• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Cardiff - Poipu
    • Send PM

We have a thread in the health section for covid and vaccine discussions related to the Bolts. I moved some posts. One of them felt like a blatant slap in my face knowing thats where that stuff goes. As well as using a news piece to slam others for their opinions on vax's. Please just use that thread for vax discussions.

And for the record im vaxxed. So this isnt a side im taking.

Comment

• Velo
      Ride!
      • Aug 2019
      • Everywhere
      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
      We have a thread in the health section for covid and vaccine discussions related to the Bolts. I moved some posts. One of them felt like a blatant slap in my face knowing thats where that stuff goes. As well as using a news piece to slam others for their opinions on vax's. Please just use that thread for vax discussions.

And for the record im vaxxed. So this isnt a side im taking.
      Some of us may not have known discussing this was an issue. In my case, I was simply stating my pleasure that the team is not going to be at a competitive disadvantage and I am grateful for that. I won't mention it again.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Some of us may not have known discussing this was an issue. In my case, I was simply stating my pleasure that the team is not going to be at a competitive disadvantage and I am grateful for that. I won't mention it again.
        Thats all you said? lol You alluded to the fact that those opposed to vaccines are not smart. Which is fine...thats your opinion...but that tactic alone will cause some to tell you their opinions on your judgement of them. This is how the flame wars start.

I think you know what you did. lol

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Fleet, you are a great mod. Truly.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Velo
            Ride!
            • Aug 2019
            • Everywhere
            • Send PM

Thats all you said? lol You alluded to the fact that those opposed to vaccines are not smart. Which is fine...thats your opinion...but that tactic alone will cause some to tell you their opinions on your judgement of them. This is how the flame wars start.

I think you know what you did. lol
            With all due respect, I believe you are projecting a meaning onto my comment that was not intended. I am simply happy that the team is not going have any competitive barriers. It was not a commentary on anybody's position on anything. I do apologize if what I wrote caused any dissension.

Comment

• like54ninjas
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2017
              • Great White North
              • Draftnik
              • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
              K9
              Nasir
              Tillery
              Parham
              Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Pressers…….

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

With all due respect, I believe you are projecting a meaning onto my comment that was not intended. I am simply happy that the team is not going have any competitive barriers. It was not a commentary on anybody's position on anything. I do apologize if what I wrote caused any dissension.
                  Ok well then if thats the case im sorry. But going forward those discussions have to go there. You are also speaking a different language right? I want to say Italian. French maybe? I thought we had discussed that.

Im not coming down on you or anything. And i know i come off really hardcore against those topics...i just have to sort of sacrifice Flet the good guy these days to moderate a forum that can easily go up in flames in regards to a few sensitive topics.

Aloha bruddah.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

Ok well then if thats the case im sorry. But going forward those discussions have to go there. You are also speaking a different language right? I want to say Italian. French maybe? I thought we had discussed that.

Im not coming down on you or anything. And i know i come off really hardcore against those topics...i just have to sort of sacrifice Flet the good guy these days to moderate a forum that can easily go up in flames in regards to a few sensitive topics.

Aloha bruddah.
                    Thank you. I enjoy the forum and would hate to lose it. There isn't another place like it for Chargers fans. :Cheers1:

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Thank you. I enjoy the forum and would hate to lose it. There isn't another place like it for Chargers fans. :Cheers1:
                        Banning you was never an option. And we love having you.

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

There is no doubt about who the team's All-Pro reporter is. I don't recall a better training camp report than this.

Chargers training camp report, Day 2: Competition’s heating up, Joey Bosa’s new tricks and more

By Daniel Popper 1h ago 5

COSTA MESA, Calif. — The Chargers held their second practice of training camp Thursday morning at Jack R. Hammett Sports Complex.
                          Here are my observations.

Offense and defense trade blows

Competition started to heat up during team drills, with both the offense and defense producing big plays. The defense was dominating early before the offense fought back later in the period.
                          The Chargers opened the team-drill portion of practice with 7-on-7. During Justin Herbert’s first series, Kyzir White clamped down on Jared Cook on a short stop route over the middle. Cook secured the catch, but White smothered him right as the ball arrived, holding him to a 2-yard gain. The defense was energized, and White celebrated accordingly.
                          Later in the same series, Herbert dropped back, and the Chargers secondary locked in on all the receivers. Herbert had nowhere to go. He double-clutched twice before tucking the ball. Perhaps he would have escaped, but I marked this down as a coverage sack.
                          Herbert responded with an excellent throw to Jalen Guyton on a deep crossing route near the sideline, but Guyton dropped the pass.
                          Easton Stick then came on and had a rough series. He completed a pass to the flat to tight end Matt Sokol, but Sokol was covered and forced out of bounds for a 1-yard gain. Stick then sailed a throw over the middle of the field. Rookie Mark Webb was waiting deep and hauled in the interception — the defense’s first forced turnover of camp. Stick’s next attempt was a throw to the flat to running back Darius Bradwell, and outside linebacker Emeke Egbule knocked it away.
                          Chase Daniel had more success against the third-team defense, completing consecutive big gains on out routes, first to receiver K.J. Hill and then to Sokol. But the defense clearly won this period.
                          Next came 11-on-11. And on the first play, Herbert’s pass to the right side was tipped. Cornerback Brandon Facyson came down with the ball for the secondary’s second pick of the morning.
                          Herbert was unfazed, though. And as he did often as a rookie, he shook off the mistake and came back with a big throw. Cook surged open down the seam, and Herbert unleashed a perfectly placed bullet that hit his tight end in stride. Cook sprinted away from defenders for a 55-yard touchdown.
                          Both these units are immensely talented, and that is showing. The offense and defense will go back and forth all camp. And we should see plenty of this give and take. Grab your popcorn.

