• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Minnesota picking 14 - he might be there at 15. But I hope Hoodie wants to trade up and get him. 5 QBs in the first 12 picks plus Pitts, Smith, Chase, Sewell and the CBs please
    Its not Minnesota he should be worried about though they could draft a QB too. But not only to jump them but if it is at pick 12 they may want to make sure Washington or Chicago, or anybody else dont jump to our pick.

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Its not Minnesota he should be worried about though they could draft a QB too. But not only to jump them but if it is at pick 12 they may want to make sure Washington or Chicago, or anybody else dont jump to our pick.
      If TT is smart, he should have possible trade deals set up ahead of time for picks 2-5 or so, leading some GM's (and spies for other teams) to believe he's ready to sell the farm for Sewell...then, when those picks come up, he passes...then Slater falls into our lap...the old bluff trick...

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

AJ inherited nothing. His best friend, John Butler died of lung cancer, and the 2003 draft was John's last draft. AJ was the assistant GM. That first line is so far off-base, just wow.

I was a mod here during AJ's hiring. Chargers didn't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of before Butler/AJ Smith arrived.
        Yup. AJ’s problem in the 2003 draft was listening to Marty and sticking to Butler’s plan. This team turned it around because of the 2004 offseason. Too bad things took a turn starting in 2007.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Lol

Comment

• like54ninjas
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2017
            • Great White North
            • Draftnik
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Jorgecasas10 View Post
            I dont think todd gurley is injury prone
            he has played at least 13 games every season which is a good number for a RB
            also he is really good at scoring and that is something that has been lacking in the chargers RBs since tomlinson
            He has a degenerative knee. No thanks.
            My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
            K9
            Nasir
            Tillery
            Parham
            Reed

Comment

• MagicMamba88
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

wonder how much for Curtis Samuel.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Lol
                That was a very helpful sheet from Popper. And since he has about 10m or so between paying the rookies and a $7m slush season fund - the Chargers have a legitimate $18m to spend in free agency. Again, do not need to be stupid and spend it unwisely. But Telesco still can improve the roster with strategic moves (CB, TE and more OL please)

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                  wonder how much for Curtis Samuel.
                  ask me at 1:01pm

Good player. I thought he might have signed by now as thought he would be cheaper than like Golladay, Juju and Fuller.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

AJ Green to the Desert

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Yup. AJ’s problem in the 2003 draft was listening to Marty and sticking to Butler’s plan. This team turned it around because of the 2004 offseason. Too bad things took a turn starting in 2007.
                      I remember screaming at the TV after we drafted Larry English in 2009. Wanted Michael Oher that year. My girlfriend thought I’d lost my shit. She was pretty much correct.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

AJ inherited nothing. His best friend, John Butler died of lung cancer, and the 2003 draft was John's last draft. AJ was the assistant GM. That first line is so far off-base, just wow.

I was a mod here during AJ's hiring. Chargers didn't have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of before Butler/AJ Smith arrived.
                        I strongly disagree. Butler 1st two picks in 2002
                        Tomlinson and Brees. And added Marty.
                        The following year Butler passed away less than a month before the 2003 draft. Smith traded back from 15 to 30 and draft Sammy Davis. Butler would have simply drafted Troy Polamolu because he was that good at his job. And I believe it was Butler who did his homework prior to the 2003 draft and was really interested in Antonio Gates out of Kent State who Chargers got as a UDFA in 2003. They also add Kris Dielman as udfa in 2003. And Marty switch him to other side of the ball.

What could have been if Butler remained?

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• eaterfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That was a very helpful sheet from Popper. And since he has about 10m or so between paying the rookies and a $7m slush season fund - the Chargers have a legitimate $18m to spend in free agency. Again, do not need to be stupid and spend it unwisely. But Telesco still can improve the roster with strategic moves (CB, TE and more OL please)
                          In addition to the $7 million to go into the season with, I really wouldn't mind the Chargers saving some money for the post June 1st cuts. There may be some real bargains there, too.

I think at this point I'm just waiting a week and seeing who is out there for a steal.

Comment

Working...
                          X