• Show
Clear All
  • JOJAX85
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2018
    • Irmo, SC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I like the idea of Juju over Mike Williams -even if Juju cost a bit more.

I still see greater needs in free agency that the money can be used for. I want OL, DL and CB fortified before WR. But if the choice is paying MW an AAV of say 11 and JJSS 13m-14 - I probably take JJSS.

I see OL, SS, and if Bosa is playing the "rush type LB" - I see even a true 3-4 DE a higher priority than WR. Chargers cannot have Allen, MW and JJSS - thats too much dollars.

EDIT: JJ Watt was just released - -I think he is worth the call. Staley said that Bosa will be that Edge rusher like Klhalil Mack. The need for a true 3-4 DE is probably higher. I don't like the age but I do know Watt will be physically mentally prepared. Hmm...

Is there truly a better 3-4 DE in Free Agency than JJ Watt?
    Certainly worth the call.

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Former NFL executives to oversee unofficial scouting combine for 2021 NFL Draft prospects, per report

It'll take place at three different locations later in February

By Cody Benjamin

14 hrs ago1 min readJoe Robbins/Getty Images
      The NFL scouting combine, at least as we traditionally know it, will not happen in 2021. But a month after the league announced alternative plans for the annual draft-prospect showcase -- cancelling all in-person workouts at Indianapolis' Lucas Oil Stadium this year -- an unofficial replacement combine is now on the calendar. According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, global health and wellness company EXOS will host a two-day pro day later this month, simulating a scouting combine for potentially hundreds of 2021 draft prospects.

With oversight from former Buccaneers general manager Mark Dominik and former Panthers scouting director Don Gregory, the event is scheduled to take place Feb. 26-27, split between locations in Arizona, Florida and Texas. While the NFL's official combine plans dictated that all pre-draft in-person workouts would take place only at campus pro days, EXOS' simulated combine is set to include all traditional drills -- from 40-yard dashes to position-specific tests -- and distribute filmed results to all 32 NFL teams.

The EXOS combine results, Fowler reported, will be sent through agents and players, as NFL teams are currently prohibited from visiting third-party training sites "due to competitive inequity" amid ongoing COVID-19 restrictions.

5G built right
      Learn More
      Paid content by Verizon Wireless
      See More

EXOS, whose business partners include the NFL Players Association, is training more than 130 draft prospects this offseason, per Fowler, including projected first-round quarterback Trey Lance of North Dakota State. EXOS has trained nearly 1,000 drafted players since its inception as a worldwide program
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

Certainly worth the call.
        Even before this news came out - I looked this morning for a list of free agents DE types - but not sure which ones were 3-4 or 4-3. I am not saying the Chargers should sign JJ Watt to sign "JJ WATT" - its still about production. I mean, I am willing to possibly release Hayward as I think he slowed down last year.

Based on this list - JJ Watt might be pretty attractive. I mean Yannick N would be nice but he will want to get paid. Plus Watt is a true 3-4 DE

2021 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

We are contenders, a prerequisite says JJ. He also says he a few more great years in him.

My guess is he goes to PIT, somehow, to be with TJ and Derek.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
            We are contenders, a prerequisite says JJ. He also says he a few more great years in him.

My guess is he goes to PIT, somehow, to be with TJ and Derek.
            The Steelers are not contenders though - if being honest
            Their OL is in shambles - the Pounceys retired, Villanueva is a FA; DeCastro could be released; they will probably lose Juju

Fine if he wants to play with his brothers - totally. But if he is being honest

Green Bay
            Buffalo
            Indy
            San Francisco
            Chargers
            Tampa or KC too

Again, cool story if he wants to play with his brothers. If he wants to win -- there are better options. Cleveland makes more sense than Pittsburgh in fact

Comment

• Silversurfer
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2019
              • Los Angeles
              • Send PM

Even before this news came out - I looked this morning for a list of free agents DE types - but not sure which ones were 3-4 or 4-3. I am not saying the Chargers should sign JJ Watt to sign "JJ WATT" - its still about production. I mean, I am willing to possibly release Hayward as I think he slowed down last year.

Based on this list - JJ Watt might be pretty attractive. I mean Yannick N would be nice but he will want to get paid. Plus Watt is a true 3-4 DE

2021 NFL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac
              Lets hope no one in the AFC West gets him. We already have blocking problems.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Lets hope no one in the AFC West gets him. We already have blocking problems.
                If not the Chargers, Pittsburgh for his brothers or Green Bay in the NFC

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

There he is if we want him. No picks required. Let’s see if cost makes sense given his wear and tear.

Comment

• Lyth
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                    There he is if we want him. No picks required. Let’s see if cost makes sense given his wear and tear.
                    It's concerning though that he said he's looking for a contender. While some of us here think we're close, I don't think that's the feeling outside of this board. There's also the fact his brother has the inside info and if he feels like some other former players who have been spilling team business, he might want to avoid us all together.

I think the question is more of "does he want us?". He could price himself out of the market, but half the league is going to see if he fits. He won't have a shortage of offers.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

I like the idea of Juju over Mike Williams -even if Juju cost a bit more.

I still see greater needs in free agency that the money can be used for. I want OL, DL and CB fortified before WR. But if the choice is paying MW an AAV of say 11 and JJSS 13m-14 - I probably take JJSS.

I see OL, SS, and if Bosa is playing the "rush type LB" - I see even a true 3-4 DE a higher priority than WR. Chargers cannot have Allen, MW and JJSS - thats too much dollars.

EDIT: JJ Watt was just released - -I think he is worth the call. Staley said that Bosa will be that Edge rusher like Klhalil Mack. The need for a true 3-4 DE is probably higher. I don't like the age but I do know Watt will be physically mentally prepared. Hmm...

Is there truly a better 3-4 DE in Free Agency than JJ Watt?
                      Juju is gonna be more like 16-17 mil unless he takes a lower than market contract to be back in LA.

Watt would be nice but 9 sacks the last two seasons. How much does he have left in the tank? Maybe Staley can use him better. Idk. Risky imo as he has been hurt so often.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Arguably the best, or one of the best all-time Texans leaving this sorry excuse for an NFL franchise, with nothing in return.

Staley do your thing. Recruit him hard, sell him on your new 3-4 and make him a big part of your defense. JJ has at least three very productive years left, maybe more? You’ll never find a better man, player or building block for your defense.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Still has gas in the tank, and great leader with Bosa in that dline room...take Tillery under his wing, maybe squeeze a good player outta him...

But ultimately probably too pricey...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X