• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Chris Harris was a starter at outside CB in DEN. King was an all pro slot corner one year. Just too bad either way
    Harris played both at Denver. Said he liked the slot better and was told thats where he would play here. He dont think he will be a outside CB for us.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Wow they got him to do it. Id think he would want a chance to compete for a starting job elsewhere.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2019
        • Ontario , Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Harris played both at Denver. Said he liked the slot better and was told thats where he would play here. He dont think he will be a outside CB for us.
        Either way King was an all pro at the position. You would think they could have accommodated everyone but unfortunately not.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Steven Nelson was released by the Steelers - he was due to make $8.25m

Similar size as Casey Hayward (5'11 190ish)
          a bit faster coming out of college - Hayward was 4.57; Nelson 4.49
          of course Casey has been a very good player up until this last year
          four years younger

Again not sure if he fits the style of player Staley wants to run but I like the age compared to Butler, Sherman, - just turned 28 in January
          Telesco - give him a call

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            Wow they got him to do it. Id think he would want a chance to compete for a starting job elsewhere.

Tells me he probably couldn't get much more on the backup QB market. Alex Smith might be the same; Chase Daniels could be $2m

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Tells me he probably couldn't get much more on the backup QB market. Alex Smith might be the same; Chase Daniels could be $2m
              Tyrod got 2/12, id think Mariota could get that as a chance to be a starter somewhere.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

four years younger

Again not sure if he fits the style of player Staley wants to run but I like the age compared to Butler, Sherman, - just turned 28 in January
                Nelson played ball and ran track at juco--the College of the Sequoias in Visalia, Calif. I know his ex-girlfriend who also was on the COS track team...he may like the idea of returning to Calif...might be worth giving him a call...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Nelson played ball and ran track at juco--the College of the Sequoias in Visalia, Calif. I know his ex-girlfriend who also was was on the COS track team...he may like the idea of returning to Calif...might be worth giving him a call...
                  If he fits - maybe a multiple year deal - keep the cap number lower. Only 28 so a good depth piece next year since Harris will be a FA after this year.

Comment

• Longrobbdiego
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2020
                    • Send PM

four years younger

By cutting this guy, Steelers create enough cap space that they could possibly re-sign Villanueva to a deal with voidable future years. I hope TT jumps on the Villanueva thing and gets him out here, (as well as draft a LT in the 1st), and then yeah, take a look at this Nelson guy if he is a scheme fit. The money should be there I think.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Either way King was an all pro at the position. You would think they could have accommodated everyone but unfortunately not.
                      That was when DJ was playing. He got exposed when DJ was out for the year.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

That was when DJ was playing. He got exposed when DJ was out for the year.
                        The Titans didnt even resign him so.....

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Longrobbdiego View Post

By cutting this guy, Steelers create enough cap space that they could possibly re-sign Villanueva to a deal with voidable future years. I hope TT jumps on the Villanueva thing and gets him out here, (as well as draft a LT in the 1st), and then yeah, take a look at this Nelson guy if he is a scheme fit. The money should be there I think.
                          Think I’d rather have Nelson on a three contract similar to Davis and let Steelers resign Villanueva. Hope Telesco agrees!

Comment

Working...
                          X