• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

I read that Swinton was hired by Chip Kelly for his one year as SF HC and took the unit from bottom of the pack to middle in his first year. Then he was purged when Kelly was fired and Shanahan Jr brought in his own guy.

Anyone will be an improvement over Stewart and his two assistants. When Lynn took over, on top of all the rest of the stuff on his plate, ST improved. And he didn't even have the time to invest in it.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
      Do we think they keep Badgley and Long or look to replace them? I’m sure there is some coaching for those guys, but I tend to think that they are what they are.
      I think there will be legs in camp. More competition than last camp, that is for sure. Long is ok and I like his kickoffs but he is not a weapon as a punter. Not really a good placement guy from what I have seen. Badgely had mental issues. Maybe expecting to get clobbered by a missed assignment every kick messes with these guys?

TG
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• CivilBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think there will be legs in camp. More competition than last camp, that is for sure. Long is ok and I like his kickoffs but he is not a weapon as a punter. Not really a good placement guy from what I have seen. Badgely had mental issues. Maybe expecting to get clobbered by a missed assignment every kick messes with these guys?

TG
        I agree. The thing I don’t like about Badgely is that he can’t do kickoffs due to lack of leg strength. We need someone that can do both FGs/kickoffs.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
          I am not sure one position on special teams, including the long snapper - shouldn't be open for competition. Punter, Kicker, gunners, blockers, you name it.

That was good to read that he improved the Niners ST under Chip Kelly. Chargers need that type of improvement.

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

This is such a disappointing change -we were all hoping they'd keep Stewart. :rofl:
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
              Outback Goon
              • Sep 2018
              • Australia
              • Send PM

Good luck coach

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

Staley talking about Swinton, “Also, situationally, he’s been instrumental in helping the Cardinals with game management; it’s something that I’m really excited for him to bring to the Chargers.”

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

As long as he does not wander the side lines shitting his pants he will be an upgrade over Stewart.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
                    Staley talking about Swinton, “Also, situationally, he’s been instrumental in helping the Cardinals with game management; it’s something that I’m really excited for him to bring to the Chargers.”
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Does Swinton go for fake punts or fake field goals? We didn't have that under Stewart or Lynn.

Comment

• AK47
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

What if I were to tell you 4 years ago that a dude named Derius Swinton II and the "Money Badger" were to make our special teams legit? That a dude named Herbert would eclipse Rivers. That the Chargers would move into a brand new stadium in LA. That Spanos' would hire Agent Smith from the Matrix to lead our team to its 1st ever SB win?

Comment

• CivilBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
                          Does Swinton go for fake punts or fake field goals? We didn't have that under Stewart or Lynn.
                          I’m not surprised at all. They can’t even get their players do the simple plays. Yesterday’s onside kick recovery was a thing of beauty. I was already daydreaming the bolts pulling off the same thing with this new coaching regime.

Comment

Working...
                          X