• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AK47
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

Agreed, from what I have seen through 3 games Tillery still cannot play the run. Need JJ back desperately. Rotate JT in on 2 and 3 and longs and at DE with Fackrell spelling Bosa and Uchenna.
    As of now 1st 2 picks: RT, DT
    The way Staley is coaching up the corners and is DJ stays healthy I am moving DT up past corner
    Trench Talent early ftw. Draft the best talent in the trenches first.

We can get DBs in the mid-late rounds/FA. I think we need to talk about the excellent value we're getting from our secondary players. Taking a closer look at Tevaughn Campbell. Dude ran a 4.35. What? Dude is 6-0 200lbs and was playing physical press man on Hill just enough to get help from up top. Dude is also playing real physical in run support (2 forced fumbles against KC). Not bad for an undrafted FA from Canada. Coaching!!

Staley is also utilizing some strengths while masking weaknesses of certain players like ummm Kyzir White. Sucks in run defense but is in a position to take advantage of his speed to make splash plays (1 sack, 2 Forced fumbles, couple of QB pressures).

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

We can get DBs in the mid-late rounds/FA. I think we need to talk about the excellent value we're getting from our secondary players. Taking a closer look at Tevaughn Campbell. Dude ran a 4.35. What? Dude is 6-0 200lbs and was playing physical press man on Hill just enough to get help from up top. Dude is also playing real physical in run support (2 forced fumbles against KC). Not bad for an undrafted FA from Canada. Coaching!!

Staley is also utilizing some strengths while masking weaknesses of certain players like ummm Kyzir White. Sucks in run defense but is in a position to take advantage of his speed to make splash plays (1 sack, 2 Forced fumbles, couple of QB pressures).

Even though I was impressed with Cambell’s athleticism in exhibition games, I was not impressed by his play. I would have probably moved him to PS to improve. I was wrong, he has stepped up and played well so far.

There is a case to be made to bring in long, fast, unknown guys at corner and train them up on the PS for two years.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• AK47
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Even though I was impressed with Cambell’s athleticism in exhibition games, I was not impressed by his play. I would have probably moved him to PS to improve. I was wrong, he has stepped up and played well so far.

There is a case to be made to bring in long, fast, unknown guys at corner and train them up on the PS for two years.
        Right?

Also look how comfortable Alohi looks. He's not thinking he's out there having fun and playing to his talent/skill set. We had had him out there on a drive where we HAD to stop Mahomes. Mahomes was never intercepted by a rookie well that game Asante and Alohi (literally a rookie to me) both got crucial picks. Reid/Mahomes eat off of rookies and to have Staley's system that allowed rookies to eat off them was the shiznit.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

campbell did great on Sunday. Want to see more of him

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Kyzir sucks in run defense?
            He has missed 3 TKLs by my count in 3 games all in run support.
            I have White with 19 combined tackles, 2 TFL. 1 QB sack, 2 QB hits, 2 FF, 1 PD, 3 MTKL, and 6 run stops.
            Kyzir’s playing about 70% of defensive snaps so his production is very solid.
            Coach Hill doesn’t call him the “bully” for no reason.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I have White with 19 combined tackles, 2 TFL. 1 QB sack, 2 QB hits, 2 FF, 1 PD, 3 MTKL, and 6 run stops.
              That may be a cry for help from Hill about something going on in defensive meetings or the film room. White isn't bullying anybody on the field

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That may be a cry for help from Hill about something going on in defensive meetings or the film room. White isn't bullying anybody on the field
                We see different things watching game film then.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Kyzir is a work in progress.
                  Big fan of drafting him where we did( 4th?) and a more than capable defender within 10 yards of the LOS.
                  He missed a lot of time with injuries early on so think he's just now settling in.
                  His tackling could certainly use improvement but it's promising that he's actually near the ball.
                  Good coaching could turn him into a plus rather than average.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

We see different things watching game film then.
                    apparently

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

He's no prime Takeo Spikes as thats a decent amount of missed tackles for a full blown starting ILB/MLB (his weakness). You ideally want to be under 10% missed tackle rate. Plus he's 216lbs. It doesn't take much to block him.

But 'll take it since his overall stats makes up for it. In other words Staley is mitigating his weaknesses but getting a whole lot of his strengths.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Having all available options @ LB should be applauded. That’s #1 availability is the best ability. #2 is drilling down best fits/skills in scheme, edge or inside, reps provide valuable data. #3 should all be formulated off match-ups that change weekly. Lot to unpack, doubt Hill is completely 100% yet probably closer to 60-70% efficiency for rep/position duties for group. If injury rears it’s ugly head, I have confidence Neumann would impact.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

He's no prime Takeo Spikes as thats a decent amount of missed tackles for a full blown starting ILB/MLB (his weakness). You ideally want to be under 10% missed tackle rate. Plus he's 216lbs. It doesn't take much to block him.

But 'll take it since his overall stats makes up for it. In other words Staley is mitigating his weaknesses but getting a whole lot of his strengths.
                          He was 216# @ the combine. He is 245# currently. K9 @246# and Tranq @240#+
                          It is 3 games into a 17+ game season of which I’m sure he/entire defense will continue to ascend.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X