• electricgold
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
    If it comes down to it, which one would you keep:

1. Kelley
    2. Jackson

The always available, limited, very likeable vs a very talented yet always injured RB? And no saying Bradwell or Rountree. Just compare these two primary backups to Ekeler. The backup/change of pace RB is an extremely important position for this team. Ekeler has an injury history and he cannot be nearly as effective if he has to play all the time.

TG
    Honestly Kelly and Jackson both should be cut and Bradwell and Rountree should take their spot. Ekleler should be our 3rd down back and return kicks and punts. Ekeler has never been an upper echelon every down back.

Comment

• electricgold
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
      7 toughest cuts from our Chargers 53-man roster prediction

We are a little less than a week away until we know how the Chargers 53-man roster for 2021 season will shape up.

With 27 players to cut, that means there will be some tough decisions to make as they fill out their team.

Going off of our latest 53-man roster projection, here were some of the most difficult cuts to make.

QB Easton Stick
      I’m a firm believer that Los Angeles should carry two quarterbacks. While Stick has some momentum on his side, I find it difficult to believe that the team will cut Chase Daniel, who brings the knowledge with Joe Lombardi’s offense and mentorship to aide in Herbert’s transition. However, with another strong performance on Saturday against the Seahawks and Stick could have the Chargers considering rolling into the season with three signal-callers.

RB Darius Bradwell
      Aside from Larry Rountree, Bradwell has been the most efficient rusher throughout the preseason. He has also made some key plays on special teams. While this may seem like enough to earn the final spot, I still believe that the coaches will roll the dice with the talent of Justin Jackson, despite injury concerns, and the untapped potential of Joshua Kelley. Bradwell should be a strong practice squad candidate, should he not make the roster.

TE Stephen Anderson
      I went back and forth with this one, but I kept Anderson off of the 53-man roster for the first time since I started making predictions. The reason for that is because of Gabe Nabers, who has played a similar role. I believe Nabers offers more upside as a blocker, has shown potential as a pass-catcher and most importantly, has been lauded by the coaches for his special teams ability.

DL Joe Gaziano
      I’ve always been a fan of Gaziano since he came out of Northwestern, and after making the move inside he has flashed a ton. The one thing that could hurt his chances from earning a spot, however, is that there are a handful of other interior defenders that have performed very well. In this case, I went with the more experienced Cortez Broughton, who has looked like an entirely different player this summer.

NT Forrest Merrill
      Like Gaziano, Merrill is in a tough situation because of how great the position group has been as a whole. Merrill, the undrafted free agent, has been a menace in the middle of the defensive line — consistently getting penetration and eating up double teams. Although he’s raised eyebrows, Breiden Fehoko gets the nod for his play and infectious energy he brings to the team.

EDGE Emeke Egbule
      I viewed Egbule as a player that would benefit from the defensive switch and while he’s done good things, especially on special teams, he’s recently been sidelined with an injury, which has led to other players flashing like Jessie Lemonier. In this scenario, I have the team rolling with four edge defenders and both players not making the team altogether to save a roster spot for another position group.

CB John Brannon
      The defensive backs have benefited from head coach Brandon Staley immensely, which has made it extremely difficult to figure out who will make the squad. While Brannon has led the team in interceptions this summer, players like Tevaughn Campbell and Kemon Hall were given the final spots simply because of their versatility in the secondary and special teams upside.
      I think the back up QB will be determined in this next game. Chase is starting Stick gets the rest of the game to see if he can win it. To me Stick is the clear backup based on this years play.

Forrest Merrill and Bradwell should be the 2 on this list with Stick that should not be cut.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

I rather have a RB that can produce which is Kelley. You can’t do it on the sideline. I think we have given JJ enough chance to prove himself and it looks like he can’t get over the injury bug. He’s the RB version of JV.
        Yep...but I could cut JJ and keep Bradwell over Kelley...Kelley is just average, though I guess the Bolts like him due to his pass blocking and ST play...

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Should not be that difficult. Cut who is unavailable and keep who is available that will run through walls to make roster.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

I’d cut Kelley and keep 4. Squeeze what you can out of JJ before the injury then bring up the best practice squad guy. Bradwell is too good on ST and he offers power that none of our other guys have.
            Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

They are not going to hold onto & develop Stick and then bounce him the moment he starts showing promise.
              Not going to happen.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                I’d cut Kelley and keep 4. Squeeze what you can out of JJ before the injury then bring up the best practice squad guy. Bradwell is too good on ST and he offers power that none of our other guys have.
                We need to keep Nabers so he can help JH with the victory briskets. JK

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
                  I’m with you 100%

Hey Telesco, check your ego at the door, every GM has draft picks that bust. Be honest and true to your players who deserve a roster slot.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

I’m with you 100%

Hey Telesco, check your ego at the door, every GM has draft picks that bust. Be honest and true to your players who deserve a roster slot.
                    Kelley could have been a Lynn pick approved by TT. Who knows.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I can't see them cutting Chace Daniels so I believe if they are happy with what Stick has shown them they will be forced to keep three QB's.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Kyzir, Fackrell both named by multiple of the beat writers as the best TC performers. They think both have earned/are getting the starting roles/reps alongside K9 and Bosa respectively.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                          SLAM DUNK!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • East County San Diego
                          • Bolt fanatic
                          • Send PM

Justin Jackson when healthy has been the most effective back outside Eck, problem is he is never freaking healthy

If he gets cut its basically just due to being injured all the time, not how he plays when healthy
                          migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

Working...
                          X