Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...Howling Howie only played 5 games in 2019, 7 games in 2016 and missed 4 games in 2018...one more reason not to make an offer...habitually damaged goods and a whining headcase...

howard 2.JPG
      A whining head case? Are you for real? He is a top five coverage corner in the league. Check out their other corner, what they signed him to as a FA, and what his coverage abilities have graded at. Byron Jones is paid a lot more money on their defense and has been God awful. It's also not like he asked to redo a contract one year into a long-term deal. Players only have so much time to capitalize on their skills.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

A whining head case? Are you for real? He is a top five coverage corner in the league. Check out their other corner, what they signed him to as a FA, and what his coverage abilities have graded at. Byron Jones is paid a lot more money on their defense and has been god-awful.
        Okay, I'll make a correction. Howling Howie is a TALENTED whining headcase.

There...fixed it for me...

And yes...anyone who whines about not getting paid enough TWICE in the past two years qualifies as a whining headcase...

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Okay, I'll make a correction. Howling Howie is a TALENTED, BUT INJURY PRONE whining headcase.

There...fixed it for me...

And yes...anyone who whines about not getting paid enough TWICE in the past two years qualifies as a whining headcase...
          Your childish alliteration non-stop for every player in every post. is annoying.

The fact of the matter is he's one of the top cover corners in the entire NFL. His running mate makes a lot more money, with nowhere near similar abilities. They have short windows to capitalize on their skills , and some positions shorter windows than others.

Once you're a veteran you have to pay for production. when you have an in house guy that outperforms your star free agent by a country mile you better pay up, or you cause dissension in the locker room and you have to trade them. Byron Jones is not half the quarterback that Howard is

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
            Beef Before Gazelles
            • May 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

A whining head case? Are you for real? He is a top five coverage corner in the league. Check out their other corner, what they signed him to as a FA, and what his coverage abilities have graded at. Byron Jones is paid a lot more money on their defense and has been God awful. It's also not like he asked to redo a contract one year into a long-term deal. Players only have so much time to capitalize on their skills.
            While I don't disagree with what you're saying-- at least, not technically-- I *still* have to say:

If you have a chance to acquire an elite player (say... Aaron Donald), no matter how much your team needs a guy like him...

(1) You'll be committing a significant portion of your overall cap space to this guy...

(2) Signing him will limit your ability to pay for help you need in other areas.

(3) Donald won't really help your team much without the right guys around him.

So sometimes, acquiring an elite player isn't worth the price it would ultimately exact to get him.

IMO, X. Howard fits this description.

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

While I don't disagree with what you're saying-- at least, not technically-- I *still* have to say:

If you have a chance to acquire an elite player (say... Aaron Donald), no matter how much your team needs a guy like him...

(1) You'll be committing a significant portion of your overall cap space to this guy...

(2) Signing him will limit your ability to pay for help you need in other areas.

(3) Donald won't really help your team much without the right guys around him.

So sometimes, acquiring an elite player isn't worth the price it would ultimately exact to get him.

IMO, X. Howard fits this description.
              I'm not actually arguing your points. I take umbridge with top cats description of this particular player.
              I'm actually really big on teams paying their own homegrown talent especially when they are quality players. Look after your own .. number one.
              Use free agency to fill needed gaps, unlike what Miami did which was to paiy op dollar to a non-top corner in Byron Jones. Now their homegrown much more talented cornerback wants to get paid appropriately.

Howard isn't really pissed about what he's getting paid League wide he's pissed about the fact that someone else on his team who's nowhere near the corner he is, is getting paid a lot more money than he is. Can't say I blame him.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                Beef Before Gazelles
                • May 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

He’s also 28. I would rather get another OT or OL before going CB.
                With ya on this.

Make the Bolts' offense DOMINANT.

Give Herb OPTIMAL protection.

Set the stage, with a great O-line, for the running game to likewise have success.

Increase Time of Possession, and keep the opponent's offense off the field.

Make it impossible for opposing defenses to successfully key on either aspect of the Bolts' offense, run or pass.

Give Herbert what the organization largely failed to provide for Philip Rivers: A dominant O-line.

Comment

• Panamamike
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

With ya on this.

Make the Bolts' offense DOMINANT.

Give Herb OPTIMAL protection.

Set the stage, with a great O-line, for the running game to likewise have success.

Increase Time of Possession, and keep the opponent's offense off the field.

Make it impossible for opposing defenses to successfully key on either aspect of the Bolts' offense, run or pass.

Give Herbert what the organization largely failed to provide for Philip Rivers: A dominant O-line.
                  Connecting your quote and the post he quoted from.

I am actually not advocating trying to trade for Howard. Never said those words.

I also think we have invested a great deal in the offensive line this year in addition to players like Pipkins that everyone slags but don't realize how difficult his first year jump was from the D3 till last year having no off-season. For the first time since 2006 I think our own line is not our worst unit.
                  Right now I actually like our.talwnt level across the board. Depth issues will become apparent or solidify Let's see what happens as far as adapting to new schemes and health goes over the preseason.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                    Chargers HC Brandon Staley lauds linebacker group

Gavino Borquez
                    July 28, 2021 2:23 pm PT
                    White hasn't shown much imo. Hopefully in the new defense he will shine.

Comment

• SuperCharged
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Utah
                      • Midnight Toker
                      • Send PM

No real commentary this year? I was hoping someone would post some good plays. I like to hear about the rooks battleing. I don't tweet so im sol there.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM