• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not bad but I'd go Edge a lot sooner. Once again depending on what FA'cy brings us and who we lose. I'm also probably looking for a RB in there.
    In these scenarios I'd add 3 FAs:
    OC - Cory Lindsley (or Blythe)
    CB - William Jackson (or Darby)
    EDGE - Leonard Floyd (I know you're not a fan of this one)

Cuts: Casey Hayward, Trai Turner

New Contracts: Michael Davis, Hunter Henry, Dan Feeney, Nick Vigil, Sam Tevi, Jenkins

Let walk: Ingram, Pouncey, Perryman, Lamp, Square

I agree that RB needs to be addressed, but I'd take one in the later rounds. Got my eye on Jermar Jefferson from Oregon State.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Here's what Elerson Smith did at the Senior Bowl:

24 total snaps
      17 snaps at EDGE (3 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 QB HUR/HIT)
      7 snaps at DT (didn't do much on these reps)

At edge he also drew double teams on 2 plays. I also counted 2 plays in which the OT took him out of the play with 1-on-1 blocking. But on most reps he was getting good push and collapsing the pocket.
      He had a good showing there. Just saying it dont make him a 3rd round pick. Just watched some on him. Its very hard to find anything to watch on him. I watched the only game tape i could find against Idaho st in Sept 2019.

Over a year ago so he was probably a little lighter. Not real explosive and was going against a OT much bigger than him so if the OT got a hold of him, he was done. The times he did beat him off the snap, he was able to get to the ball carrier or make the QB move but more often than not, he had a hard time disengaging.

I dont recall who he was up against in the senior bowl game as i cant record shows. I know he weighed in at 262 and he was maybe 250 in that video i watched as one other tape i found was his coaches talking about him and said he got heavier from the year before.

Its one game on video and senior bowl game. Id probably go with the draft writeups i saw and say 5-6 round with potentual. Maybe 4th if someone really likes his potentual but likely isnt someone who will start for you as a rookie.

Saw a senior bowl video from today also that was talking about who faired well and who didnt and Jordon Smith didnt get a ringing endorsement either. They said going in scouts questioned his football IQ and didnt help himself with that this week. I dont recall why, i remember just two plays i saw him in. Tough to catch everyone you want to see in a game like that unless you rewatch it.
      Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-31-2021, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Elerson Smith was only 190 lbs going into college. In the 2019 tape I’ve seen he looks 230-240ish. So I was shocked when he weighed in at 262 at the Senior Bowl. That tells me the kid’s been training hard and getting stronger during his year off. It’s impressive and shows he really wants it.

I had a 4-5 round grade on him before this week, but after the weigh-in and game performance, I’ve elevated his stock. Not sure if he’d be an immediate contributor, but if we sign Floyd he’d have time to develop behind Floyd and Nwosu.

That’s disappointing about Jordan Smith. I’ve got a 3rd round grade on him as well.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          Elerson Smith was only 190 lbs going into college. In the 2019 tape I’ve seen he looks 230-240ish. So I was shocked when he weighed in at 262 at the Senior Bowl. That tells me the kid’s been training hard and getting stronger during his year off. It’s impressive and shows he really wants it.

I had a 4-5 round grade on him before this week, but after the weigh-in and game performance, I’ve elevated his stock. Not sure if he’d be an immediate contributor, but if we sign Floyd he’d have time to develop behind Floyd and Nwosu.

That’s disappointing about Jordan Smith. I’ve got a 3rd round grade on him as well.
          Yeah he looked maybe 240 or so in that video. He is 6'7" so he was lanky. It was a Sept 21, 2019 game.

Im hoping we dont sign Floyd and draft a EDGE early within rounds 2-3 and another later if we dont sign anybody. Im just not wowed by Floyd and his 11 mil per yr forecast on one good season and still only weighing 240lbs. He got mostly coverage sacks.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Yeah he looked maybe 240 or so in that video. He is 6'7" so he was lanky. It was a Sept 21, 2019 game.

Im hoping we dont sign Floyd and draft a EDGE early within rounds 2-3 and another later if we dont sign anybody. Im just not wowed by Floyd and his 11 mil per yr forecast on one good season and still only weighing 240lbs. He got mostly coverage sacks.
            I hear ya on Floyd. And there's a lot of talented edge rushers in this draft. But one of the main reasons I like Floyd is because of his familiarity with Staley and his system. He'd play a role in acclimating our defense, as well as hopefully producing on Sundays. Watching him play, it's impossible to deny the fact that he's a high motor player. Probably the reason he got so many coverage sacks. But I agree we should take a couple OLBs in this draft. Getting a stud early isn't the worst idea. But I'd be happy with a couple of day 3 guys like Elerson Smith, Jordan Smith, Daelin Hayes, Jonathan Cooper, or William Bradley-King. I dunno, we shall see.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2020
              • Oklahoma
              • Send PM

Floyd is one of my FA targets if he signs a reasonable incentive driven contract because he knows he will thrive with Staley and gets to stay in LA.
              If not, then no. Didn't know players loved the coach so much. Poach at least 2 guys from the Rams

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                Floyd is one of my FA targets if he signs a reasonable incentive driven contract because he knows he will thrive with Staley and gets to stay in LA.
                If not, then no. Didn't know players loved the coach so much. Poach at least 2 guys from the Rams
                That should make Kroenke groan...again...

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

WTH is wrong with Leatherwood?
                    Doesn’t even look worth a 2nd rounder
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• Parcells
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Leatherwood is not gonna make it as a tackle. Question is if he can slide inside.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Sample was on my SB watch list.
                        He jumped off the screen on Tulane tape.
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                          Leatherwood is not gonna make it as a tackle. Question is if he can slide inside.
                          He starting off playing OG at Bama.
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X