Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How many O-Linemen should the Chargers draft?

    How O-line heavy will TT go?
    42
    1-2
    23.81%
    10
    2-3
    47.62%
    20
    3-4
    26.19%
    11
    4-5
    2.38%
    1

  • #2
    The right one !

    Comment


    • #3
      "All I want for Draft Day is a new O-line, a new O-line, a new O-line..."

      Round 1 - OT
      Round 2 or 3 - Best of OT or IOL
      Round 5 or 6 - A developmental OT, or a steal

      And sign a FA O-lineman without an injury history...

      Comment


      • #4
        ALL

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Topcat View Post
          "All I want for Draft Day is a new O-line, a new O-line, a new O-line..."

          Round 1 - OT
          Round 2 or 3 - Best of OT or IOL
          Round 5 or 6 - A developmental OT, or a steal

          And sign a FA O-lineman without an injury history...
          I would take that scenario all day.

          Comment


          • #6
            Imo Staley will secure whatever pieces he needs for a top 5 defense primarily through FA so he doesn’t depend on rookies
            look for vets past their prime who will take less to work with Staley to regain their form/brand.
            The draft will be offense heavy and Lombardi will be tasked with simply improving the offense with hopefully 2 new starters on the OL one being a FA (Trent Williams) and the other a rookie (Slater), along with rookie depth to compete with Feeney and Tevi or whoever we resign.
            He’s a LEFT tackle.
            ”be better than me”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
              Imo Staley will secure whatever pieces he needs for a top 5 defense primarily through FA so he doesn’t depend on rookies
              look for vets past their prime who will take less to work with Staley to regain their form/brand.
              The draft will be offense heavy and Lombardi will be tasked with simply improving the offense with hopefully 2 new starters on the OL one being a FA (Trent Williams) and the other a rookie (Slater), along with rookie depth to compete with Feeney and Tevi or whoever we resign.
              Agree. Just watched Chargers weekly when Chris Hayre and Jeff Duncan (Saints writer) talked about Joe Lombardi. They talked about the Saints offense changing throughout the years depending on personnel. From pass heavy with meachem, etc., then TE focused with Jimmy G. now with Kamara. Jeff said what didn’t change was the Saints investing their 1st and 2nd on OL. Hopefully Joe carries it over to this year’s draft.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                "All I want for Draft Day is a new O-line, a new O-line, a new O-line..."

                Round 1 - OT
                Round 2 or 3 - Best of OT or IOL
                Round 5 or 6 - A developmental OT, or a steal

                And sign a FA O-lineman without an injury history...
                Pretty much this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                  "All I want for Draft Day is a new O-line, a new O-line, a new O-line..."

                  Round 1 - OT
                  Round 2 or 3 - Best of OT or IOL
                  Round 5 or 6 - A developmental OT, or a steal

                  And sign a FA O-lineman without an injury history...
                  I think this is the correct answer

                  Release Turner and sign a better long term player

                  I am also okay bringing back Tevi and Lamp or Feeney for depth

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

                    I think this is the correct answer

                    Release Turner and sign a better long term player

                    I am also okay bringing back Tevi and Lamp or Feeney for depth
                    Agree...I've been tough on Tevi in the past, but he DID show SOME improvement at LT this past season...so re-sign him at a team-friendly deal...on Lamp and Feeney, team needs to evaluate how well they fit system and whether there's upside that can be coached up...if so, sign one or both to team-friendly deal...if not, let one or both go...I'd like to keep at least one for depth...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Topcat View Post

                      Agree...I've been tough on Tevi in the past, but he DID show SOME improvement at LT this past season...so re-sign him at a team-friendly deal...on Lamp and Feeney, team needs to evaluate how well they fit system and whether there's upside that can be coached up...if so, sign one or both to team-friendly deal...if not, let one or both go...I'd like to keep at least one for depth...
                      Austin Blythe from the Rams - (I know I throw out a lot of Rams players but with their cap situation - they might be able to bring everybody back) - look at PFF - Blythe was a 69 and Feeney at 48. I get its one metric but if you can say release Turner, bring in Feliciano and Blythe and not bring back Feeney - that might be better depth. I think Lamp will be cheaper than Feeney and Tevi did show something - so today, I am probably bringing back Tevi and if truly for depth - well Lamp.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

                        Austin Blythe from the Rams - (I know I throw out a lot of Rams players but with their cap situation - they might be able to bring everybody back) - look at PFF - Blythe was a 69 and Feeney at 48. I get its one metric but if you can say release Turner, bring in Feliciano and Blythe and not bring back Feeney - that might be better depth. I think Lamp will be cheaper than Feeney and Tevi did show something - so today, I am probably bringing back Tevi and if truly for depth - well Lamp.
                        Sounds like a plan...

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X