• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    MW & HH are worth the same $10m/year.... Mike w/lower catch rate and more depth behind him.

send MW to Cleveland, sign Njoku in return.. Jared Cook also a consideration.

good bye to Turner & Harris... 'nother go 'round for both Casey and Linval.
    I do wonder the market for Mike Williams if he has been bandied around the league in trade talk

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

When MikeDub gets his extension hammered out, his Cap $ will reduce by $8+ in 2021.
      We will have plenty of Cap room to do whatever we want within reason.
      What a nice place to be in a flooded buyers market..........

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

What a nice place to be in a flooded buyers market..........
        I did some more math work on my personal spreadsheet - removing Turner, adding in the rookie draft class of 9 players; adding in estimates for Henry, Davis, Jenkins and even Feeney and the Chargers have more than enough friggin cap space to get some "shtuff" done .

I am not saying be stupid with your cap -- but they have enough to do some damage. And that includes keeping Harris, Hayward and Joseph on their current deals and even Mike Williams at his current deal.

But in this market, with their dollars they should be able to get some higher priced players and some nice mid level vets too. And of course veterans on the minimum

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I did some more math work on my personal spreadsheet - removing Turner, adding in the rookie draft class of 9 players; adding in estimates for Henry, Davis, Jenkins and even Feeney and the Chargers have more than enough friggin cap space to get some "shtuff" done .

I am not saying be stupid with your cap -- but they have enough to do some damage. And that includes keeping Harris, Hayward and Joseph on their current deals and even Mike Williams at his current deal.

But in this market, with their dollars they should be able to get some higher priced players and some nice mid level vets too. And of course veterans on the minimum
          Or or or
          we can cut them, collect more cap and really take advantage of our cap position and completely remodel our roster overnight to Staley’s specifications and try to win now.
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Air Coryell
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Carlsbad, CA
            • Teacher, Coach, CFO
            • Send PM

With a lower cap, Hayward and Harris are too old with diminished skills @ 10M. They need to be released. Extend MW, or move on. Keep Joseph. 1st 4 picks =
            OL, C, CB, CB; in any order.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
              I would kick the tire on him. Maybe a one or two year deal.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Or or or
                we can cut them, collect more cap and really take advantage of our cap position and completely remodel our roster overnight to Staley’s specifications and try to win now.
                I agree - though I am not going to release Hayward, Joseph or Harris until I know I have better players lined up. Luckily they have a 72 hour window to evaluate free agents before releasing Harris and Joseph for sure. But there is $25mn of cap space that I think Telesco/Staley can use better like you said, win in the next couple years

I think I am good keeping Mike Williams if they do let Hunter Henry test free agency but get that dude signed longer term - if not let him test the market

I want Telesco to have a friggin vision. I am not sure he has ever had a friggin vision of a team. I think with Staley - he has a coach that understands the NFL in the year 2021 and maybe that will help with how he does his job. The team has the QB, has a few other players, they have enough cap space - build a friggin team now . I will say Telesco has been at his best in free agency when he has signed guys like Hayward and Woodhead over big money players like Franklin, Derek Cox.

So if that means no Ryan Linsley but a lesser known OC - I can be okay with that.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                  Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                  • Feb 2019
                  • McLean Illinois
                  • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                  • Send PM

Its a blood bath in NO...hatchet swinging left and right, and their still 20mil+ over the cap....Drew Brees will have to pay the Saints to come back and play...:lol:
                  Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                    Its a blood bath in NO...hatchet swinging left and right, and their still 20mil+ over the cap....Drew Brees will have to pay the Saints to come back and play...:lol:
                    A lot of older veterans released; other veterans they pushed the money into the future. Personally, unless they have a QB in mind, not sure it was worth it to push all this cap out to try to win in 2021 unless Loomis/Payton have a QB. Maybe its Winston

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Notice how NO is trying like hell not to touch their Oline?
                      if a few players refuse to restructure, they may be forced to trade or cut some VERY good players
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2020
                        • Send PM

Not sure if mentioned before.. But Jonathan Hankins would be a nice sign in think for the right amount / years to plug into that NT role in Staley's defense.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
                          Then there's KC. Wow.

Re NO, it's not just Ramczyk/Armstead.
                          Ruiz/McCoy are great at IOL.
                          ​​​
                          The OT UFA market is getting to be more buyer friendly...lots of options.

I still want to gut our IOL.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X