• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • perryao
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    Not woodeye.. Is your username ChargerFreak by any chance on another Chargers site? Maybe I am way off, but your comments remind me of him.
    Never mind. Someone else pointed it out. No need to pile on. haha.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Not sure why no one is picking up on this move (signing Schofield-former Bronco/Charger) and placing Bulaga on IR?

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Not sure why no one is picking up on this move (signing Schofield-former Bronco/Charger) and placing Bulaga on IR?
        There is a thread for the Bulaga/Schofield discussion.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• Bolts&noles
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

I understand there is only so much you can do about oline depth but some us where concerned about DL depth.

I wonder if they could rotate Stick or Kelley in there?
          Jk kinda

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

There is a thread for the Bulaga/Schofield discussion.
            Understand but was following Topcat discussion and only heard news late so thought appropriate. My bad

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              We picked up on it, it's just not an exciting move lol.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

We picked up on it, it's just not an exciting move lol.
                Understandable, looks like JAG. Former Charger, would assume under Telesco? Does check familiarity box as well as need, just not much else out there. Think Topcat even mentioned list above was couple weeks old so Schofield wasn’t even cut yet.

Just from little I watched, very tall and plays too upright. Better in pass pro not so hot run blocking. Not so much stiff as he just not natural knee bender. Limited abilities but mentally resilient, coachable and good swing tackle depth. Pipkins is just opposite has the physical attributes but lacks the mental game, lol :facepalm1:

Comment

• Steve
                  Administrator
                  • Jun 2013
                  • South Carolina
                  • Meteorologist
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I’d call a 300 lb man sneaking completely underneath an OL before he even knew what happened = defeating the block, but each his own i guess. unless you’re saying the lineman wasnt trying to block him?
                  I'm more pointing out that it's not how any coach would teach it. It can work, but it can easily backfire and leave a player out of the play too.

We play a 2 gap D, so the DL isn't going to be trying to avoid many blocks. the point is they need to take them on and beat the player opposite them, using their hands, feet and legs. Going AROUND a block is usually just leaving a hole.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

I'm more pointing out that it's not how any coach would teach it. It can work, but it can easily backfire and leave a player out of the play too.

We play a 2 gap D, so the DL isn't going to be trying to avoid many blocks. the point is they need to take them on and beat the player opposite them, using their hands, feet and legs. Going AROUND a block is usually just leaving a hole.
                    I don’t know I’ve ever seen that exact move before, true. I didn’t say i have. But you’ve shifted again. you can keep sliding your goalposts around until you finally hit that field goal. you said was he didnt defeat the block, yet he most certainly did. Now you’re coaching the players that beating a block doessn’t count unless they engage straight into them with, what was it, their hands, feet and legs? Did I get that right?
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Panamamike
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolts&noles View Post
                      I understand there is only so much you can do about oline depth but some us where concerned about DL depth.

I wonder if they could rotate Stick or Kelley in there?
                      Jk kinda
                      What for? Please explain the reason for your just kind of question?

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

We do not play a 2 gap.

He did split the double, just in an unusual way. He came out of 3T, slanted with the guard to quickly engage him as he's trying to shift to the second level, felt the OT not reach him yet for the pass off, and briefly ducked out before the OT could engage, and went through his primary gap assignment. Just think of it as an ultra rip. Not something to do a lot but being too low for the opposing linemen to engage is an effective mentality.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

When I saw that play, it looked like a once in a lifetime, accidental play that beat a double team You guys telling me he did that on purpose? I doubt Giff coaches to do that.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X