• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Still after he got hurt, Rivers was still making some plays and still able to keep us in games. Add in a few stretches like vs Oakland and SF, he still was able to play at a very high level, but mostly when the OL played better.

Just about any time an offense is inconsistent, you can be sure that the OL is struggling. Sometimes it is just a confidence of the skill players, but that is usually pretty obvious with dropped passes and turnovers.

And as far as the why he got injured, then that goes back to the OL too.
    Somebody reported that it was in the Jets game that he hurt his ribs.

Comment

• Yubaking
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      You really want Chud? You want the Norv Turner offense back? Because that is what he runs.

Gase runs the McCoy offense (and who knows what tweaks and controls Peyton added to it to make it go). We already have the McCoy offense and I really wonder how good Gase will be without Manning to call all the plays at the line. McCoy had some experience pre-Peyton Manning. Not sure if Gase has much?

I was impressed with the Chargers offense early. Then after about 6 games it went downhill. Injury related? Don't know. But I think Reich demonstrated he can do it. But for some reason it didn't last too long.

TG
      I would take the Coryell system any day of the week and twice on Sunday if we had the proper personnel to run it as long as you could guarantee that 1) we would not use Norv Turner's watered down version of that offense and 2) Norv Turner would not be the one calling the plays.

Our offense was a top 5 scoring offense year after year until 2012 even under Norv's crappy version of the offense and even with Norv's crappy play calling.

However, the system requires an OL that can protect the QB effectively and it is a much worse system when the OL is poor as it is now.

Comment

Working...
      X