• Show
Clear All
  • gzubeck
    Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
    • Jan 2019
    • Tucson, AZ
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

You're right, of course. As a Charger fan, I simply reserve the right to overpay an OT when the GM seems incapable of drafting offensive lineman, in any round.

This is Telesco's Lament.
    Telesco has a bevy of new young guns in his stable that are going to really really help on draft day!

:Cheers1:

Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Yuk. Coach Staley credits win-rate of his defense line as the key to success. I want that Trent Williams projected deal: 3-year, $63 million for starters.
      In better news...

Per PFF
      Best Pass Rush Win Rate since start of 2019.
      --#1 Aaron Donald 23.2%.
      --#2 Joey Bosa 23.1%.

And Derwin was the working model for Ramsey's 2020 LAR role as STAR.

We gonna play some D.
      Let's get the complementary pieces we need.
      EDGE (versatile)
      JJ III (Green Dot)
      4i (big n chonky)
      Athletic LB (another one)
      CB (upgrade)
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

In better news...

Per PFF
        Best Pass Rush Win Rate since start of 2019.
        --#1 Aaron Donald 23.2%.
        --#2 Joey Bosa 23.1%.

And Derwin was the working model for Ramsey's 2020 LAR role as STAR.

We gonna play some D.
        Let's get the complementary pieces we need.
        EDGE (versatile) Jaelen Phillips
        JJ III (Green Dot) Derwin/K9/Rayshawn
        4i (big n chonky) Alim McNeill
        Athletic LB (another one) Baron Browning
        CB (upgrade) Ifeatu Melifonwu
        I got you covered wood with the exception of JJIII.

What are your thoughts on Cortez Broughton as a 4I? He and Justin Jones have a size / skillset for it.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

What are your thoughts on Cortez Broughton as a 4I? He and Justin Jones have a size / skillset for it.
          Can they occupy two blockers ?
          IDK We talked to Darius Stills, Alim-like.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

And don't forget Breiden Fehoko. Pretty sure he played as a 3-4 DE for LSU.
            I think we have the beef at DE. And as much as I loathe Tillery, I don't think TT is willing to give up "the last 1st round graded player" of the 2019 NFL draft.
            Along the DL, I'd be looking for a 3-4 DE to spell Bosa... someone better than Rochelle.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I think we have the beef at DE. And as much as I loathe Tillery, I don't think TT is willing to give up "the last 1st round graded player" of the 2019 NFL draft.
              Along the DL, I'd be looking for a 3-4 DE to spell Bosa... someone better than Rochelle.
              Agreed.

I have a draft crush on Jaelen Phillips.
              Multidimensional elite talent.
              Skillset, athleticism, size, speed and physicality to play DE, OLB, drop into zones, and to rush inside on 3rd down.

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

What does everyone think of Samson Ebukam as a FA target?

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

What does everyone think of Samson Ebukam as a FA target?
                  Samson could be worth a look. Nice player to have in the rotation...might become a starter...good thing is he knows Staley's system.

Ebukam, a fourth round pick out of Eastern Washington in 2017, didn’t have the same health issues holding him back like Okoronkwo has. And in his second season, Ebukam put up 40 tackles, three sacks, six QB hits, three forced fumbles and an interception. Not fantastic, but numbers will be deceptive, especially for a 3-4 inside linebacker.

Then Ebukam did have knee surgery following the 2018 season and while his numbers improved last year (48 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 10 QB hits and four passes defensed), he couldn’t hold off 33-year-old Clay Matthews for playing time and his playing time went down from 69-percent to 51-percent of the defensive snaps from the year before.

Through six games in 2020 in Staley’s defense, Ebukam is playing in 42-percent of the snaps. The lowest amount since his rookie season. Ebukam played in 53 snaps in Week 1 but has played in 47 snaps over the last three weeks combined.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Samson could be worth a look. Nice player to have in the rotation...might become a starter...good thing is he knows Staley's system.

Ebukam, a fourth round pick out of Eastern Washington in 2017, didn’t have the same health issues holding him back like Okoronkwo has. And in his second season, Ebukam put up 40 tackles, three sacks, six QB hits, three forced fumbles and an interception. Not fantastic, but numbers will be deceptive, especially for a 3-4 inside linebacker.

Then Ebukam did have knee surgery following the 2018 season and while his numbers improved last year (48 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 10 QB hits and four passes defensed), he couldn’t hold off 33-year-old Clay Matthews for playing time and his playing time went down from 69-percent to 51-percent of the defensive snaps from the year before.

Through six games in 2020 in Staley’s defense, Ebukam is playing in 42-percent of the snaps. The lowest amount since his rookie season. Ebukam played in 53 snaps in Week 1 but has played in 47 snaps over the last three weeks combined.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/1...s-pass-rushers
                    Knows Staley's system? To me, this reads like he knows how to get benched in Staley's system...but if we are talking quality depth...sure.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

In looking at current DL that are free agents - so some players like possibly Barnett from the Eagles have not been released (he might have his contract rescinded) - but based on the current list - its why JJ Watt was appealing. Now, I think he goes to a team with probably a better chance on paper to win like the Packers or Bills - -but he would be a solid DE thats for sure

Other than Leonard Williams, Watt was the best player I could see even at his age.

Maybe the kid from Wake Forest - Basham - as a true -3-4 DE type

I just think until all the players are released and the cap is set - its hard to figure out the options.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Knows Staley's system? To me, this reads like he knows how to get benched in Staley's system...but if we are talking quality depth...sure.
                        DaVondre Campbell might be cheap depth at LB too besides Samson. Campbell was with the Falcons I think before last year with the Cardinals. He played for STaley at Hutchinson JC back in the day.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

New sign at LAC Offices.
                          "Welcome to the Family"
                          Rochell NFLMOY nominee.
                          He's not going anywhere.
                          Late round Notre Dame.
                          Does a variety of things inside and at DE, and in the community.

Comment

Working...
                          X