• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltingUP View Post
    I'm afraid when it comes to the Steven Nelson's of the world the call goes like this:

TT: Steven we would be thrilled to have you join the Chargers. We are willing to make a significant investment for your services.
    SN: Thanks Tom, you have a great team out there with Herbert and all......
    SN: Don't you guys play home games in front of 80% hostile crowds. I remember you playing the Steelers Renegade song at your home stadium while we were really kicking your butt to begin the 4th quarter. It was a nice tribute to our Steelers fans that dominated the crowd.
    TT: We are opening in a new stadium
    SN: Do you expect it to be filled with Chargers fans?
    TT: [Silence]
    SN: Ill get back to you Tom
    TT: Hold on, at least hear our offer.
    SN: Okay, show me the money!
    TT: We'll give you that same $8.5 mil you were due to make with the Steelers this coming season, plus we'll raise you to $10 mil next season, and throw in a $3 mil signing bonus, with our option of a third year at $12 mil, PLUS an extra $1 mil if we get to the championship game.
    SN: Okay, u got a deal.

There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I’m talking about the 2018 season when both DK and DJ played together. DK’s number were off the charts. Then 2019 happened, DJ was out 11 games and DK stats came crashing down.
      Yep...the King has been dethroned...more like the Court Jester now...

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I’m talking about the 2018 season when both DK and DJ played together. DK’s number were off the charts. Then 2019 happened, DJ was out 11 games and DK stats came crashing down.
        King's poor play in 2019 was due to several factors beyond the absence of James. He didn't turn it around the final few games of 2019 with James on the field.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Ontario , Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He was an all pro in 2018. Had a down year in 2019. And then complained his way out in 2020. It’s not like the team that traded for him was dying to keep him either.
          He was ranked #14 by PFF in 2017 for all CBs too actually. So 2 good years one down year. Not to be dismissed that easily.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

King's poor play in 2019 was due to several factors beyond the absence of James. He didn't turn it around the final few games of 2019 with James on the field.
            I thought they should have kept King. He wasn’t flawless but he’d given the team some good play. I couldn’t tell if 2019 was all him or perhaps Gus was contributing. But its not like we lost Deon Fricken Sanders or something,

James on the field ... i wonder what that is like.
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Some decent veterans still on the CB market. Not sure who the right fit for the Chargers is but they have the cap space to be selective and get the right player. Of the group below - Bouye has knowledge with HIll and Staley from Denver (but I think suspended two more games in 2021); Nelson might be nice. Of the "older guys" - I think Butler over Sherman, McCourty and Norman. I guess the Chargers could bring back Hayward with that new CBA cap rule about veterans counting less against the cap - but not sure if that works if the player is released and brought back

Richard Sherman, Steven Nelson, Casey Hayward, K'Waun Williams, Malcolm Butler, AJ Buoye, Jason McCourty, Bashaud Breeland, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Brian Poole, Josh Norman.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I thought they should have kept King. He wasn’t flawless but he’d given the team some good play. I couldn’t tell if 2019 was all him or perhaps Gus was contributing. But its not like we lost Deon Fricken Sanders or something,

James on the field ... i wonder what that is like.
                I was a huge advocate for drafting King, and was pleased with his play...but I get the feeling he is a malcontent...that squeaky wheel got himself greased right out of town...evidently the Titans came to the same conclusion?
                The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Xenos
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

He was ranked #14 by PFF in 2017 for all CBs too actually. So 2 good years one down year. Not to be dismissed that easily.
                  Apparently quite easily if you’re the Chargers and Titans. And it was two down years.

Comment

• Cdn Bolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Ontario , Canada
                    • Send PM

Apparently quite easily if you’re the Chargers and Titans. And it was two down years.
                    Nope. He was ranked 3rd best coverage CB by PFF since 2018. Not like TEN and LAC are exactly stellar w their personnel moves either.

Anyway,having dealt away the 3rd best CB per PFF , time to get a replacement

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-trade-d...orleans-saints

"Now for the big move in the AFC — Desmond King II has long been a favorite of PFF's. The versatile defensive back can line up all over the secondary, excelling in the slot at cornerback and as a safety. King’s 90.5 coverage grade since 2018 ranks third among cornerbacks with at least 200 coverage snaps, behind Stephon Gilmore and Bears’ depth corner Sherrick McManis."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
                      Some decent veterans still on the CB market. Not sure who the right fit for the Chargers is but they have the cap space to be selective and get the right player. Of the group below - Bouye has knowledge with HIll and Staley from Denver (but I think suspended two more games in 2021); Nelson might be nice. Of the "older guys" - I think Butler over Sherman, McCourty and Norman. I guess the Chargers could bring back Hayward with that new CBA cap rule about veterans counting less against the cap - but not sure if that works if the player is released and brought back

Richard Sherman, Steven Nelson, Casey Hayward, K'Waun Williams, Malcolm Butler, AJ Buoye, Jason McCourty, Bashaud Breeland, Nickell Robey-Coleman, Brian Poole, Josh Norman.
                      Id only be interested in Bouye or Nelson. I wont pine for Sherman but if Staley thinks he has gas left, ok......... but if he signs elsewhere, i wont care either.

Comment

• Xenos
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Cdn Bolt View Post

Nope. He was ranked 3rd best coverage CB by PFF since 2018. Not like TEN and LAC are exactly stellar w their personnel moves either.

Anyway,having dealt away the 3rd best CB per PFF , time to get a replacement

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-trade-d...orleans-saints

"Now for the big move in the AFC — Desmond King II has long been a favorite of PFF's. The versatile defensive back can line up all over the secondary, excelling in the slot at cornerback and as a safety. King’s 90.5 coverage grade since 2018 ranks third among cornerbacks with at least 200 coverage snaps, behind Stephon Gilmore and Bears’ depth corner Sherrick McManis."
                        So yeah, this is why it’s hard to take PFF seriously sometimes. King was not the third best coverage CB in 2019 and 2020. Two down years.
                        Edit: maybe we should get Sherrick McManis then since he’s 2nd overall since 2018 lol.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

So yeah, this is why it’s hard to take PFF seriously sometimes. King was not the third best coverage CB in 2019 and 2020. Two down years.
                          Edit: maybe we should get Sherrick McManis then since he’s 2nd overall since 2018 lol.
                          Yeah i dont get that. I dont know how they grade but McMannis has 3 career INTs in 10 years and 8 passes defended in those 10 years and he had 1 of each last season.

He played in 11 games last season and only 9 the previous season.

Its like grading a RB having the highest YPC in the league while only having 50 carries and two were for 40 yards each to make it look higher.

Sometimes PFF had a legit looking stat and then a lot of times i see shit like that.

Comment

Working...
                          X