Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltUp InLA View Post
    This may sound goofy, but solid offensive tackles are tough to come by.. How about bringing back Okung, He will be 33 I believe by next October, which is not bad. He has certainly missed some time the last couple of seasons, but when healthy he can be a solid piece. Although I like the 2021 Offensive Tackle class, outside of Sewell, there is some risk there at 13. Okung can at least provide a stop gap for a season or so.

T RUSSELL OKUNG

The former No. 6 overall pick of the Seattle Seahawks has more than lived up to the billing. Now in his eleventh season and on his fourth team, Okung hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down when healthy. Over the last three years, Okung ranks as a slightly above-average pass-blocker and an above-average run-blocker, and he remains a valuable player at an important position.

Okung was traded from the Los Angeles Chargers to the Carolina Panthers before the 2020 season and has filled in seamlessly when he’s been available.

The veteran has earned a pass-blocking grade above 70.0 — with five grades above 75.0 — in each of the six games he has started in 2020. Coincidentally, he’s also recorded a pass-blocking grade of 71.0 or higher — with five grades above 75.0 — over his last six seasons.

Okung is now 33 but appears to be one of the many recent stalwart pass-protecting tackles who age very well and play long into their 30s if desired. He was one of the original players in recent years to negotiate his own contract (with help from advisors), so a perhaps unorthodox structure wouldn’t be surprising as his career winds down.
    I like to keep all options open, frankly I take a lot of heat for doing so but as a competitive business at the highest level I think it’s important to explore all options
    on Okung in particular I think both TT and Okung are professional enough to consider each other but I think we’re asking for too much.
    when you trade a player away, imo you’re comfortable severing that relationship, it’s not personal, but suddenly you have to move your family across the country and have your kids start new schools, it’s a big mess, especially for old vets
    but the biggest reason I say no thanks to Okung is the health aspect, he’s too old and big to be expected a health resurgence
    ill roll the dice on some health concerns but for someone so close to retiring, I wouldn’t want to
    health has to be prioritized with our history, especially on Oline, that’s why tackle is so important to me because I’m not depending on Bulaga either, as far as I’m concerned, we need 2 starters
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That seems like a lot of moves for very little cap space. What source are you using - Spotrac or Over the Cap?

Maybe I am missing something but not sure this works cap wise. The Chargers per Over the Cap are 30m under the cap at 185
      adding in Turner, Hayward (I don't see a trade market for him -but he can be released - same with Jackson) - that adds 22m to the cap - so thats 52 m under
      I see your totals add up to 56m and that doesn't include draft picks

Bulaga is not going to be touched - his cap hit is 11m - guaranteed salary plus 3.33m of signing bonus. No need to kick the can on this guy to lower his cap.

I don't think Vigil needs to be paid that much. I like the Griffin signing if you release Casey Hayward but I would be good with Troy Hill or Ronald Darby and signing John Johnson III over Jenkins

Your values for MW, Davis, Hunter and Rayshawn are pretty much in line with what is realistic

I like the idea of Feiler but not sure they can get all three OL - some will have to come from the draft.

Overall, I think its pretty solid though and I like the use of colors and dollars and cap hits - well thought out!
      I use Spotrac.
      They have a team building function that allows you to calculate cuts, FA additions, contract restructures, etc. It makes for an easy changes and gives an upto the minute Cap accounting.
      My contract and Cap $ figures where put in and what I listed was the result. Edit - I didn’t account for the $8M difference from my estimate versus the $193 Spotrac currently has. Thanks. I’ll correct it. May have to restructure or cut either L. Joseph or CHJR.
      If Vigil costs less even better. He did make $3 last season.
      I have 3 Oline draft picks and 3 FA pickups.

*UPDATED - correct Total Team Cap $
      If more space is needed we can offset some Cap Hit $ from (G) or (SB) contract structures

CAP TOTALS VIA SPOTRAC ROSTER TOOL
      • Total Available Cap:$193,072,299
      • Total Team Cap $:$173,114,651
      • Cap Space:$19,957,648
      • Total Savings:$36,841,250
      Last edited by like54ninjas; 02-18-2021, 05:38 PM.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Value wise, Hill may come out of this a lot cheaper
        and if the plan is for Derwin to wear the GD than it makes sense that we target an actual CB
        Familiarity doesn’t mean an upgrade.
        Let Staley the genius coach Derwin, Jenkins, Adderley, Davis. I’ll wager the result will be better than the 2020 Rams secondary.

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          Nicely detailed ninja
          do you think Jags would have interest in Heyward and JJ?
          Would Bulaga’a restructuring lower what he makes in 2021? If so, I don’t see that happening unless we can offer him more guaranteed money, he’s got a good agent
          I like the youth movement in FA
          Good call out. I’m going to have to relook at the contracts of Bulaga, Harris, and Joseph.

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Let Staley the genius coach Derwin, Jenkins, Adderley, Davis. I’ll wager the result will be better than the 2020 Rams secondary.
            Agree, nobody on that Rams defense was familiar with his system before last year and as I said before, I think we have more talent on our defense overall than they do.

Again I don't think whoever calls the defensive calls is that big a deal and Derwin will likely do it.

I just hope he is healthy all season.
            Last edited by Boltjolt; 02-18-2021, 05:33 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
              Bolt Spit-Baller
              • Sep 2018
              • A Whale's Vajayjay
              • CMB refugee
              • Send PM

Ya I think you misunderstood me, I think we’re good at S and don’t need JJ3, which seems to be everyone’s natural connection in FA but would also be pricey
              I think if you wanted a DB with some upside and familiarity with Staley’s Rams system, why not consider Troy Hill who would be significantly cheaper (I think) and add talent to specifically our CBs
              David/Hill 1&2 vs Heyward/Davis
              Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Agree, nobody on that Rams defense was familiar with his system before last year and as I said before, I think we have more talent on our defense overall than they do.

Again I don't think whoever calls the defensive calls is that big a deal and Derwin will likely do it.

I just hope he is healthy all season. But I'll say..... Whoever they sign from Jenkins, Johnson is fine with me but Jenkins has more size.
                Jenkins has size, speed, length but about equal in agility/flexibility and short area quickness.
                I like Rayshawn more.

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

I use Spotrac.
                  They have a team building function that allows you to calculate cuts, FA additions, contract restructures, etc. It makes for an easy changes and gives an upto the minute Cap accounting.
                  My contract and Cap $ figures where put in and what I listed was the result. Edit - I didn’t account for the $8M difference from my estimate versus the $193 Spotrac currently has. Thanks. I’ll correct it. May have to restructure or cut either L. Joseph or CHJR.
                  If Vigil costs less even better. He did make $3 last season.
                  I have 3 Oline draft picks and 3 FA pickups.
                  I thought Vigil made 2.3 mil last season (OTC figure) and why I gave him 2.6 when I did mine.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I thought Vigil made 2.3 mil last season (OTC figure) and why I gave him 2.6 when I did mine.
                    Spotrac has him at $2.4 with an additional $600K in bonuses. $3 total.

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Spotrac has him at $2.4 with an additional $600K in bonuses. $3 total.
                      Well damn, OTC says 3 mil as well. Now I don't know where I saw 2.3 at lol.

My bad I guess.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

So when is Jenkins getting his Green Dot ?

:blahblah:
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          So when is Jenkins getting his Green Dot ?

:blahblah:
                          At the end of TC.

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X