Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
    Here’s my own list of FAs that I think we could still target:

Reilly Reiff: Unless we’re sure to draft our LT of the future at #13, this seems like a no brainer. Villanueva to a lesser extent—I’d shy away from him. If we do end up with a player like Slater, AVT, Little, or Darrisaw at #13 then I think it’d make sense to retain Tevi as a back up/swing tackle. Tevi’s not good, only decent, but he could be more serviceable with Feiler and Linsley on the OL. Drafting an OT in round 2 or later calls for a solid veteran presence like Reiff.

Austin Blythe or Larry Warford for the starting RG position. Immediate plug and play options.

Nick Easton for depth at RG.

Jermaine Eluemunor: same reason as above, but with RT flexibility. However we already have that with Feiler.

Jared Cook: at this point, he is my choice for a vet TE. Minimal one year vet contract only. We’ll have to address TE in the draft whether we like it or not. I see Freirmuth, Long, or Tremble as the most viable options to compliment Parham.

Anthony Harris: Staley’s defense uses multiple safety looks. Harris is a crafty one who seems like a great fit.

Kelvin King: Hit or miss on this guy. His skill set is a lot like Davis but suffers from critical lapses in concentration. Just watch his last game with GB.

Troy Hill: A fit for obvious reasons. Experience with Staley’s scheme. Already 29 but still plays very aggressive and is a great tackler. Versatile. Outside experience but excels in the slot. Let him compete for field time with Chris Harris. Provides a good security blanket for his injuries.

Adoree Jackson: another boom or bust FA corner. Not a great tackler and injury prone. But he’s shown flashes of brilliance when healthy, especially in man to man coverage. If we can get him cheap let him compete with whatever rookie CB we draft (hopefully in the 2nd round).

Lawrence Guy: Solid run stuffing depth piece on the DL. Who else do we have behind Tillery, Jones and Linval. Guy would be excellent depth.

There’s still some viable options out there.

Who am I missing??
    I'd add Brevin Jordon to the TEs to draft. He is a serviceable blocker though he isn't Tremble who is probably arguably the best blocking TE in the draft who is also athletic,.. but as a pass catcher Jordon can be and was moved out in the slot as well as a inline TE.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Haha are the Tremble blocking videos going around? Dude just kills guys.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Reilly Reiff: Unless we’re sure to draft our LT of the future at #13, this seems like a no brainer. Villanueva to a lesser extent—I’d shy away from him. If we do end up with a player like Slater, AVT, Little, or Darrisaw at #13 then I think it’d make sense to retain Tevi as a back up/swing tackle. Tevi’s not good, only decent, but he could be more serviceable with Feiler and Linsley on the OL. Drafting an OT in round 2 or later calls for a solid veteran presence like Reiff.

Austin Blythe or Larry Warford for the starting RG position. Immediate plug and play options.

Nick Easton for depth at RG.

Jermaine Eluemunor: same reason as above, but with RT flexibility. However we already have that with Feiler.

Jared Cook: at this point, he is my choice for a vet TE. Minimal one year vet contract only. We’ll have to address TE in the draft whether we like it or not. I see Freirmuth, Long, or Tremble as the most viable options to compliment Parham.

Anthony Harris: Staley’s defense uses multiple safety looks. Harris is a crafty one who seems like a great fit.

Kelvin King: Hit or miss on this guy. His skill set is a lot like Davis but suffers from critical lapses in concentration. Just watch his last game with GB.

Troy Hill: A fit for obvious reasons. Experience with Staley’s scheme. Already 29 but still plays very aggressive and is a great tackler. Versatile. Outside experience but excels in the slot. Let him compete for field time with Chris Harris. Provides a good security blanket for his injuries.

Adoree Jackson: another boom or bust FA corner. Not a great tackler and injury prone. But he’s shown flashes of brilliance when healthy, especially in man to man coverage. If we can get him cheap let him compete with whatever rookie CB we draft (hopefully in the 2nd round).

Lawrence Guy: Solid run stuffing depth piece on the DL. Who else do we have behind Tillery, Jones and Linval. Guy would be excellent depth.

Who am I missing??
          CB - Fabian Moreau, Darquese Dennard

DS - Is a position group that can wait till after the draft.

​​​​​​​OL - Like you options listed. We need to add 1 more piece but can wait until a great deal/player is on a bargain deal.

​​​​​​​TE - Jared Cook is my top option in FA on a short term deal and to draft 1-2 more for depth/future.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Butler did really well. Those were great draft days for us in hindsight. He traded that #1 ( Vick ) to ATL, He took Ladanian Tomlinson and Drew Brees in that draft, 2 HOFers likely.

They got PR/WR Tim Dwight and in 2002 the extra #2 pick added WR Reche Caldwell.

AJs 2003 team and draft were awful and we were back picking in the top 10 in the 2004 draft. It is only because Eli Manning didn't want to play in SD that really saved AJ's career. We took Eli and traded w NY for Rivers and got an extra #3 in 2004 ( Nick Hardwick good move) and an extra #1 in the 2005 draft which turned into starter Luis Castillo. AJ then had Marty fired after a 12-4 season.
            Actually, the pick we got from NYG in 2005 was #12 and ended up being Shawne Merriman. We took Castillo with our own pick at 28.

AJ fired Marty after we went 14-2 in 2006.

In 2003 we drafted Scifres. Our UDFA included Stephen Cooper, Kasim Osgood, Kris Dielman, and Gates. Bad draft looking at drafted players. But when you consider UDFA, that might be one of the greatest UDFA hauls ever.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I'd add Brevin Jordon to the TEs to draft. He is a serviceable blocker though he isn't Tremble who is probably arguably the best blocking TE in the draft who is also athletic,.. but as a pass catcher Jordon can be and was moved out in the slot as well as a inline TE.
              Yeah good call. Forgot about Brevin.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

They've studied it and over time basically everyone drafts the same. The key is getting a lot of picks and drafting the more valuable positions instead of drafting the best player available.
                one of if not the most informed comment I've read on this board in some time.... thank you,

drafting for need is an age old recipe for cellar dwelling....

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Who am I missing??
                  think there's going to be a surfeit of FAs, and surely at our positions of need.... OT, WR2, TE, QB2.... hope we're going heavy on the defensive side of the ball in the draft.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Actually, the pick we got from NYG in 2005 was #12 and ended up being Shawne Merriman. We took Castillo with our own pick at 28.

AJ fired Marty after we went 14-2 in 2006.

In 2003 we drafted Scifres. Our UDFA included Stephen Cooper, Kasim Osgood, Kris Dielman, and Gates. Bad draft looking at drafted players. But when you consider UDFA, that might be one of the greatest UDFA hauls ever.
                    Sorry. Up late here and tired I was too lazy to look up all the exact details. Credit Marty for developing a lot of those UDFA too. Deilman was A DT Marty converted to OG. Osgood a WR who became a great gunner. Gates hadn't even played football in college.

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I can see us trading down and getting Belicheat’s 3rd to swap 1sts.
                      guessin' he'll want one of our sixes back in return.... if not our seventh on top of that ??

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

guessin' he'll want one of our sixes back in return.... if not our seventh on top of that ??
                        Nah. If there’s only one of the five QBs left (Mac Jones most likely) we’ll hold all the leverage. Bellichek will have to kiss Telesco’s ring. 3rd rounder minimum.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Im telling you, Chase to the Bengals....Sewell may get within striking distance...
                          think Chase is close to a lock to the Fins.... Waddle to Burrow,

Comment

Working...
                          X