Bosa-Staley relationship developing

During the stretching — or activation — period at the start of practice, coach Brandon Staley spent a good 10 minutes chatting with edge rusher Joey Bosa. Staley kept looking at his play sheet as the two talked football. Toward the end of the conversation, Staley, formerly an outside linebackers coach with the Bears and Broncos, actually started demonstrating a specific pass-rush movement. Bosa was giving his input and nodding along.
                          Since he was hired in January, Staley has preached the importance of relationships. This is a specific example of the type of individual and nuanced care Staley puts in those relationships, particularly with his star players.
                          In a short time, Staley has already made significant strides in earning Bosa’s trust. There is still work to be done, of course. But Bosa clearly already believes in Staley, and, as a result, he is taking on his added responsibilities — primarily dropping into coverage more — with an open mind and confidence. As Bosa phrased it, “putting my ego aside.”
                          “Obviously trust isn’t gained instantly,” Bosa said. “We have time that we need to put in together. But just the first impression with him, when I hear him speak, I like what he’s talking about. He talks about how he’s going to use me in certain situations and what he wants. And I like what I hear. … Over time, our relationship is just going to get stronger and stronger. And it’s just a matter of knowing everything back and front, so if I do get put in that situation, I’m ready.”
                          Bosa said he only rushed the passer one time in Thursday’s practice. That will not be a norm. In key pass-rushing situations, Bosa will have his hand in the dirt and do what he does best: get after the quarterback. Still, it is really interesting to hear the excitement in Bosa’s voice as he talks about, in his words, learning “football on another level.”
                          “There’s a lot going on. There’s a lot of moving pieces. And I think it’s great,” Bosa said. “A good defense shouldn’t be easy to learn in two days. So it’s a fun challenge. Usually I’m coming in here and I’m solely focused on how I’m rushing each day. And this is kind of another dynamic.”
                          Added Bosa: “Teaching an old dog new tricks. I didn’t think it was possible.”

A different tempo on special teams

New coordinator Derius Swinton II is bringing a newfound energy, precision and standard to a Chargers special teams unit that ranked worst in the league last season, according to Football Outsiders’ efficiency metric. We are not allowed to report on specific things coaches say to players on the field, but let’s just put it this way: he is demanding, he does not accept mental mistakes, and he gets after his players.
                          On Thursday, Swinton focused his drills on the kickoff and kick return units. On Wednesday, it was all punt and punt return. Swinton split his field in half Thursday. One half worked on returns, with S Nasir Adderley, WR K.J. Hill and WR Joe Reed doing the bulk of the work. The other half worked on positioning for kick return blocking. In my two previous seasons covering the Chargers, I never saw George Stewart split his field up in this manner.
                          The first-team kick return unit included: Facyson, TE Stephen Anderson, FB Gabe Nabers, OLB Kyler Fackrell, ILB Cole Christiansen, ILB Drue Tranquill, CB Kemon Hall and CB Tevaughn Campbell. One package included DL Joe Gaziano, with Hill and RB Larry Rountree back to return. Another package included OLB Chris Rumph, with Reed and Adderley back returning.

News and notes

• RB Justin Jackson returned to practice Thursday after being placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Tuesday. Vaccinated players placed on that list are allowed to return to practice if they receive two negative test results in 24 hours.
                          • C Corey Linsley did not participate in 11-on-11 drills. Offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi said this was because Linsley felt a little “under the weather.” Scott Quessenberry was the center with the first-team offense.
                          • CB Ryan Smith did not practice.
                          • Bosa, Uchenna Nwosu and Fackrell worked on pass-rushing moves during 7-on-7 drills. Rumph and Egbule were the outside linebackers with the first-team defense.
                          • The leadership of Derwin James is already being felt. During individual drills, the secondary split off into three-man groups and worked on half-field positioning. James was coaching up Webb.
                          • Hill had a standout day at wide receiver. On top of that catch from Daniel in 7-on-7, Hill also caught a 25-yard gain from Stick in 11-on-11. Stick, to his credit, got the defensive line to jump offside and took a shot downfield. It was Stick’s best throw of the day.
                          • Trey Pipkins rotated in at right tackle with the first-team offense to give Bryan Bulaga some plays off. Pipkins then moved to left tackle with the second team, and Storm Norton played left tackle.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X