncos because of three things
                    1) Need
                    2) the Fangio and Staley connections
                    3) each team has the significant cap space to easily take on Fuller

(I do think the Chargers will sign Fuller or Adoree - if not, there is not a rush as you might as well bring back Casey Hayward for 4m or something if he is out there in two weeks)

Comment

• alex8080
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

insane pd's the last 6 years

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

I'd rather see Denver overpay for K.Fuller.
                        If Chargers can get him for 1 year 4mil or something, then okay. Two stats I look at with CBs is completion percentage when targeted and missed tackles.
                        Last season Fuller 55% WT is good. But 20% missed tackles is bad. If they do sign Fuller, hopefully it was a down year as the previous 2 season he avg 10% MT which is very good.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          I'd rather see Denver overpay for K.Fuller.
                          If Chargers can get him for 1 year 4mil or something, then okay. Two stats I look at with CBs is completion percentage when targeted and missed tackles.
                          Last season Fuller 55% WT is good. But 20% missed tackles is bad. If they do sign Fuller, hopefully it was a down year as the previous 2 season he avg 10% MT which is very good.

Yeah, thats not happening - he is going to get a good contract - meaning he will get a hellvua lot more than 4m for a year. I think he will sign for something like 3/35 - if not more. HIs best years in Chicago were under FAngio. And I do think the Broncos will outbid the Chargers as they have a lot more cap space to work with. But I hope the Chargers have reached out, If he doesn't sign with the Chargers - go back, find the value CB, OL and Special teamers.

Comment

Working...
                          X