Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After the last two games where we saw a different type of game, I do not have as much hope as I once did in the Bolts season. You can't be last against the run and expect to do anything as I said in another post. And it seems teams are getting a pass rush on Herbert now, as well as covering our receivers. Better game plans against us I suppose.

I figure 3rd place or so. Just about what we are used to. Unless something drastically changes. Sure they will pull out a great game here and there...but over the long haul not feeling it.

Last edited by Guest; 11-02-2021, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

We just need to win the games we should be winning. Or one game at a time as Marty used to say.
      Just take them one at a time - agreed. Figure out how to beat the Eagles and go from there. Get back to the basics on offense or what was working earlier.

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Hupperdoo View Post
        After the last two games where we saw a different type of game, I do not have as much hope as I once did in the Bolts season. You can't be last against the run and expect to do anything as I said in another post. And it seems teams are getting a pass rush on Herbert now, as well as covering our receivers. Better game plans against us I suppose.

I figure 3rd place or so. Just about what we are used to. Unless something drastically changes. Sure they will pull out a great game here and there...but over the long haul not feeling it.
        Two games doesn’t necessarily predict the entire season. We can still turn it around and be first for the division. Especially with how the Chiefs have been playing.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher

This is true. The Raiders look the best in the division right now, but that can change. The Chiefs are an absolute mystery.
          Rugs in legal, DUI resulting in a death, and career trouble now. Hip injury maybe serious.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...I'm especially thinking of that pick-6 to Phillips that Herbie threw. Cook was breaking left (below) when apparently Herbie thought he would break right, in which case Cook probably makes the catch. I'm guessing Lombo's offense is calling for the receiver to change his route based on the coverage he sees. Maybe some of our resident experts like Steve can explain this. Maybe it's a learning curve here. But the problem is, when Herbie is getting pressured as much as he is, especially from the right side, it adds an extra layer of complexity for BOTH QB and receiver to make the same read, on the fly, while the pressure is on. How about everyone just runs their regular pattern and Herbie throws the rock, KNOWING they should be where he throws it...instead of this reading and guessing game that results in game-changing picks...

phillips pick 6.JPG
            This is pretty common in the NFL. Since Cook has played in this type of offense before, i'm guessing he ran the correct route and Herbert made the mistake.

It was 3rd down (& 8?) and Herbert had little time. He couldn't hold on to it a split second longer.
            It was a play they very much needed and that's when big mistakes are made.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Is there anyone else who knows this offense as well as Lombo who can presumably replace him?
              Brees is a pipe dream
              Maybe Cook himself?
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

This is pretty common in the NFL. Since Cook has played in this type of offense before, i'm guessing he ran the correct route and Herbert made the mistake.

It was 3rd down (& 8?) and Herbert had little time. He couldn't hold on to it a split second longer.
                It was a play they very much needed and that's when big mistakes are made.
                Pass pro is so critical...yep, if our O-line buys him about 1 more second, maybe Herbie makes the correct read...
                Last edited by Topcat; 11-02-2021, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                  Is there anyone else who knows this offense as well as Lombo who can presumably replace him?
                  Brees is a pipe dream
                  Maybe Cook himself?
                  Cook? The guy who wasn't looking for the ball on the decisive INT? This weeks winner of the inaugural AJ Green award?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Two games doesn’t necessarily predict the entire season. We can still turn it around and be first for the division. Especially with how the Chiefs have been playing.
                    If the Run defense plays like they did this past Sunday - which was better - that will help

I am not as concerned about the offense - I think they get back to good

But its Special Teams that I am concerned with. I have no idea what they should do. Whether Long should punt it out of bounds without shanking it - but they are losing yards as a team 90% of the time between punt and kick returns. That has to get better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Re the ill fated Herbert--Cook--Adrian Phillips Pick 6,
                      here's my take...

First, Cook has made a career of good production combined with drops + not keeping his head in the game.

Here, we were getting used and abused all game in Time of Possession and Field Position. Our defense was tired. Again, we were backed up against the goal line. We needed a long, time consuming drive, culminating in a lead-taking score, with as little time left on the clock as possible. No mistakes.

We did not need an explosive play from Cook. He was in great position vis a vis Phillips. Just get to the first down marker, sit, turn
                      ​​​ around, and catch the football. Move the chains. Simple.

LAC was in position to win ugly, instead of continuing to be completely psyched out by NE. We cannot expect Herbert alone to bail us out every game.
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by AKFlyFisher

He was looking. He ran the route away from the coverage. Herbert the "superstar" threw to the coverage and not to the open space. It was another of many misreads by Herbert on the day...after 2 weeks of prep.
                        Had Cook turned that way, it would of been complete in front of Phillips. Thing is we dont know who was wrong. Cook or Herbert but it was clearly a mis commnication. It wasnt a bad decision throw, just a mis communication throw. Got to be on the same page. A lot of things can go wrong if you run a lot of pass option routes...if thats what it was and you dont have good chemistry with your recievers.

Just like AJ Green wasnt on the same page as Murray. But i see you automatically blame Herbert.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Had Cook turned that way, it would of been complete in front of Phillips. Thing is we dont know who was wrong. Cook or Herbert but it was clearly a mis commnication. It wasnt a bad decision throw, just a mis communication throw. Got to be on the same page.

Just like AJ Green wasnt on the same page as Murray. But i see you automatically blame Herbert.
                          Cook did not look for the football at all, knowing he was "hot" and knowing we have pass blocking deficiencies.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X